Need Help! Spindle doesn't orient

Thread: Spindle doesn't orient

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Spindle doesn't orient

Hello, I've got a Johnsford SVH-1000 with Fanuc18i-MB controller. I enter in M06T7 and the spindle moves to the correct position but just keeps spinning.

Will run indefinitely with no errors.

It seems like it's trying to orient itself but can't find it.

I've looked at the 4077 and 4031 parameters and there are values of 1705 and 140 respectively.

The ATC has not been used in about a year and it wasn't until yesterday that I tried to get it going again.

I can tell you that the last maintenance guy changed a parameter or PLC function bit or PLC timer to make the machine ignore or skip tool change commands or maybe even a physical switch, plug.

In that time it has had a new spindle installed as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by BiglyBigZ; 02-23-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BiglyBigZ View Post
    Hello, I've got a Johnsford SVH-1000 with Fanuc18i-MB controller. I enter in M06T7 and the spindle moves to the correct position but just keeps spinning.

Will run indefinitely with no errors.

It seems like it's trying to orient itself but can't find it.

I've looked at the 4077 and 4031 parameters and there are values of 1705 and 140 respectively.

The ATC has not been used in about a year and it wasn't until yesterday that I tried to get it going again.

I can tell you that the last maintenance guy changed a parameter or PLC function bit or PLC timer to make the machine ignore or skip tool change commands or maybe even a physical switch, plug.

In that time it has had a new spindle installed as well. Any help would be appreciated.
    In MDI try M5 (or M5 S0).... Does the spindle stop.
    Then try M19 (M19 S0).... Mark where it stops and try running the spindle and program M19 a number of times. Does the spindle orient to the same position?

M6 tool change macro contains M19 to orient the spindle.

There's a orientation magnet on the spindle, maybe on your new spindle it's missing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle doesn't orient

Thanks for tips, The spindle does not stop with M5 S0 or M19 S 0.

The new spindle is a Weiss 2200. I'm on the lookout for schematics from the supplier of the spindle or is verification of the magnet install pretty straight forward as in look and see?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BiglyBigZ View Post
    Thanks for tips, The spindle does not stop with M5 S0 or M19 S 0.

The new spindle is a Weiss 2200. I'm on the lookout for schematics from the supplier of the spindle or is verification of the magnet install pretty straight forward as in look and see?
    Ok M19 I can understand, but M5 ?

With M5 it should just stop anywhere it doesn't usually need the magnet unless the plc demands it stops in the orientation position.

On the drive there is an enable signal input, often via a relay, output controlled by the PLC.
    The input wire has 24vdc and 0vdc to start and stop the spindle motor.

I don't think the tool change has anything to do with this issue, it could be a defective enable relay not switching to change state, or a problem with the drive control card. Or the zero position magnet if needed for both M5 and M19 or it's connection.

Last edited by servtech; 02-24-2023 at 06:24 PM.