sprutcam 9 "smart cut" feed, anyone uses this?

Thread: sprutcam 9 "smart cut" feed, anyone uses this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default sprutcam 9 "smart cut" feed, anyone uses this?

i've used this option for 4 years on sprutcam8 pcnc post and haven't had a single issue, maybe 100 programs, all run exactly as programmed, just recently upgraded to sprutcam9 all post and now i'm having issues.

anyone else running smart cut feed or are you guys just editing values in the individual drop downs: work feed, cut feed, plunge feed, approach feed etc etc etc

thanks guys

Carlos

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: sprutcam 9 "smart cut" feed, anyone uses this?

no one???????

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TPR View Post
    i've used this option for 4 years on sprutcam8 pcnc post and haven't had a single issue, maybe 100 programs, all run exactly as programmed, just recently upgraded to sprutcam9 all post and now i'm having issues.

anyone else running smart cut feed or are you guys just editing values in the individual drop downs: work feed, cut feed, plunge feed, approach feed etc etc etc

thanks guys

Carlos
    I use sprut 7 which has this for an option, I have never used it though, I specify a feed rate, I have gotten used to doing it that way.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

I used it a few times and reviewed the code generated. Did not fully understand how this is implemented in the post processor and that is the key to every setting in sprutcam. Not every setting results in code generated or correct code generated, the post is everything when it comes to results. As I mentioned in another thread about tap functions have no less then 50 different setting and no less then 30 of them generate NO code no matter how they are set. About all I can say is experiment with settings and review what code is generated until you get what you want

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys, it was a bug in SC9, they have now fixed it, and release a new version with the fix.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guys, it was a bug in SC9, they have now fixed it, and release a new version with the fix.
    So what is the secret here?
    What is difference in feed settings generated in code?
    I would like to use all those settings and find they don't do much with the code generated.
    Does it do any of this based on material hardness? It has table for this but I find no way to make it all work.
    Any comments would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads

smartcut just gives you 1 location to set feed speed, plunge speed and retract speed in one place instead of flipping thru different drop downs.

that's really all it does as far as I know. i've always used it in SC8 pcnc post with ZERO issues and when I upgraded to SC9 all post, it was doing some silly stuff, like trying to plunge at 50 IPM instead of 5 IPM like I programmed, John and Jacob at tormach identified the issue and worked with sprutcam to fix the bug.

we are now smart cut feeding and business as usual, thanks guys (John and Jacob)

Downloads
    Uploads

and the problem is back...... lol

Downloads
    Uploads

and the problem is back...... lol
    lol

That is a major frustration of Sprutcam. All the fancy features it has for operations are not part of the post for tormach. Just this last week I spent hours of research and setting up variable depth pecking operations on a number of parts I was having problem with. Only to figure out that those settings like so many others do nothing but look good in a simulator they translate to no code at the machine. And or broken tools and spoiled parts.

Wish they would provide a guide showing all the settings that translate into nothing so users don't waste time. Glad I don't use Sprutcam to make a living.

Downloads
    Uploads

AND THE ISSUE IS BACK AGAIN, SO IT SEEMS LIKE EVERY 2 YEARS THIS ****ING ISSUE RAISES ITS DAMN HEAD.