Need Help! VFD Potentionometer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFD Potentionometer

Downloads
    Uploads

Question VFD Potentionometer

Hello All,

Setting up my inverter on my Bridgeport, I have a Teco A510 inverter and just installed a potentionmeter for speed control. I've got it wired up to +10V, GND and the AI1 terminal for the wiper. I adjusted the 00-04 and 00-05 parameters, are there any other paramerters I need to set? I Depress the Run Button, I get a fault on the Teco display STP0 Zero Speed Stop, Spindle does not come on, what parameters am I missing?

Thanks in advance and taking the time to read.
    Mark

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seapacer2 View Post
    Hello All,

Setting up my inverter on my Bridgeport, I have a Teco A510 inverter and just installed a potentionmeter for speed control. I've got it wired up to +10V, GND and the AI1 terminal for the wiper. I adjusted the 00-04 and 00-05 parameters, are there any other paramerters I need to set? I Depress the Run Button, I get a fault on the Teco display STP0 Zero Speed Stop, Spindle does not come on, what parameters am I missing?

Mark
    Your potentiometer should give an analogue input of 0 to 10vdc to the inverter. With a voltage of 5vdc and the drive enable signal, the spindle should run at around half speed. 10vdc is max speed.

Check you have both at the inverter inputs in the correct terminals.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 01-16-2023 at 11:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD Potentionometer

Hello All,

Mark
    Have you used a 20K Pot ??

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Your wiring is correct, you may need to Twist the wires if it is not shielded

Did you run the VFD Drive and spindle motor before you changed the Parameters??

00-05=0 (for Keypad)

04-00=1 (this may need to be 0 also)

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Yes, everything worked perfectly before. Here is my fault. VFD Potentionometer-teco-a510-fault_20230117-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Potentionometer-teco-a510-fault_20230117-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Yes, everything worked perfectly before. Here is my fault.
    And if you remove the Pot, does it still do the same thing,

Do you have a complete list of Parameters you set.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Yes, I removed the potentiometer wiring from the VFD, everything is good. These are the parameters that I adjusted:
    • 00-05 from default 0 to 1
    • 04-00 kept value at default 1
    • 05-01 to 05-11 set values from 0 to 60hz.

VFD Potentionometer-vfd-fault_20230117-jpg

Thanks, Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Potentionometer-vfd-fault_20230117-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Yes, I removed the potentiometer wiring from the VFD, everything is good. These are the parameters that I adjusted:
    • 00-05 from default 0 to 1
    • 04-00 kept value at default 1
    • 05-01 to 05-11 set values from 0 to 60hz.

VFD Potentionometer-vfd-fault_20230117-jpg

Thanks, Mark
    Those Parameters have nothing to do with what you wanted to do 05-01 to 05-11 need to be left at Default

Here is a list of Parameters, some adjustments may be needed

00-02=1 (KeyPad=0)

00.03=0

00-05=1

00-06=2

00-07=0

00-08=80 (May be able to go to 100)

00-13=20

00-14=8 (Adjustable)

00-15=10 (Adjustable)

01-02=80 (May be able to go to 100 Max)

01-03=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage)

01-08=20

01-12=80 (May be able to go to 100 max)

01-13=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage)

01-14=240

02-02= (Motor RPM)

02-04=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage)

02-05= (Motor KW)

02-06=60

04.00=0 (May be 1 also for 0-10v)

17-00=0

17-01= (Motor KW Rating)

17-02= (Motor Amp Rating)

17-03=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage)

17-04=60

17-05= (Motor RPM)

17-10=1 (You add (1) once you have set all these Parameters this will then Auto Tune and fill in any other Parameters that your motor needs)

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I will go home tonight and double check all the parameters, and let you know.

Thanks,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I set all the parameters as recommended, with the exception of the of 01-03=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage), my motor is rated at 220/230 so I set the value at 220 or should I have set it at 240? After tuning, spindle now comes on and spins, it doesn't come to top speed and only stays at a low speed. Pot never changes the speed of the motor. I utilized a 5K Pot.

Thanks,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I set all the parameters as recommended, with the exception of the of 01-03=240?? (Motor Rated Voltage), my motor is rated at 220/230 so I set the value at 220 or should I have set it at 240? After tuning, spindle now comes on and spins, it doesn't come to top speed and only stays at a low speed. Pot never changes the speed of the motor. I utilized a 5K Pot.

Thanks,
    Mark
    All the 240v with the ?? should be 220 then.

By the Manual the Pot should be 20K

We are close then.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I went back through the parameters to make sure I didn't miss anything, I did have an issue trying to set one (1) parameter, 00-08=80 (May be able to go to 100), the setting is 12, it would not let me change the value in the edit screen. No matter what button I pressed, it would not move the cursor to the value to edit. I run the the VFD in the SLV mode, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Attached the a screen shot why I utilized a 5K, do I need to increase the resistance of the Pot by installing a resistor? Will work on it again tonight once I get home.

Thanks,
    Mark
    VFD Potentionometer-5k-ohm-pot-schematic_20230118-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Potentionometer-5k-ohm-pot-schematic_20230118-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I went back through the parameters to make sure I didn't miss anything, I did have an issue trying to set one (1) parameter, 00-08=80 (May be able to go to 100), the setting is 12, it would not let me change the value in the edit screen. No matter what button I pressed, it would not move the cursor to the value to edit. I run the the VFD in the SLV mode, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Attached the a screen shot why I utilized a 5K, do I need to increase the resistance of the Pot by installing a resistor? Will work on it again tonight once I get home.

Thanks,
    Mark
    VFD Potentionometer-5k-ohm-pot-schematic_20230118-jpg
    No, by that diagram the 5k should be fine. I just saw 20K listed in one of the schematics, 5K makes more sense which is common for most VFD Drives.

Don't worry about the 00.08 Parameter just leave it at default.

00-03=1 (This may need to be 1)

00-06=1 (This may need to be 1 also)

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Back out in the garage tonight to try to figure this thing out after a long trip to South Florida. I tried the last set of parameters. Same results as yesterday, spindle does not run at full speed.

I double checked my wiring, 10V (Red) to the #3 terminal, GND (Blk) to my #1 terminal (Common) and the AI1(White) to the #2 Terminal (Wiper of Pot). What type of volatge should I be getting out the the VFD on the 10V terminal and GND? I have about 0.2V, What volatge should I be getting from the AI1 terminal, I'm getting about the same volts. Should I be checking volts at any other place?

VFD Potentionometer-general-wiring-schematic_20230118-jpgVFD Potentionometer-user-terminals_20230118-jpg

Thanks, Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Potentionometer-general-wiring-schematic_20230118-jpg   VFD Potentionometer-user-terminals_20230118-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Back out in the garage tonight to try to figure this thing out after a long trip to South Florida. I tried the last set of parameters. Same results as yesterday, spindle does not run at full speed.

I double checked my wiring, 10V (Red) to the #3 terminal, GND (Blk) to my #1 terminal (Common) and the AI1(White) to the #2 Terminal (Wiper of Pot). What type of volatge should I be getting out the the VFD on the 10V terminal and GND? I have about 0.2V, What volatge should I be getting from the AI1 terminal, I'm getting about the same volts. Should I be checking volts at any other place?

VFD Potentionometer-general-wiring-schematic_20230118-jpgVFD Potentionometer-user-terminals_20230118-jpg

Thanks, Mark
    I have the manual for this VFD Drive so will do some more checking.

Does the Pot do anything at all??

The +10v to Com / GND should read 10v the wiper will only read a voltage at the place it is set which say it is in the middle that would be 5v to Com / GND.

Something to check do the UP-Down Arrow Key change the speed.

Is the Dipswitch SW2=V ??

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Does the Pot do anything at all?? No

The +10v to Com / GND should read 10v the wiper will only read a voltage at the place it is set which say it is in the middle that would be 5v to Com / GND. I'm only getting 0.2V from the 10V to GND, I also checked from 24VDC TO GND and I have 23.98 on the DVOM, so I know the GND circuit is good. I thought I would see about 10V on the 10V terminal. On the AI1 and GND, I also on get 0.2V no matter the position of the Pot.

Something to check do the UP-Down Arrow Key change the speed. No

Is the Dipswitch SW2=V ?? I checked this, the dipswitch is set to V

Thanks, Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Does the Pot do anything at all?? No

The +10v to Com / GND should read 10v the wiper will only read a voltage at the place it is set which say it is in the middle that would be 5v to Com / GND. I'm only getting 0.2V from the 10V to GND, I also checked from 24VDC TO GND and I have 23.98 on the DVOM, so I know the GND circuit is good. I thought I would see about 10V on the 10V terminal. On the AI1 and GND, I also on get 0.2V no matter the position of the Pot.

Something to check do the UP-Down Arrow Key change the speed. No

Is the Dipswitch SW2=V ?? I checked this, the dipswitch is set to V

Thanks, Mark
    So, get a 9v Battery and connect that to the Pot, the same way as the VFD Drive connection, wiper Al1 and Com (GND) check the Pot before connecting to see if it is giving you a variable voltage from the wiper and 3 terminal of the Pot.

You could also use a 10v dc Power supply to try this.

The VFD Drives +10v should be working all the time, I don't think there is a Parameter that turns it 0n / 0ff I will check

Check this Parameter is 13-06=2 if not 2 set to 2 as this will allow you to set the Parameter that you could not set before.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like you may have to supply the +10v dc for those terminals to work, it does not say it is an output. the 24v is an output so you can measure it.

The wiring examples do not suggest that it is an input, it appears that it is though. so you can try that with the 9v battery just connect the + to the 10v+ and the Com to the pin 1 on the Pot the rest of the connection should be the same.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Potentionometer-10v-input-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54.

Added 9V power source, no change at all. Parameter 13-06, already at 2.

Do you think I should set everything back default and try running through the parameter setup again?

Thanks, Mark

QUOTE=mactec54;2537862]It looks like you may have to supply the +10v dc for those terminals to work, it does not say it is an output. the 24v is an output so you can measure it.

The wiring examples do not suggest that it is an input, it appears that it is though. so you can try that with the 9v battery just connect the + to the 10v+ and the Com to the pin 1 on the Pot the rest of the connection should be the same.[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54.

Added 9V power source, no change at all. Parameter 13-06, already at 2.

Do you think I should set everything back default and try running through the parameter setup again?

Thanks, Mark

QUOTE=mactec54;2537862]It looks like you may have to supply the +10v dc for those terminals to work, it does not say it is an output. the 24v is an output so you can measure it.

The wiring examples do not suggest that it is an input, it appears that it is though. so you can try that with the 9v battery just connect the + to the 10v+ and the Com to the pin 1 on the Pot the rest of the connection should be the same.
    Yes, you could try that as there may be something set incorrect with a Parameter somewhere, don't do the Auto tune. try it with the V/F mode and with the KeyPad first.

Normally this is quite easy to do, your VFD Drive is not the easiest to figure out.

Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast