TB6600 drive from EBAY - Page 5

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by lucas View Post
    Looks like the chip is glued to the heatsink (no screws) and I don't see any screws or other fixations between the heatsink and PCB.
    Would they really dare to sell a drive with the heatsink glued to the chip and this whole assembly hanging only on the tiny pins of the chip?
    Anyone who has handled a TB6600 chip will know that the pins are flimsy, no strenght at all.

Am I missing something or is this really the case?
    I wouldn't even dare to use a construction like this for a prototype.
    Wow, I don't see any other heatsink support, either. That's a big cantilever torque for those little pins. Maybe there are a few dabs of epoxy that we can't see, but there's no evidence to assume so.
    Apparently, they do dare -- this is how many manufacturers hit a new low price point. Given the string of problems that we know of already, I'd expect there are more.

David Malicky

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

The heat sink is is taped on. It is normally intended for surface mounted chips.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hallo Lucas,

i tryed to contact you because i want to buy a stepper driver kit from your homepage, but the mailserver sends the mail back to me (user unknown).
    Is the THB6064 project still alive?

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't receive private messages here on the zone for an unknow reason.

Project isn't dead.

PM sent to you.

Open source CNC electronics and accessories:
    http://home.scarlet.be/ldt006/THB6064AH.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tt-boy View Post
    Guys,
    I worked out the problem with my TB6600 only driving at 30% current. The Clock Pulse is too short from Mach3 (1-5ms).

Solution is change the value of one of the caps to 1uF.
    See attached.Attachment 211852

Hi tt-boy , have you tested your solution ? did the end result fix the problem ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Lucas,

I tryed to contact you at the email indicated on your skynet.be webpage. Still in business with THB6064AH driver?

Cheers, Sebastian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i asking the same like sea13. have wrote a mail but no response... i think i will go with good look buy or with this nice drive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Luc responds when he can. I know he still has drivers and does sell and ship them. If you are in the USA, there is a slightly different version of the same driver, also designed by Luc, available in stock for immediate shipment, from:
    THB6064 MassMind Stepper Motor Driver Kit
    It is the same drive with the same specs except: It does NOT provide optical isolation (because I don't think it's worth the hassle) and it does have an (optional) error feedback circuit. It works nicely with my BOB and cable sets. Andrey is using this system on his massive 3D concrete house printer.
    Man Builds Concrete 3D Printer in His Garage

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by restinpeace View Post
    i asking the same like sea13. have wrote a mail but no response... .
    I can't receive Private Messages here, reason unknow, Admin says everything is fine.....

The email = contact link on my web site should work .
    It has been tested recently and works, I usually reply within a day, 2- 3 days max. if there's something special over here.

Hmmm, "restinpeace" = rip ?? You've got mail.

And yes , I'm still selling THB6064 kit's, no problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello ,
    I've bought CNC electronics package on ebay with HY-DIV186N drivers . Everything is running fine except the stepper can move only in one direction. When I press x+ or x- button in mach3 , the motor moves only in the same direction for both buttons. I am pretty sure the problem is in drivers because I analize dir signal with volmeter and the readings are 0 v for one direction and 5 v for other direction. What to do ?
    I would appreciate any help for solving this .

Best regards ,
    Ivor

Downloads
    Uploads

How about contacting the ebay seller for support?

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by onewaystepper View Post
    Hello ,
    I've bought CNC electronics package on ebay with HY-DIV186N drivers . Everything is running fine except the stepper can move only in one direction. When I press x+ or x- button in mach3 , the motor moves only in the same direction for both buttons. I am pretty sure the problem is in drivers because I analize dir signal with volmeter and the readings are 0 v for one direction and 5 v for other direction.
    Is it HY-DIV186N or HY-DIV286N?
    Is the wiring correct? It would be strange that all drives have that particular problem, unless there's a new design or manufacturing flaw in addition to those we already know.
    A link to the package, especially the BOB will be required to assist.

I would do what James suggests if you are sure that everything is wired correctly and then a step further:
    Ask for a (partial) refund and buy something better.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody,
    first post here, but not new to cnc hobby, build my cnc mill 12years ago but it got under dust. i'm refurbishing the cnc at the moment and i want to add a 4th axis but my present driver only has 3 so i ordered an ebay 4 axis tb6600hg 3rd edition. I'm running 8 lead hybrid stepper motors running in parrallel. the voltage rating is 6V 1.8Amps but in parrallel only about 1.2Amps @ unregulated 30Vdc. Think this will be right in the middle of this card, conservative on the Amps anyhow. Now i just found this thread and that made me wonder if this card will also have the problem with torque due to getting into reduced idle current as shown in the osciloscope pictures or does the 3rd edition mean nothing as being improved over the other editions?
    As i live in the netherlands i'd be happy to send this board to lucas for checking out if things have improved. for example the capacitor is 3300uF per axis rated -40to105+ but only a 50V version(duh,cheapo cheapo almost there chinaman). Any comments?

Downloads
    Uploads

Lucas,

I seem to have made the same mistake. I ordered these HY-DIV268-N that have HY-TB268-N2 boards in them off ebay. The dip switch table on the case seem to have nothing to do with the driver. Were you able to map out how to get in 1/4/ step mode?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by frie View Post
    Now i just found this thread and that made me wonder if this card will also have the problem with torque due to getting into reduced idle current as shown in the osciloscope pictures or does the 3rd edition mean nothing as being improved over the other editions?
    Do you have a link to that board? Can't find anything on Ebay with that description.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeyCrew View Post
    Lucas,

I seem to have made the same mistake. I ordered these HY-DIV268-N that have HY-TB268-N2 boards in them off ebay. The dip switch table on the case seem to have nothing to do with the driver. Were you able to map out how to get in 1/4/ step mode?

Thanks
    Strange, somebody told me that the new ones were correct.
    1/4th should be SW5 off, SW4 and SW6 on.
    You will still have a very poor performing drive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lucas here is the link to the drive:
    New 4 Axis TB6600HG Stepper Motor Driver Board Controller Demo Mach3 Software | eBay
    Searching for drivers i found some that come with adjustable or fixed reduced current idle timing, some as late as 10seconds after the last pulse, could this be a solution for this board to stretch the timing?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lucas, reading the thread again i saw in the beginning that you pinpointed the weak spot of the timing constant of 2microseconds to be the achilles heal of the driver going into standby mode to fast. I'm not an electronics skilled man, but i have some basic understanding. I managed to trace pin 3 (torque pin) and found the 2k resistor located under the TB6600 chip(backside of the board) you mentioned but i cannot thell which component there is after the resistor. it looks like a smd component 1 lead goes to the 2k resistor>to pin 3, other 2 leads are on the same pcb trace. i cannot see the component value as it is black but i think it says:2Au. is there a way to adjust the values of 1 or 2 to get a more desirable timing constant? maybe by desoldering pin 3 from the board and put something in between the pin and board?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For myself i think i got the TQ pin circuit together, but i really need some help here. As far as i can tell the TQ circuit gets high by a signal at transistor sot23 3906 2A, after the transistor is a 2k resistor, a 10k resistor to ground then pin 3 TQ follows.
    - Can anybody tell the time constant of this circuit or has it already been calculated earlier in the thread at around 1ms?
    - how to delay the time constant, could it be as easy as removing the 10k to ground? Or greater value?
    I need an delayed reduced idle timing on pin3 for slitting saw operation, as this requires slow stepping at full current and not the 30% after 2microseconds.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply, family still has priority.

The description or the pictures in the link don't show much.
    It could be that the circuitry is the same as the HY-DIV268 but there should be more than the components which you describe.
    At least a capacitor is needed to create a timing constant or a one-shot integrated circuit.
    The entire circuit between the step pulse and the torque pin has to be analysed.

You could disconnect the torque pin and tie it to +5 to obtain continous full torque, this is far from ideal as the drivers will heat unnecessary.
    These all in one boards might be cheap but will probably cost more in the long run, if something fails the entire board could be trashed. This is why I hate the "all in one".
    I might find some time to do some measurements if you can ship the board over here.
    Please don't use PM on this site, it doesn't work for an unknow reason. Use the contact link on the website in the signature.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have problem with my tb6560. X and Z axis motors work fine. Y axis motor starts to run uncontrollably (and it gets hot) when i plug tb6560 to power. It twitches during that movement. I can't jog it with Mach3, the only time when Y axis motor doesn't is when RESET button is blinking, when i hit it its starts to move again
    i hocked up everything correct and setup mach3 and checked out numerous time, and don't have idea whats wrong
    Does anyone have a solution?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast