Help with Huanyang HY02D223B - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Huanyang HY02D223B

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Hi Marcos,
    However, if anyone else, reading this thread, can tell me what to put in the water to keep it from growing strange cultures, I would really appreciate it. I have tried bleach but after a time it still manages to grow things

Mike
    I have a 2.2Kw spindle but have not hooked it up yet. I am thinking of using DI water, or add some car radiator anti-freeze to tap water.

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't had any problems with my water bucket growing things, but I'm sure it's on the horizon. A little bleach has always worked well for my humidifiers, and I believe there are anti-bacterial additives sold for these purposes (humidifiers, CPU coolers, etc). Anyone have any experience with this? A reasonably well sealed system and a little bit of bleach seems like it should be enough.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,

I too have a water cooled 2.2 KW spindle with an inverter (Chinese made)
    I purchased it on eBay for $500 USD + $50 USD shipping to Australia (I made an offer and he accepted) I opted to go with this guy as he claimed that his spindles uses German made bearings which last up to 3 times longer than the competitors, not sure if there is any substance to his claims but he sold me on that (love-happyshopping [sm-member@ebay.com])
    First I got the spindle but no inverter!! I thought I got ripped off, however the guy admitted to the mistake and sent me the inverter a week later, but there was no instructions at all, a tiny little slip inside the inverter the size of a cigarette paper with Chinese writing on it and that’s all, if it wasn’t for the help I got form you guys and other threads on this site I would have pulled my hair out by now (special thanks to Allyd1964 enormous help!!!)

The unit is solid and looks half decently made, the inverter is quite advanced and requires initial setup to get thing going smoothly (it definitively wasn’t a plug and play form me, perhaps others had easier beginnings) but I’m highly optimistic that this spindle represents good value for money.

I found that changing the PD004 and PD005 to 400 HZ (on the inverter) was the key to smooth motor running (before the motor would run roughly, very slowly for 3 or 4 seconds, make a chopping noise, stop and generate an error message)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, my 1st post to here, i also want to be purchase 1.5kw spindle but china basic biding site, same unit same spindle is cheaped than ebay, I decide where to purchase, because on ebay both vendor also import china product to sell but the price is 50% more than purchase on china, so still listen in here, thanks a lot

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anybody figured out what pin on the terminal represents P24 (+12VDC) for driving the FOR, REV, inputs? It's in the doc/diagram, but not labled on my terminal strip. I'm hesitant to start poking around with a multimeter...

Thanks, Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve,

Can't say for sure but looking at the manual, it looks like terminal DCM is the 12v supply for three purposes, EV, IPV and P24. No idea what these mean though! As the green terminal blocks are all for control, they should all be low voltage so there should not be a problem in putting a meter accross DCM and Ground.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, thanks for the pointer. There is a nice little diagram in the manual (I need to RTFM). I also discovered that I had to set PD001 to 1 to enable switch control of the spindle. Working great now!

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Brilliant, glad to be of some assistance.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stevespo View Post
    Mike, thanks for the pointer. There is a nice little diagram in the manual (I need to RTFM). I also discovered that I had to set PD001 to 1 to enable switch control of the spindle. Working great now!

Steve
    Steve, you seems to have control of the spindle from MACH 3. Can you please post your setup?

Downloads
    Uploads

The only spindle control I have is forward on/off via a relay built into my break out board. The setup is pretty simple. The FOR terminal on the VFD provides 24VDC, so you run a 2 lead signal wire from the VFD (connected to FOR and DCM/common) to the relay. I used shielded wire because I had extra from my limits. The documentation (.doc and .pdf) for the VFD has a couple of simple wiring diagrams for FOR/REV/DCM (look under PD044-PD049, about 1/2 way into the doc).

If you're using Mach, setup a "Ports and Pins" output to controlling the relay. I think I used pin 16 or possibly 18. I can grab those settings tomorrow or Tuesday when I'm back in the shop.

There are a couple of settings on the VFD that are useful. The first is actually necessary, so make sure to set PD001=1 to enable switch control of the spindle. Set PD014/PD015 to set the acceleration/deceleration times if desired. Set PD023=0 to disable reverse rotation, if desired.

Make sure you configure Mach to wait the accel/decel time before it starts cutting. This gives the spindle enough time to get up to full speed. I believe this is found under Ports and Pins/Spindle Setup. I'll check.

Someday I'll get a board to manage the actual speed control, but I generally tend to run it at full speed and I'm finding it VERY useful to just have the on/off via software control. The few times when I run slower (hole drilling), I just set it manually.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Steve, looks like we are on a similar time frame for getting these drives sorted. I got mine hooked up to a DIGI-SPEED 06 controller today. I've ran into problems though, (1) The DIGI-speed controller max's out at 8.5v not 10v (2) once I had changed the VFD to external control and fired up the spindle through M03 in mach it only spun at 1300 rpm when I had called up 15000rpm. Problem #1 is a hardware issue I think and will be contacting Homen designs this week, #2 has got me crosseyed. Did you have any issues like this when you first fired yours with external control.

1st edit. Ahhh, I just re-read your post and you haven't gain "speed" control yet. Yes getting Mach to turn on the spindle is relatively easy (rtfm...LOL). I fitted a speed controller from Homen designs, it converts step pulse train into analogue 0-10v using the 10v supply from the drive. Effectively it is a electronic pot which is controlled via mach. My problems are getting the motor to run at the correct speed, it's out by a factor of 10.

Ok, 2nd edit. To gain control of spindle speed via Mach PD072 must be set from 50hz to 400hz. My cross eyes are no more except I can't get more than 8.5v from the speed controller which means my top speed is somewhere around 20000rpm. This is ok for me as alot of work I want to do will be in alum. But I now have Mach controlling speeds via M3. Now to rewire the beast into somthing more appealing than a bunch of wires.

Last edited by Allyd1964; 06-01-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Late nights, too much CNC time

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great going Allyd1964,

You got a schematic or more detailed notes that you can share in a single post.
    I just bought the DG03 instead of the DG06.
    Peter homann believes it's the same thing, just controlled differently of course and the suggestion is that the PWM may be less sensitive to external noise.

PS: You coming to the CNC BBQ next month?

/M

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mikie, I'll try my best to get it all into readable format with some piccy's. I have been in contact this week with Peter and he is sending me across a 12vdc/dc chip that will plug in to my DS06 and should sort out the voltage problem.

I would love to get to the CNC BBQ in Melbourne but time is against me. Maybe the next one.

cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys

I'm also in the Huanyang club (hopefully getting my 2.2kw next week). I downloaded the manual posted here but it is missing the back section on troubleshooting and fault codes... anybody have for page 70 onwards?

Doing some light reading before the unit gets here so i know how to fire it up without putting it ON fire.

Cheers

Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Help is at hand

Quote Originally Posted by mhasting2004 View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm also in the Huanyang club (hopefully getting my 2.2kw next week). I downloaded the manual posted here but it is missing the back section on troubleshooting and fault codes... anybody have for page 70 onwards?

Doing some light reading before the unit gets here so i know how to fire it up without putting it ON fire.

Cheers

Mark
    Hi Mark, I haven't got the manual in front of me atm but they do run straight out of the box, from there you tweak the factory settings to get it optimized. If you have the aircooled motor I recommend you tweak the settings first. I think we all trying to reach that best optimization point, the only setting that has got me borked is the rpm setting at 50Hz. From the factory it's set at 1440rpm, I have read it should set at 3000rpm but I have set mine at 2880rpm, this seems to work. Confusing as hell considering it refers to name plate which is not there.

Where in Aus are you based?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Allyd

I'm just outside of Gosford NSW but work in Sydney.

The unit I'm getting is a 2.2kw water cooled one. I'm a bit of an old school techie and don't a.s.s.u.m.e anything so I'll be checking all the parameters in the VFD prior to hitting the run button. Been burnt in the past with the she should be right approach.

There are a couple of VFD guru sparkies here at work so I'll be picking their brains as well.

The two things that I plan on doing slightly differently than most have posted around, is to try braking resistors to make it stop fast and also get comms with the unit via RS485. The 0-10vdc analog approach seems like a poor way of doing the control if you can talk directly. I'm getting short of outputs anyway so using a usb to rs485 means I will need 2 usb ports (running a Smooth Stepper).

Cheers

Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, just to follow up your request for page 70 onwards, my copy which is the one Stevespo has posted for DL only goes to page 70

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've just given the manual to a workmate who's girlfriend is Chinese.... stay tuned.

I'm still struggling to get the braking resistor to work.... pretty sure its a parameter I'm missing like over torque to get the resistor to be switched into circuit.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by mhasting2004; 06-11-2009 at 06:07 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not to steal people off this forum but I've posted heaps of stuff about my barious experiments with setting up this drive over here :
    http://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...533#post973533
    and I'd rather not double post.
    Cheers

Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting the old "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." error, seems you need to be a member to view the information you posted

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast