Over 60 Steam Engine Plans - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over 60 Steam Engine Plans

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have just moved our site to a permanent one after 6 months up and running on a free site. Your thread has already been mentioned on there.
    Please feel free to come across and check us out.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php

You won't be disappointed.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John,

Looks good. Will Check it out.

Lim

Live is short, live it well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

where do I go to see the 60 free plans for steam engines?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do I get in touch with member: gdl357

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do I get to see ANY steam engine plans on here. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down ************UPDATE*************

You Can't anymore.

As you can see from the mostly negative responses I have gotten just because I had asked to have a small fee that went to hosting the site paid. The worst part is when you see your nights and weekends go by working on the forum, and then getting more negative responses, it's like a shot in the heart. My dream was to once have a 5000 user forum, but that was then.

SO, I decided to pull the whole site of the face of the cyber planet. I can easly reinstall the forum and get it up and running in about 2 hours...but why??? My time is more important than maintaining a forum for cheapos.

Like I said before, thx to who ever join as I am sure you are still smiling from all the plans and videos you must have downloaded for free. I had close to 200 plans on there waiting to get downloaded at one point...all you had to do is pay $12

Thx

.:: gdl357 ::.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you want to see a site that is dedicated to sharing things, including all of his own designed plans then look at Jan Ridders site.

http://heetgasmodelbouw.ridders.nu/i...ks_english.htm

This true gentleman shares everything, and only if you ask for one of his great plans is there any mention of a voluntary donation to help keep his site going. But as I said, it is voluntary, NOT forced upon you.

I know of dozens of sites like this, where people share with no thought of making profits, and everything is kept to donations only or totally free.

I hate seeing people starting up a website, and who then start to sell basic model plans STOLEN from other peoples work, who have usually made them available for free on the net.

I spend many of my freetime hours writing up posts, showing how to make things and also designing engines and tooling, making them free to download or see, for anyone who wants them. My time is worth a lot more than it costs to run a website, and I wouldn't even consider charging anyone for the help I give them.

http://madmodder.net/

Bogs

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gdl357 View Post
    You Can't anymore.
    My time is more important than maintaining a forum for cheapos.
    You should read "Free" By Chris Anderson... and yes, you can find it for free online or look for it at amazon.

Pablo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gdl357 View Post
    You Can't anymore.

As you can see from the mostly negative responses I have gotten just because I had asked to have a small fee that went to hosting the site paid. The worst part is when you see your nights and weekends go by working on the forum, and then getting more negative responses, it's like a shot in the heart. My dream was to once have a 5000 user forum, but that was then.

SO, I decided to pull the whole site of the face of the cyber planet. I can easly reinstall the forum and get it up and running in about 2 hours...but why??? My time is more important than maintaining a forum for cheapos.

Like I said before, thx to who ever join as I am sure you are still smiling from all the plans and videos you must have downloaded for free. I had close to 200 plans on there waiting to get downloaded at one point...all you had to do is pay $12

Thx
    I'll call double bs, maybe even triple.
    1) You already paid your hosting fee. It saved you no money pulling your site down, you did it out of spite. You could have left it up, changed access to free until your hosting plan expired, and at least gotten back some good will. Instead you chose to pull it. That means you probably were not paying for it to begin with.
    2) You can easily support a web site with google advertisements. been there done that. if google ads dont support the site, then the interest is too small and you shouldn't even bother. Charging visitors a fee was a pure profit move.
    3) The original plans were not yours to publish to begin with. The real cheapo here is apparent.
    4) I have seen too many web sites were the author felt he had done some great work by installing forum software, and people would come flocking to it. Get a clue, web authors are a dime a dozen. It takes business sense to run a successful web site. The fact that you spent your time on the web site tells me right off the bat you do not have business sense.

good luck on your next venture.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bogstandard View Post
    If you want to see a site that is dedicated to sharing things, including all of his own designed plans then look at Jan Ridders site.

http://heetgasmodelbouw.ridders.nu/i...ks_english.htm

This true gentleman shares everything, and only if you ask for one of his great plans is there any mention of a voluntary donation to help keep his site going. But as I said, it is voluntary, NOT forced upon you.

I know of dozens of sites like this, where people share with no thought of making profits, and everything is kept to donations only or totally free.

I hate seeing people starting up a website, and who then start to sell basic model plans STOLEN from other peoples work, who have usually made them available for free on the net.

I spend many of my freetime hours writing up posts, showing how to make things and also designing engines and tooling, making them free to download or see, for anyone who wants them. My time is worth a lot more than it costs to run a website, and I wouldn't even consider charging anyone for the help I give them.

http://madmodder.net/

Bogs
    Completely true, and thank you very, very much, Bogs, for all of the information you've provided to myself and others.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks,

But I don't do it for praise. It is all to do will preserving a tradition.

Home machinists (and even industrial full time ones) are a dying breed, whether CNC or manual, and it should be up to the people with even a basic knowledge to pass it on to the following generations.
    Each tiny contribution, given freely, be it from a newbie or the more experienced, all adds up to a lot of information that can be accessed by one and all.

If just one tiny piece of information that I have posted strikes a spark and gets one more person interested in what we do, then all my efforts have been worthwhile.

Give freely and expect nothing in return.

Bogs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, I am a beginner machinist, and it is a passion that I am allowing to take over my life, lol. I collect blueprints of engines, locomotives, and engine accessories. I appreiciete any help I get with free plans, and I don't have a problem donating to a site when asked. I agree with all of you who posted to this effect, and I feel that a mandatory fee for work that showcases something done by someone else is wrong. I am working on building my own engine collection and wouldn't feel right charging for plans that I didn't design. Thank you all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shadow3621 View Post
    Hello all, I am a beginner machinist, and it is a passion that I am allowing to take over my life, lol. I collect blueprints of engines, locomotives, and engine accessories. I appreiciete any help I get with free plans, and I don't have a problem donating to a site when asked. I agree with all of you who posted to this effect, and I feel that a mandatory fee for work that showcases something done by someone else is wrong. I am working on building my own engine collection and wouldn't feel right charging for plans that I didn't design. Thank you all.
    Ha, I know what you mean about it taking over. At first I worried about doing this stuff at home, after spending all day doing it at work.... but the relaxed pace and ability to choose my own projects makes it a great hobby.

Have you looked at the Home Model Engine Machinist forum? http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/
    It's full of helpful people, ideas, and plans, with a very laid-back atmosphere.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lol, that is and isn't what I meant. I am quitting my job as a truck driver to be an apprentice machinist within the next couple of months. I figure that I am 36 years old and young enough to do it with time to spare.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, thanks. Just pull the teaser. I don't care about paying one way or another, but I sure hate going thru the crap of registering then finding out what I want isn't there.............

Or put your site up WITH A FEE so the rest of us can download for God's sake. Crybabies are everywhere.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have TWICE the time and number of plans that you put into your site and I don't even try to make advertising money out of it. It has always been free and will always be free and BECAUSE I AM NOT DUMB it costs me NOTHING to have it online.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Copyright-free-aircraft-plans

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Oh and BTW

I am not there yet but I am well on the way to having that 5000 member forum..........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very well put BogS

Iv found n end of the plans that i wan and all free from various ME forums and groups on the net I do not mind a volentary contrabution at all Its when its a forced contrabution i get pi***ed at As you say some one did the plans originally and shurly they should get any profits that are made from them. I myself have a site where i put my photos of various events that i attend and there is also a forum on the site The photo i take can be downloaded in the form i put them on at but can also be purchased for the price it costs me to have enlargments done plus the postage. I dont sell many at all but thats not why i do it The reason is that i like doing it and if i did not sell any that would be ok. We take on these tasks because we like doing it and not because we want to get rich quick.. I liked what he put about wanting 5000 members at $12 mm that $6000 Not a bad eturn is it and as for spending 400 hours at it he must understand what he is doing as it takes me a hell of a lot less time and im uploading loads of photos per week on a regular basis so im unsure where you can spend this much time. I also spend time as a mod on a few other Astonomy sites And even then with modding and replying as well as taking part in then it still is only a couple of hours a week total???

Anything you want is out there for nothing but you always have those that will try and charge you for it Most of you know it happens Its just the unfortunate few that cannot find what they are looking for so end up bein causgh in these fly trap is it not. And unfortunately its the older end of the users thet are unfamiliar with the internet and can possibly also not afford much but this does not deterre the unscupercilious people does it.

QUOTE=bogstandard;666664]If you want to see a site that is dedicated to sharing things, including all of his own designed plans then look at Jan Riddes site.

Welkom bij Jan Ridders modelbouw

osh

MadModder - Index

Bogs[/QUOTE]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wow

1.....5000 x 12 = 6000??!?!!??
    5000 x 12 = $60,000.00

2.....it is called "spellcheck" please use it. Otherwize you look pretty dumb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast