Post processor error: Error interpretations SPP file

Thread: Post processor error: Error interpretations SPP file

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Post processor error: Error interpretations SPP file

I have no clue what this means. It's my first post-processing attempt.

Screen shot attached. Simple operation drilling three holes.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post processor error:  Error interpretations SPP file-screenshot-2014-11-10-23-11-03-a   Post processor error:  Error interpretations SPP file-screenshot-2014-11-10-23-03-53-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Post processor error: Error interpretations SPP file

This was my first email to tech support
    I was told they are working on it! . I checked all the code and it does not effect G code generated for a tormach, cant say this for other machines. Anyway I was told not to worry . But to be clear I don't like programs that do things like this. I do understand the complexity of software development and at least they have error handling procedures in place. Programs can have errors like this and not even tell anyone or handle it causing all sorts of other problems, so this is acceptable now and then. Just an educated guess it has something to do with the install program and how it registers the program parts and not the program itself.
    md

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Just an educated guess it has something to do with the install program and how it registers the program parts and not the program itself
    Are you sure about that???

It's not clear to me which post processor version you're using but the post processor subroutine "OutToolList" appears to have an overrun problem. If you have the all posts version you might try adding the "-1" as shown in the following code:

sub OutToolList
    i: Integer
    j: Integer
    k: Integer;
    ToolNumber : Integer;
    ToolComment : String;
    ToolDiam : Real;
    OpComment : String;
    ss, ss2 : String;
    output ""

for i = 0 to CldFile.FileCount-1 do begin

Check out the CLDFile post processor help.
    Step

Edit: or just wait for Tormach to provide a new post. As far as I can see it appears to be disconcerting but without any further consequences.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The issue is that when SprutCAM created SprutCAM 9 they changed some of the variable names that used to output tool and opp information. I am sure Tormach will get the mill post corrected. It will not have an effect on the g-code, that has been well tested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MyPCNC View Post
    The issue is that when SprutCAM created SprutCAM 9 they changed some of the variable names that used to output tool and opp information. I am sure Tormach will get the mill post corrected. It will not have an effect on the g-code, that has been well tested.
    So which variable names have been changed and which is responsible for this error message???
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
    Are you sure about that???

It's not clear to me which post processor version you're using but the post processor subroutine "OutToolList" appears to have an overrun problem. If you have the all posts version you might try adding the "-1" as shown in the following code:

sub OutToolList
    i: Integer
    j: Integer
    k: Integer;
    ToolNumber : Integer;
    ToolComment : String;
    ToolDiam : Real;
    OpComment : String;
    ss, ss2 : String;
    output ""

for i = 0 to CldFile.FileCount-1 do begin

Check out the CLDFile post processor help.
    Step

Edit: or just wait for Tormach to provide a new post. As far as I can see it appears to be disconcerting but without any further consequences.
    Post process generator for sprut 9 does not execute and I get an error in Russian, what kind of problem is this?
    I have the limited tormach post not all post, is this a factor in what is installed or what programs I have access to?
    What do you recommend I do?
    Thanks for help with this problem.
    md

md

Downloads
    Uploads

I used the All Post version of SC 9 yesterday to mill some simple disks out of plastic sheet and the program ran fine even though it threw the same error message depicted above when the post-processor was run.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    Post process generator for sprut 9 does not execute and I get an error in Russian, what kind of problem is this?
    I have the limited tormach post not all post, is this a factor in what is installed or what programs I have access to?
    What do you recommend I do?
    Thanks for help with this problem.
    I've never used the restricted Tormach post version but its name would suggest that Tormach/Sprut only want you to use the posts provided by Tormach. Allowing you to edit posts would otherwise enable you to bypass this restriction so I presume the editor would be locked for this reason.
    I just checked both Sprut 7 and 8 with the corresponding posts and they also suffer from the same issue. All 3 versions (7, 8 and 9) handle this problem gracefully by exiting the loop and continuing with the remainder of the processing, but only Sprut 9 displays the warning dialog. It looks like they have simply improved the error handling. In which case, if you can't modify the post I'd just acknowledge this message and wait until Tormach provides an update. Be sure not to simply acknowledge any other warnings - they might have more significant consequences.
    Step