TB6600 drive from EBAY - Page 14

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Petsat,

I'm trying to follow your document to fix the stepper driver. May I know what's the resistor that you have soldered there, marked with red arrow? ( sorry, couldn't upload the pict. It is on pg 7 of your doc, the bottoms picture. The smd resistor is between the existing big capacitor and the big resistor
    I'm not an electronic guy, so I'm going to follow exactly as per your diagram.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by petsat View Post
    TB6600 analysis and suggested modifications.

High All,

After many hours of reading, testing and experimenting I gathered all data that apply to MY Tb6600 board, made all modifications to comply to datasheet suggestions and several modifications suggested by other members here!

My verdict:
    It is a fine board to kill many hours in learning how not to design a board!
    Did this work before the mods? Sort of.
    Does this work after the mods? YES
    Did I make it reliable? No! I would not claim that! I would not use it for serious work!

It was fun though and educational!

I would say: buy it if you have time, knowledge and patience!

Petsat

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Any resolution to your problem? I am having the same issue. My output is showing voltage from the PC. I thought about using a drop down resistor, but I am still learning with electronics.
    thanks, Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=371078&stc=1

Can anyone identify what is the value of these two resistors solder in parallel?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TB6600 drive from EBAY-file-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys! Sorry for the late answer but I was away for a few weeks.
    Im not sure I follow you on the questions!!!
    If you study the schematic with all proposed changes you have all the answers!
    I will try to answer some.
    At Page 7 at the bottom photo there are the following:
    Two parallel resistors (one with yellow sleeves the other with green) 10K each
    As for the middle there is a capacitor (surface mount or SMD) between pin 5 and ground see next photo

TB6600 drive from EBAY-pin5-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok got it, the 0.01uF is the one that I am missing. Thank you!

Hi guys! Sorry for the late answer but I was away for a few weeks.
    Im not sure I follow you on the questions!!!
    If you study the schematic with all proposed changes you have all the answers!
    I will try to answer some.
    At Page 7 at the bottom photo there are the following:
    Two parallel resistors (one with yellow sleeves the other with green) 10K each
    As for the middle there is a capacitor (surface mount or SMD) between pin 5 and ground see next photo

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=371492&stc=1

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all.....another 2 pennoth worth.....about 2013 I entered into a buy it now and get it sometime latter deal for a bespoke CNC mill from China, and after it seemed it would never arrive I decided to build a small CNC router from steel tube etc..........long story short.......it eventually arrived and the steel build got put on the back burner.

So what?.....well 2 years back I "invested" in 4 of the 6600 drives as they were said to be "better" than the 6500 ones and on reading the whole thread have decided to sell them on and maybe invest in the kits for 4 of the THB 6064AH drives with break out board from Massmind.org in the USA.....$110 about, as I probably will want to one day revive the steel build again.

Not being a masochist, this seems like the most logical solution for an easy way out as I don't think the 6600 will EVER get off the launching pad with any degree of reliability even if I bribed it with honey and lots of loving care.......the plug and play aspect is more important than the cut and try one any day, and my electronic skills are very basic at the best.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    First Happy New year everyone

Currently I have Chinese 2417 CNC mill with A4988 driver.
    So what I am planing to do is to construct my own slightly bigger CNC.
    I am planing to use steppers like NEMA17 or NEMA23 up 3A current.
    After spending few hours reading this thread, to get more information about Chinese TB6600 drivers,
    I came up to conclusions that this type of driver has least problems, and I can get up to 2.8A with no mods.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5A-TB6600-TB6600HG-Single-Axis-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Controller-Replace-TB6560/162217753511?hash=item25c4ee7ba7:g:8moAAOSwGtRXz93 W
    So I just want to be sure, this is currently best TB6600 driver from all those Chinese drivers available on Ebay?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Liustas - how should anybody evaluate this? This seller doesn't show anything from the parts side, so I would suspect it is what the other sellers do - sell their dumpware with design faults. If you can't even see the version no. there's no warranty you get V.1.0 - my 50cts...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    The TB6560 is not a very good choice. I would suggest that since you are using an Arduino and CNC shield, I believe that the shield has provisions for using external stepper drivers rather than the plug-in DRV8825.

I would recommend the DM542T from Stepper Online. I have these on a machine I built and they work really well. The cost more, but they have mid-band resonance dampening, idle current reduction, 4.2A and 50V capability. They are very very smooth. I believe they are made for Stepper Online by Leadshine. They cost about $33 each from Amazon. The thing I like about these are they work exactly as advertised with no monkeying around.
    https://www.amazon.com/STEPPERONLINE...+driver+DM542T

If the DM542T is out of your price range then the TB6600 drives are cheap and a better choice than the TB6560. On my machine that has the DM542T's, I started out with TB6600's like the ones in the link below. I like individual drives for replacement ease. The TB6600's worked fine, but they can only be driven to about 40V. I used 36V and did not have a problem. I replaced them only because I wanted more speed and was going to up the voltage to 48V. At 36V the TB6600's worked fine, but they are not as smooth as the DM542T drives, but are a lot cheaper at about $8 on ebay. Takes a month to get them though. They also have some issues in regard to how they are made and setting VRef for the current. Basically the problems limit them to something less than the advertised 4.5A, but for my application I was looking for only 2.8A. See this thread for an explanation:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...ml#post1979892

This is the type TB6600 drives I have used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5A-TB6600...IAAOSw4shYBx~-

Bottom line is that the TB6600 drives are the lowest price/quality drives I would ever use now. I did start out on my first machine with TB6560 drives, but the TB6600's are a step up, and the DM542T drives are very good. Stepper drivers are definitely a place where you get what you pay for.

Note: I also have DRV8825 drives on my 3d Printer and they are great little drives, but no match for a motor that needs more than about 1.5A.
    I bought those from same seller. Waiting for delivery. I hope the best.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Liustas View Post
    I bought those from same seller. Waiting for delivery. I hope the best.
    You have put it correctly:

HOPE THE BEST.

If you use it "as is" they will prove to be weak in power! That is the reason I messed with it in the first place.

I must say they are not bad drivers they are just POORLY DESIGNED, at least in the version I have bought.

Consider them as a KIT (something partly finished) and put some work on them if you want to make them perform as should!
    PetSat

Downloads
    Uploads

You have put it correctly:

HOPE THE BEST.

If you use it "as is" they will prove to be weak in power! That is the reason I messed with it in the first place.

I must say they are not bad drivers they are just POORLY DESIGNED, at least in the version I have bought.

Consider them as a KIT (something partly finished) and put some work on them if you want to make them perform as should!
    PetSat
    This depends on which drives he meant when he said that. If he meant that he bought the Stepper Online DM542T drives made by Leadshine. I can say these drives are not poorly designed, perform very very well and are not TB6600 based.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought those https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5A-TB6600...IAAOSw4shYBx~-
    Well, I am going to drive steppers pulled out from old printer, their size 52mm x 52 mm, weight 480g, shaft diameter 6 mm.
    Tested them with a4899 stepper motor driver. They seem to work, but lacks power.
    I saw TB6600 mods described here, so if those drivers with no modifications will be performing bad, I will try to apply modification.
    If this driver can give 2.8A with no modifications, I think it might be enough for my steppers.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought those https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5A-TB6600...IAAOSw4shYBx~-
    Well, I am going to drive steppers pulled out from old printer, their size 52mm x 52 mm, weight 480g, shaft diameter 6 mm.
    Tested them with a4899 stepper motor driver. They seem to work, but lacks power.
    I saw TB6600 mods described here, so if those drivers with no modifications will be performing bad, I will try to apply modification.
    If this driver can give 2.8A with no modifications, I think it might be enough for my steppers.
    If the motors are made for 2.8A then yes, it may work, but if it is for less than 2A then the A4899 drivers are quite good actually. Very small and can also be driven by 24V and the current can be adjusted up to 2A. I am running a few NEMA 17 steppers with those drivers and if the micro stepping is kept at 8x then the torque is very good. Actually, regardless which driver you use, don't even dream about micro stepping 16x in a CNC... it sounds very good because it is quiet and nice, smoothly running motors, but no torque. I am using my A4899 in 3D printers, so 16x micro stepping is useful, but the CNC I built uses DQ542MA (not using Toshiba drivers) at 10x micro stepping, 43V and 3A. Had two blue boards with TB6560 first, but no matter how I modified those, they never were up to my requirements, so I replaced with DQ542MA drivers and never been happier.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I replaced with DQ542MA drivers and never been happier.
    +1 for the DQ542MA drivers!

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 for the DQ542MA drivers!
    Yes, those are really excellent. Cheap and very well made. So far I fried one due to my own stupid mistake during the measurements I made (see some posts above) but to fix the fried driver took only a minute or two and required only a fuse replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for fast replies and sharing with experience.

I have another CNC related question. I have chinese 2417 cnc mill. I noticed that my spindle motor sometimes, very randomly causes my stepper motors lose their steps.
    So that means my spindle motor generates too much electric noise. In most cases people propose to use shielded or twisted power cord, also add 0.1uF caps between motor supply pin and his chassis, and 0.1uF between positive and negative pins. Also others add ferrite rings on motor cable.
    I will try those mods, but maybe there are better motors, which generate less noise.
    Or maybe would be better to put brushless DC motor here in this case ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Yes, those are really excellent. Cheap and very well made. So far I fried one due to my own stupid mistake during the measurements I made (see some posts above) but to fix the fried driver took only a minute or two and required only a fuse replacement.

Funny you mentioned that! I have also, due to short circuit, fried a resistor to one of mine.
    Fixing it was a matter of minutes.

TB6600 drive from EBAY-p7271241s-jpg

It seems to me that they need some work on the protection circuit they use!

Downloads
    Uploads

I noticed that my spindle motor sometimes, very randomly causes my stepper motors lose their steps.
    Hmm. Are you sure that the spindle cause the problem?
    It could be a number of factors causing that!
    Try some measurements without the spindle connected. Then same measurements with spindle connected and turned ON.
    IF it comes from the spindle then try te measures you mentioned

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One day ago, I was engraving some logo on acrylic glass. Suddenly X and Y axis step motors started rattling and lose steps. I disconnected power from running spindle motor and stepper motors immediately started to work well. Then connected supply for spindle motor and steppers started lose their steps again. Spindle motor was ruining with no load. I measured spindle motor idle current (when it spins with no load) it draws 0.17 A at 12V. Power supply is 12V 5A.
    So that means steppers lose their steps not because of weak power supply. Voltage in power supply from idle 12.65V drops to 12.30V when all CNC machine motors are working.
    I will try to modify my motor, and see what happens. Because I suspecting electrical noise. Also my CNC wiring are not very good, they are twisted but quite messy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, it might pay you to have a look at the JAMES NEWTON web site Slowing 69.16.243.61&c=1&t=43112.846193287 .....he is selling complete DIY kits for stepper drivers using the specially selected 6064AH chip.

This is a specially selected component kit as the Chinese assembled ones were so bad he decided to assemble a component kit for DIY assembly.
    Ian.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast