VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

My 8 months old table cnc is working fine and includes Mach3, 4 stepper motors, 3 axis, C11G BOB and a Taig ER16 spindle driven by a 90VDC Sherline motor along with a KBIC VS controller. Have not been very happy with the Taig slow RPM so now I will install a new HY 1.5kw VFD along with a 0.8kw water cooled spindle.

The problem I have with the new addition is the wiring between the C11G BOB, the VFD and the 12VDC submersible water pump which I completed as per attached schematic but needs verification to correct possible mistakes I made. Here is the link for the C11G user’s manual (if link doesn’t work, copy/paste to your browser)

C11G - Multifunction CNC Board (cnc4pc.com)

In addition, can you tell me how to set the initial VFD parameters including the settings for the VFD jumpers located to the right of all VFD terminals?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-11-final-wiring-schematic-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

Finally got today my package from G-Penny, all is very good and the packing job excellent but there is a surprise inside. My order is for 1.5KW VFD Inverter and what I got is 2.2KW VFD Inverter. I just sent a note to G-Penny asking what to do and I’m very disappointed if I have to send back the Inverter for them too because it will be an expensive return which they have to pay.

Can someone tell me if I can use this inverter with my available line which is 110VAC, 15A ?

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-2-2kw-inverter-spindle-jpg   VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-2-2kw-inverter-jpg   VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-2-2kw-inverter-wrong-vfd-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    what does the nameplate of the inverter say? The sticker on the front says 110V 2.2kW, in which case you have got a better and bigger inverter than you paid for. It will certainly work.

The downside is that for the inverter to produce 2.2kW will require something like 40A from your 110V supply, which is likely to stress your supply if not pop the breaker outright.
    Given that you have only a 800W spindle however you'll be lucky to draw as much as 10A which your supply should handle easily.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Finally got today my package from G-Penny, all is very good and the packing job excellent but there is a surprise inside. My order is for 1.5KW VFD Inverter and what I got is 2.2KW VFD Inverter. I just sent a note to G-Penny asking what to do and I’m very disappointed if I have to send back the Inverter for them too because it will be an expensive return which they have to pay.

Can someone tell me if I can use this inverter with my available line which is 110VAC, 15A ?

Thank you
    As I said before quite often the VFD Drive, or the Spindle will be for 220v even though it is marked as 110v, these VFD Drive quite often don't pose a problem as long as the Parameters can be set, on some of the VFD Drives the power required Parameters can't be set, which is a problem

So, I will give you some Parameters to use, we will also treat it as 120v as that is what your supply is, I see you did not get a G-Penny Spindle it is BST which could be the same as a G-Penny, I guess they hunted to find you a 110v Spindle when you complained

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

My 8 months old table cnc is working fine and includes Mach3, 4 stepper motors, 3 axis, C11G BOB and a Taig ER16 spindle driven by a 90VDC Sherline motor along with a KBIC VS controller. Have not been very happy with the Taig slow RPM so now I will install a new HY 1.5kw VFD along with a 0.8kw water cooled spindle.

The problem I have with the new addition is the wiring between the C11G BOB, the VFD and the 12VDC submersible water pump which I completed as per attached schematic but needs verification to correct possible mistakes I made. Here is the link for the C11G user’s manual (if link doesn’t work, copy/paste to your browser)

C11G - Multifunction CNC Board (cnc4pc.com)

In addition, can you tell me how to set the initial VFD parameters including the settings for the VFD jumpers located to the right of all VFD terminals?

Thanks
    Your Wiring looks good, Twist all the low voltage dc pairs a tight twist is required to be affective

Please understand that you don't have 110v you keep on say and writing 110v, you have 120v / 240v single phase for NA, it officially changed in 1967 from 110v to 120v that's 55 years ago.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you both for the help, so the way I read your answers is that I can stop my complain to G-Penny and keep the VFD and by using the correct parameters on the 2.2KW VFD I will be able not to exceed the 15A I have available.

I didn’t even noticed that I have a BST spindle mastec54 (sharp eyes?). I was paying more attention on the electrical specs.

Attached is the VFD name plate.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-2-2kw-inverter-name-plate-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry mastec54 that I keep saying 110V vs 120V, no idea why I got stuck to 110. I will try to remember!

I attach 2 pictures of the spindle which say G-Penny because on the previous picture the G-Penny was not visible. I see that the serial number is BST0…. but not sure now who made the spindle. I will take what your saying

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-spindle1-jpg   VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-spindle2-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry mastec54 that I keep saying 110V vs 120V, no idea why I got stuck to 110. I will try to remember!

I attach 2 pictures of the spindle which say G-Penny because on the previous picture the G-Penny was not visible. I see that the serial number is BST0…. but not sure now who made the spindle. I will take what your saying
    They have more than one brand name so I Guess the BST (0.8=spindle size) brand name may be using them also, an easy check, is the length of the spindle check it with their spec sheet, the G-Penny has a longer body than the other brand names / manufacturers, has longer Stator windings and Rotor giving them more torque, I see that it is marked 25,000 RPM also which is unusual

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The BSTMotion site
    800W 1.5KW 2.2KW Water Cooled Spindle Motor Huayang 1500W 2200W VFD Inverter 65mm 80mm Bracket Holder Pump ER Collet Chuck CNC| | - AliExpress

When I select 800W ER11 gives the spindle size as 80x208mm with ER20 collet which I assume is not for the 800W spindle. Cant find the dims for 800W spindle

The G-Penny site
    800W ER11 Water Cooled Spindle Motor 4 Bearings & 1.5KW VFD Inverter Frequency Drive & 65mm Aluminium Bracket Clamp Bracket|Machine Tool Spindle| - AliExpress

Selecting 800W ER11 spindle gives the size as 65x195mm with ER11 collet, 24000RPM. The one I got is the same 65x195mm, 24000RPM (don’t know where you got the 25000)

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

The BSTMotion site
    800W 1.5KW 2.2KW Water Cooled Spindle Motor Huayang 1500W 2200W VFD Inverter 65mm 80mm Bracket Holder Pump ER Collet Chuck CNC| | - AliExpress

When I select 800W ER11 gives the spindle size as 80x208mm with ER20 collet which I assume is not for the 800W spindle. Cant find the dims for 800W spindle

The G-Penny site
    800W ER11 Water Cooled Spindle Motor 4 Bearings & 1.5KW VFD Inverter Frequency Drive & 65mm Aluminium Bracket Clamp Bracket|Machine Tool Spindle| - AliExpress

Selecting 800W ER11 spindle gives the size as 65x195mm with ER11 collet, 24000RPM. The one I got is the same 65x195mm, 24000RPM (don’t know where you got the 25000)
    25K is in the photo you posted, (BST 0.8-65-25K) all the dimensions for the G-Penny Spindles are normally on the sales page

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the link for my kit if it’s of any help, strange in one place shows 25K RPM and in another 24K RPM.

It was a mistake I didn’t buy the pump/hose at the same time because I have a heck of a time getting fittings to fit the spindle/pump. I didn’t do it to save any money, just don’t like to through away good stuff and the pump I have is brand new and don’t remember why I bought it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-spindle-water-fittingsa-jpg   VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-spindle-water-pumpa-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the link for my kit if it’s of any help, strange in one place shows 25K RPM and in another 24K RPM.

It was a mistake I didn’t buy the pump/hose at the same time because I have a heck of a time getting fittings to fit the spindle/pump. I didn’t do it to save any money, just don’t like to through away good stuff and the pump I have is brand new and don’t remember why I bought it.
    The 25K is nothing to worry about, not sure why they sent you a 2.2Kw VFD Drive though when a 1.5Kw would have been ideal.

The Pump Body is most likely ABS so you will be able to glue a PVC adaptor to it, may need some mods done or to make the adaptors to suit, then you can use a barb fitting to suit the hose required for the spindle

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Very smart mastec54, never thought about gluing a new fitting on the pump, thanks

Didn’t find anything specific at the stores but I got some fittings and will give it a try with what I have and if no success I will zip out again and try to get a suitable ABS fitting

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Very smart mastec54, never thought about gluing a new fitting on the pump, thanks

Didn’t find anything specific at the stores but I got some fittings and will give it a try with what I have and if no success I will zip out again and try to get a suitable ABS fitting
    Does not have to be ABS it can be PVC they will glue together ok

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to use a fuse on the line feeding the cooling water pump. If something is wrong with the pump instead of blowing the system fuse it will blow the line fuse.

The pump is rated 12VDC, 14.4W and I have a 12VDC 2A wall wart which I will plug it into a power bar I have inside the cnc control panel.

What size fuse should I use? (please give me a range if possible, I have a bunch of them and I may get lucky so I don’t have to zip to the store).

Thanks

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to use a fuse on the line feeding the cooling water pump. If something is wrong with the pump instead of blowing the system fuse it will blow the line fuse.

The pump is rated 12VDC, 14.4W and I have a 12VDC 2A wall wart which I will plug it into a power bar I have inside the cnc control panel.

What size fuse should I use? (please give me a range if possible, I have a bunch of them and I may get lucky so I don’t have to zip to the store).

Thanks
    1. I would use a 2A fuse.
    2. It is more important that the pump cools and protects the Spindle so it should not itself blow fuse.and stop working often.
    3. So I connected the output relay from inside the VFD to turn on the water pump only when Spindle is spinning. So the water pump would also never fail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the help, I understand to important function of the cooling water pump.

I also plan to have the pump starting along with the spindle from inside the VFD. If you look in my post #1 below you will see my wiring schematic which indicates the pump to start along with the VFD however since I’m not knowledgeable enough with wiring I’m waiting for comments on my schematic.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the help, I understand to important function of the cooling water pump.

I also plan to have the pump starting along with the spindle from inside the VFD. If you look in my post #1 below you will see my wiring schematic which indicates the pump to start along with the VFD however since I’m not knowledgeable enough with wiring I’m waiting for comments on my schematic.
    Post #5 your wiring schematic looks good, you may have missed it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry about this mastec54, now I see it (post #4), much appreciated.

Did a test of the water pump (a temporary setup, spindle and pump on the floor) and it works well. Have no 2A fuse so I will get that later.

Making the plate to support the spindle on the Z axis and soldering the 18AWG 4/C shielded cable to the “Air Plug” (Air Plug? What a funny name). Then I will install the VFD next to the control panel and do the final wiring as per my schematic.

After I will be waiting for the VFD parameters to do the final settings.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry about this mastec54, now I see it (post #4), much appreciated.

Did a test of the water pump (a temporary setup, spindle and pump on the floor) and it works well. Have no 2A fuse so I will get that later.

Making the plate to support the spindle on the Z axis and soldering the 18AWG 4/C shielded cable to the “Air Plug” (Air Plug? What a funny name). Then I will install the VFD next to the control panel and do the final wiring as per my schematic.

After I will be waiting for the VFD parameters to do the final settings.
    I think they mean aviation plug is its normal name for that style of plug

Mactec54

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast