Need Help! HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning

Quote Originally Posted by kosmostudio View Post
    Actually I can't run my spindle directly from the VFD, I can only start it through the Mach3 interface. Once I start it I can press the 'reset/stop' on the VFD and it tries to restart. Strangely enough the spindle started running again, the error message is gone on the VFD. It does look like it's only going to 10000 I can't adjust the speed up or down.
    The PWM 0-10v Analogue output from Mach3 is under 5v if you can only run at that speed, which you can measure to see what the output voltage is, you can't adjust the speed because it has not been setup correctly or is not working.

As I said your Parameters and or wiring is incorrect, if that can happen is not safe to use, if the VFD restarts after you press the Stop button then you have a wiring problem or Parameter setting problem, it means FWD and COM Terminals, are staying active and not disconnecting when you hit the Stop Button, this is very dangerous, to use like this as the spindle could start when you are changing a Cutter.

To disengage the Mach3 Remote connection you can just change 2 or 3 Parameters and you will have full KeyPad control, to do a real test, by the Parameters you listed the main speed Parameters are correct. whether you have the rest in place that is needed is up to you to find what other Parameters have been set.

Motor Parameters are important, you listed the b0.04=400 as being set so may be these others motor Parameters are set also??

b0.01=2.2Kw

b0.002=220

b0.03=9

b0.04=400

b0.05=24000

F0.02=0 (0r (3) For Pot Control)

F0.04=0 (0) For KeyPad control (1) for Remote Control)

F0.09=0 (0) For KeyPad Control (4) For Remote Control)

You are lucky that this VFD Drive is Robust and can take some punishment, but when it decides it's enough, it will fail if you don't correct its requirements.

If you change any Parameters Take Note of what the # is so you can go back if it does not work incorrectly.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The PWM 0-10v Analogue output from Mach3 is under 5v if you can only run at that speed, which you can measure to see what the output voltage is, you can't adjust the speed because it has not been setup correctly or is not working.

As I said your Parameters and or wiring is incorrect, if that can happen is not safe to use, if the VFD restarts after you press the Stop button then you have a wiring problem or Parameter setting problem, it means FWD and COM Terminals, are staying active and not disconnecting when you hit the Stop Button, this is very dangerous, to use like this as the spindle could start when you are changing a Cutter.

To disengage the Mach3 Remote connection you can just change 2 or 3 Parameters and you will have full KeyPad control, to do a real test, by the Parameters you listed the main speed Parameters are correct. whether you have the rest in place that is needed is up to you to find what other Parameters have been set.

Motor Parameters are important, you listed the b0.04=400 as being set so may be these others motor Parameters are set also??

b0.01=2.2Kw

b0.002=220

b0.03=9

b0.04=400

b0.05=14000

F0.02=0 (0r (3) For Pot Control)

F0.04=0 (0) For KeyPad control (1) for Remote Control)

F0.09=0 (0) For KeyPad Control (4) For Remote Control)

You are lucky that this VFD Drive is Robust and can take some punishment, but when it decides it's enough, it will fail if you don't correct its requirements.

If you change any Parameters Take Note of what the # is so you can go back if it does not work incorrectly.
    Hi Mactec54,

Thanks very much for the settings, can't find anything on the internet about the HuanYang P2 series or my particular model (P2A-2R2G20). I've had a look at my VFD device settings and they are as follows:

b0.01=2.2Kw

b0.002=220

b0.03=10

b0.04=400

b0.05=14000

F0.02=1

F0.04=1

F0.09=0

What does b0.03 control or do? How do the values 9 or 10 affect the device? Is this the configuration for the PWM 0-10v you mentioned?

What does F0.04 control?

What does F0.09 control?

What would the current value, '1' for F0.02 mean?

How can I measure the PWM voltage coming from Mach3?

Thanks for your help once again!

Downloads
    Uploads

Your 15A circuit is not enough to run your 2.2Kw spindle this needs a minimum of 25A your spindle is 3 phase 4 wires required, your input Power is single phase 3 wires required.

The max size you should be running on the 15A circuit is 1.5Kw spindle.

Don't ever just pull the plug, if your VFD is just plugged in, this must be turned off with a switch. if not, you can damage the VFD Drive which should be hard wired in with the rest of your machines power requirements.

You need 4 wire Cable shielded from your VFD Drive to your Spindle, the Ground connects to the same Ground as the input Power Ground does on the VFD Drive. a Green or Green / Yellow wire is all that can be used for Ground / Earth connection, wire color code is important.
    Hi Mactec54, You mentioned the VFD should be powered off with a switch, mine doesn't have a switch I turn it off by unplugging the VFD, do you know the points on the VFD I can attach a switch to? Would this need to be configured through the display controls?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54, You mentioned the VFD should be powered off with a switch, mine doesn't have a switch I turn it off by unplugging the VFD, do you know the points on the VFD I can attach a switch to? Would this need to be configured through the display controls?
    You must have a Switch at the wall or your control cabinet, that disconnects the Power, Plugging and Unplugging you only get so many goes at that and you damage the VFD Drive, this is not something that should be Plugged into anything they are supposed to be Hard wired.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Thanks very much for the settings, can't find anything on the internet about the HuanYang P2 series or my particular model (P2A-2R2G20). I've had a look at my VFD device settings and they are as follows:

b0.01=2.2Kw

b0.002=220

b0.03=10

b0.04=400

b0.05=14000

F0.02=1

F0.04=1

F0.09=0

What does b0.03 control or do? How do the values 9 or 10 affect the device? Is this the configuration for the PWM 0-10v you mentioned?

What does F0.04 control?

What does F0.09 control?

What would the current value, '1' for F0.02 mean?

How can I measure the PWM voltage coming from Mach3?

Thanks for your help once again!
    b0.03=9 this is the max Amps of your motor these Parameters need to be set correct, 10 is incorrect for your motor.

b0.05=24000 this must be changed to your motor specs 14000 is incorrect all Parameters must be set correct you don't get to choose any random number that you think will work.

F0.02=1 (1) is for Remote Control Connected to Mach3 (0) is For KeyPad Control (3) is for Pot and Keypad Control

F0.04=0 (0) is for KeyPad Control (1) is for Remote Control Connected to Mach3.

F0.09=0 also for KeyPad operation

How to check the 0-10v from Mach3 what Breakout Board you are using take a photo, from that I can tell you how to check the 0-10v .

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

b0.03=9 this is the max Amps of your motor these Parameters need to be set correct, 10 is incorrect for your motor.

b0.05=24000 this must be changed to your motor specs 14000 is incorrect all Parameters must be set correct you don't get to choose any random number that you think will work.

F0.02=1 (1) is for Remote Control Connected to Mach3 (0) is For KeyPad Control (3) is for Pot and Keypad Control

How to check the 0-10v from Mach3 what Breakout Board you are using take a photo, from that I can tell you how to check the 0-10v .
    Hi Mactech54,

So far I have changed; b0.03=9, b0.05=2400. I started a job this morning and noticed that although I have set the RPM in the job to 10000, on the VFD it's showing a value between 16900-17000. I was able to increase and decrease the speed of the spindle in Mach3 once the G-Code was running. I will configure the other values: F0.02, F0.04, next, just want to make sure my G-Code will still run once I've done this. 30 minutes into it the spindle cut out with the same as before error: EoCH.

Here's a photo of the Mach3 breakout board:
    HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning-img_7595-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HuanYang VFD / Zhong Hua Jiang 2.2kw Water Cooled Spindle Not Spinning-img_7595-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

I just had play with the F0.02 and F0.04 settings, I set both to 0 from 1.

I found that I could control the start stop from the VFD but on the VFD display the value went all the way up to 40000. I thought these are RPM's it is displaying and my spindle can only go to 24000?

I also found that I had no control from Mach3 UI once I set these values to 0. Spindle didn't turn when I ran the G-Code, so I don't think these settings are going to work for me. I also tried just changing one of the settings, F0.02 controls the speed, F0.04 controls starting and stopping. Once again changing to 0 means I can't control either one through Mach3.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

I just had play with the F0.02 and F0.04 settings, I set both to 0 from 1.

I found that I could control the start stop from the VFD but on the VFD display the value went all the way up to 40000. I thought these are RPM's it is displaying and my spindle can only go to 24000?

I also found that I had no control from Mach3 UI once I set these values to 0. Spindle didn't turn when I ran the G-Code, so I don't think these settings are going to work for me. I also tried just changing one of the settings, F0.02 controls the speed, F0.04 controls starting and stopping. Once again changing to 0 means I can't control either one through Mach3.
    Thats the whole idea is to get everything working correctly from the VFD Drive KeyPad this is normal practice / way to do it,, once you set to (0) then you only have Keypad control Mach3 has nothing to do with it. Once the spindle is running correctly from just the VFD Drive then you would connect it to Mach3 control, there is obvious a problem with wiring or the power suppling the VFD Drive for it to stop like it is.

That is the 400Hz display you are seeing; you need to change the screen mode to see the RPM.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats the whole idea is to get everything working correctly from the VFD Drive KeyPad this is normal practice / way to do it,, once you set to (0) then you only have Keypad control Mach3 has nothing to do with it. Once the spindle is running correctly from just the VFD Drive then you would connect it to Mach3 control, there is obvious a problem with wiring or the power suppling the VFD Drive for it to stop like it is.

That is the 400Hz display you are seeing; you need to change the screen mode to see the RPM.
    Hi Mactec54,

Sure, I can get the spindle to work using the VFD, goes up to 400hz. I'm not sure if my unit will show the RPM's. I did notice, while trying to change the display, that if I press 'shift', the screen changes to numbers between 279/280, then soon an error appears, EoCC. I then can't start the spindle. However if I hit start before the error appears then the value goes to 189 and spindle turns. This error only shows when I don't have the Hz light on. When I have the Hz light on I can start and stop the spindle no problem. The spindle seems to stop at some point of the job with error code EoCH. Are there any references to EoCC or EoCH in the manual?

Thanks for your patience and help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Sure, I can get the spindle to work using the VFD, goes up to 400hz. I'm not sure if my unit will show the RPM's. I did notice, while trying to change the display, that if I press 'shift', the screen changes to numbers between 279/280, then soon an error appears, EoCC. I then can't start the spindle. However if I hit start before the error appears then the value goes to 189 and spindle turns. This error only shows when I don't have the Hz light on. When I have the Hz light on I can start and stop the spindle no problem. The spindle seems to stop at some point of the job with error code EoCH. Are there any references to EoCC or EoCH in the manual?

Thanks for your patience and help!
    There is an EoCC this says it could be a bad connection of the control Board Connector, the other faults related to this can't be fixed without it being repaired by a Tec, so the drive may be damaged, if the Board connection does not solve the problem, you did many things wrong, so I'm surprised that it lasted this long.

To check the Board connection the VFD Drive will have to be taken apart, cleaned and put back together, there is no guarantee that this will fix it.

There is No EoCH

I think the cable from the VFD Drive to the Spindle is bad, the cable you have used is not suitable for VFD Drive use.

Parameters to set.

F0.05=8 Acceleration

F0.06=8 Deceleration

F0.07=8

F0.11=120

F0.12=2

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12