New Machine Build DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors

Thread: DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors

Hello, newbie here, never done this before, bought some stepper motors, power supplies and DQ860MA Drivers from a Chinaman for a RF30? table top milling machine. ( I got a great deaI from this guy) it's all fitted out and seems to be running O.K. after about 5 broken cutters and a couple of crashes. I'm using EMC2 software for the controller and have reached the stage where I need to fine tune this system.
    It's quite a learning curve but at least I am no longer standing at the mill laboriously turning handles anymore, just sitting by the big red button and watching it go. The EMC2 requires driver timing for step and direction. I notice this is available for a few different drives on the market, but have found none for the DQ860MA. The linuxcnc website suggests a starting point timing of 10000 ns, if you don't know what timing your drives need, and that's what I'm running now. Has anyone else got these drives and EMC2 and have the info I'm looking for? if so I would greatly appreciate you sharing it. P.S hope I'm posting in the correct forum.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to add a couple of pics here

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-dsc02807sm-jpeg   DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-dsc02808sm-jpeg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy DQ860MA

Hi All,

I am also having problems on trying to figure out:
    Step Time ns Step Space ns Dir. Hold ns Dir. Step ns
    parameters for this controllers. I have search every where and no luck. Would be appreciated if any body can help with this problem. Hopefully, some one has figure out these parameters. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm use same driver from china. I'm setting current by 0.7 * motor amps. It work ok. If you setting full current by name plate of motor. Motor will jeck.

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/6169/img0902w.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do you have 3 power supplies and have you tried contacting the seller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DQ860MA

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Is the current by 0.7*motor amps for the peak or RMS? Cool machine you have retrofit. Nice picture.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe a little late, but I have found a datasheet of the DQ860MA. Indeed it is in german, but doesn´t matter, the info you need I have marked with the red circle.
    Also I have uploaded the whole datasheet: DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-dq860ma-pdf
    Hope it helps..

DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-bildschirmfoto-jpgDQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-bildschirmfoto1-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using DQ860MA, DQ542MA drives with linux EMC2.
    My timing values in EMC2 are 100, 100, 100, 100 ns. It works without losing any steps or pulse errors.....but I cut off all optocouplers on china made BOB (because the drivers already have the optocouplers inside).
    Those Wantai breakout-board optocouplers are superslow...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's probably why they give them away free when you buy motors and drivers from them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors

Quote Originally Posted by outofoperation View Post
    Maybe a little late, but I have found a datasheet of the DQ860MA. Indeed it is in german, but doesn´t matter, the info you need I have marked with the red circle.
    Also I have uploaded the whole datasheet: DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-dq860ma-pdf
    Hope it helps..

DQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-bildschirmfoto-jpgDQ860MA Driver from Wantai motors-bildschirmfoto1-jpg
    Thank you very much for posting the timing requirements.