Need Help! Does anyone know how to disassemble Columbo Spindle?

Thread: Does anyone know how to disassemble Columbo Spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Does anyone know how to disassemble Columbo Spindle?

Hello. I have a shosabre 4896 from the year 2008. My spindle locked up after turning it off. I just had warmed it up because tool changer was sticking after being stored. I put wd-40 in the cooling airline as per shopsabre and that did not work (did it a few times). I decided to warm it up and see if heat expansion might free it. no luck, but when I tried to run it later that day it was locked up. The unit was rebuilt with ceramic bearings 12 years ago but was barely used since. Now I want to flatten slabs slabs and to carve3d images into wood. I no longer use it for commercial cabinet work and I'm teaching my son to use it in our lumber business. I had to quite cabinet making do to back problems. The previous re-build was done by columbo in NC, I'm just staring back up in business and funds are tight, so i plan to install new bearing myself with help from a local machinist. My right now is I'm not sure how the upper cap come off in order for the spindle to come out of the casing. I don't want to damage it any further so I thought I might seek help here in the forum. I'm sure somebody here has tried this. I'm not sure of the model as the tag only has a serial number. I'll post a pic of the tag.