Delta MS300 - Please check my parameters.

Thread: Delta MS300 - Please check my parameters.

Default Delta MS300 - Please check my parameters.

I recently had a thread here where I was asking for help with a Huanyang Spindle/VFD. Everyone was very helpful. One thing that was mentioned was that 220V setup would be better. Mine was 110V.

Then a very generous person gave me a 220V Delta MS300 and someone else gave me enough romex wire to where I could run a 220V service. (Lucky!) So I just bought a 220V spindle.

Here is the spindle. (I can't afford a really good spindle but for a cheap one, it gets good reviews.

Delta MS300 - Please check my parameters.-220v-spindle-specs-jpg

I reset the Delta VFD to 60Hz default values. So I need to set up for this 400Hz spindle.

I am mostly stymied by the V/F curve. I wrote to the manufacturer and they literally told me that the default values of any VFD would work for the torque curve as long as I had the 400Hz set. That didn't seem right.

Automation Technologies published a list of parameters for this motor to be entered into the Huyanang VFD. I tried to cross reference these to the Delta settings. (Many of these are evidently not needed in the Delta Setup)

They list a minimum frequency of 20 and a minimum voltage of 8. They list a mid voltage of 15 and don't list a mid frequency at all.

If I do the math based off of the change from 8 to 15 it would seem logical that the mid frequency could be 37.5..

I have no idea if this is a valid method. Here is a link to the settings from AT.
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin.../vfds/kl-vfd22

So, based off of my cross reference, here are the settings I have come up with:

01-01 Output frequency of motor 1 - 400
    01-00 Max. operation frequency of motor - 400
    01-02 Output voltage of motor 1 - 220
    01-07 Min. output frequency of motor 1 - 20
    01-08 Min. output voltage of motor 1 - 8
    01-03 Mid-point frequency 1 of motor 1 37.5
    01-04 Mid-point voltage 1 of motor 1 - 15
    01-11 Output frequency lower limit - 100 (I think this will set the minimum RPM to 6000?? 24K/400 = 60 60x100 = 6000)
    05-01 Full-load current of induction motor 1 - 8
    05-02 Rated power of induction motor 1 - 2.2
    05-04 Pole number of induction motor 1 - 2

Another option, maybe? I do see that it appears that Delta does offer some pre-set options. I haven’t read that far yet but it seems like an option. Maybe?

Delta MS300 - Please check my parameters.-vf-jpg

This VFD can do so much more than I need and I have to sort through a lot.

Another thing that concerns me is that it shows parameters for multiple motors. At this point I haven’t come across how the control switching goes from one motor to a next… but I do know that you can set specific parameters for each motor. I hope I don’t manage to inadvertently tell the VFD to switch motors and destroy my spindle with settings that weren’t meant for it. I need to do a little more searching on this subject.

If I can get by with the settings above that would be great! If not, please direct me to where I am going wrong.

I have attached the manual for the Hyanyang VFD in case you want to reference the AT settings.

The Delta manual was too large to upload but here is a link. It is the MS300:
    https://downloadcenter.deltaww.com/e...&sort_dir=DESC

As always, I greatly appreciate the input!