SprutCAM Videos - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SprutCAM Videos

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SprutCAM Videos

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I find as mentioned here there is some sort of conflicting setting and I always keep reviewing settings and changes or delete and start over with new operations until the problem is fixed. From what I see some of the safe plane and transition options and settings have some sort of hidden error in the data or input field. One error I see all the time is the tool number and length corrector can show correct setting in tool window but have different numbers showing on lower left tool data tab.

They still have not fixed that? wow I run into this 10 seconds after update. Mentioned it to tormach and they sent me video on how to not locate part in mill table. little giggle because I never had that problem from day one when I started learning this program couple years ago and I use full fixtures, machine is visible for all parts on all operations on all offsets on all sides right down to works stops and tool holders. I try to use the cam tool to its fullest and I can say it has saved me with less tool damage and I don't ever mill AIR

I have avoided online updates as they have caused me problems in the past and still run only the oem disk release. Wish I could keep updated with out fear of major problems or new and different errors or quirks to work around.

edit : might be brave someday
    They had it fixed right after I noticed it. For whatever reason it just popped up again. I personally would have probably sent a video on the table as well. That was extremely annoying lol. Otherwise my experience with Tormach has been outstanding. Jake and Jason seem to know what they are doing. As far as the updates, i would give it a shot. I have had no issues outside of losing a machine definition or two every once in awhile but thats worth it for the features you get. They keep adding stuff into it. SprutCAM has came a looooonnnng ways.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    They had it fixed right after I noticed it. For whatever reason it just popped up again. I personally would have probably sent a video on the table as well. That was extremely annoying lol. Otherwise my experience with Tormach has been outstanding. Jake and Jason seem to know what they are doing. As far as the updates, i would give it a shot. I have had no issues outside of losing a machine definition or two every once in awhile but thats worth it for the features you get. They keep adding stuff into it. SprutCAM has came a looooonnnng ways.
    I agree The ALL the people at tormach are awesome. I give em a jab now and then and its mostly from my frustration. Didn't like the fact they changed the tormach post and did not tell end users! Could have caused machine or tool damage and I don't like to crash my mill, that's all. As for the other silly stuff I see I can mostly work with this program well and to date Tormach has provided very little support other then noted above on the post change. Problem with updates is my virus software has gone crazy in past and also lost all kinds of things like digital media rights and other possible problems. I don't think it was virus but it spooked me and caused a little work and some revision of my software stack. I understand my computer system well and wanted to use it and not chase problems so I kind of locked it for right now. I need to do complete software stack rebuild on this workstation it has been running for 4 years now. rare I let it go more then a year and its all fresh installs for o.s. on up and I think this would help me control and trust a little more. Lots of work setting on ass doing updates and loading software and configuration. No fun besides I need to also upgrade workstation boards to add some more power. oh well, I like using sprut and my mill more then building/ fixing putters. I learn more every time I use sprut and just getting to where I can do real cool 4th axis work not just indexed milling.

Anyway I will look at upgrading. I do watch all the videos on net and see some of the changes that I don't have.
    And again thanks for putting some videos on this program there is so much to it and learn and what I do is simple and Jake, Jason have 10x my skill ...lol I don't have a lathe even so I have little experience there and all the other big dollar machines I see listed that software runs.

Downloads
    Uploads

MD - The lathe can give you a whole new set of frustrations not to mention ways to crash your tools. It is pretty cool to watch the turret simulate during tool changes, though. I don't think Fusion360/HSMWorks can match that yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    MD - The lathe can give you a whole new set of frustrations not to mention ways to crash your tools. It is pretty cool to watch the turret simulate during tool changes, though. I don't think Fusion360/HSMWorks can match that yet.
    Some day on the lathe!

I get bit now and then and try to be so careful. Like 2d contour for some reason locks to some value and ignores the top and bottom planes that are set. And it does it when you do simple things like change order of operations or delete an operation that has nothing to do with the 2d contour op. Come so close to milling a collet the other day and was lucky I only ruined the part and not the collet and the tool. Working with hard metals it takes time to even prep and size stock for the part yet alone mill it wrong.

I have finished the video,

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, just watched it, but need to go back and take a more careful look. There's a lot of useful info in there!

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey looks like SprutCam likes your videos. The thread mill video is embedded in the SC10 splash screen.

Should start pumping more out this week. I apologize as I was out of town and I also upgraded to a newer PC so I'm getting that all set up. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

I, for one, am looking forward to the new ones. Thanks for making them.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

I am so glad to see the new videos are coming out.
    To add to your list of subjects;
    Different ways/approaches to engraving in sc and using the engraving functions.
    Thanks so much

I, for one, am looking forward to the new ones. Thanks for making them.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    I am so glad to see the new videos are coming out.
    To add to your list of subjects;
    Different ways/approaches to engraving in sc and using the engraving functions.
    Thanks so much
    I will add it to the list, thanks!

Also,

Fixture plate setup here,

Downloads
    Uploads

More good stuff - thanks!

Here are a couple applications regarding the Morph Operation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another good video - thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love the videos! Please keep them coming, I need all the help I can get

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12