VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB

Perhaps I was not crear mastec54, if you look in the attached I only measure between 12V and GNDA, the 0-10V is not connected yet to anything.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-c11g-relays-section-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Perhaps I was not crear mastec54, if you look in the attached I only measure between 12V and GNDA, the 0-10V is not connected yet to anything.
    What you posted was not correct, that is why I questioned what you had posted, you posted you had connected a 12v supply to the 12v output, it is not an output, and could never be an output. It only can be an Input

(What you posted; I connected the 12VDC power to the Analog Output on C11G (12V, & GNDA). Measuring between these 2 terminals I get 11.8VDC)

The Board required 12v / 24v why would you think that you would need to adjust it to 10v, if anything you would leave it as it is, (11.8) or see it will go higher to the 12v

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Regardless my thinking I was wrong mastec54, sorry about it.

I understand it can be very frustrating for people like you to deal with newbies like me and I try to be as careful as I can. Hopefully today, time permitting, I should be able to start the spindle and then we all can forget the past.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought setting the VFD parameters would be much easier but since haven’t done this before I have these questions:

It looks like that setting parameters PD003/004/005/006/141 perhaps are related and the VFD change them to some kind of default because after I did my settings and went back to verify what I did PD003/004/005 were back to 050. Trying to change the 050 to 400 I used the shift key to go at the beginning of 050 to change the 0 to 4 but I was not able to do so. Eventually I did it and verified that all parameters are set properly. I had enough of the noisy fan and I turned OFF the VFD but later I will go back and re verify to assure that all settings are good.

My question: is it possible that setting the parameters must be done in a certain order or its ok to start from PD000 and keep going to the end?

Also parameter PD010=6, I get 006.0 in the display
    And parameter PD011 & PD073=50, I get 050.00 in the display
    Are these readings acceptable?

I made the video in the following link to hear the VFD sound but it’s not a big deal, I was sitting close to the VFD and perhaps that made it worst but later I will put on my ear muffs

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

That doesn't sound right at all to me, none of the ones I used made that much noise, just a quiet, almost inaudible hum. ?

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree Al, I got a water cooled spindle to keep the noise level down and now I have the VFD making more noise than the spindle. I will hate to go back to G-Penny because communications in English are almost zero. Today I had the VFD ON for about 1 hour, perhaps if I leave it running for half a day the noise may get less or worst? I will give it a try.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I have a 3.7kW Delta VFD and even running at full blast you can't hear the fan unless you get your head closer to it than I want to given its live with 415VAC!

Most good VFDs the fan is 'on demand' and many of those the fan runs at variable speeds to match the thermal load.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Craig, you have 415VAC? Wow, and I thought mine at 120VAC was a lot. lol

I know these HY VFD’s are popular cause of the price but I haven’t seen or hear one to be bad out of the manufacture. Perhaps I got a “lemon”?

Even when I tried to program it I input 400, I push the SET button, then it says END and the next parameter comes ON, but after I finish and start again from the top to assure all parameters are ok the 400 had changed to 50.

Eventually I did them all good after a few tries and later on tonight I will give it another go.to verify all of them again. I know I’m new to this and perhaps I’m doing something wrong.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    415VAC is the standard three-phase voltage (measured between phases) in New Zealand. This comes about because in New Zealand the standard single-phase voltage is
    240VAC.

No doubt you will have seen 380VAC VFDs, and 380VAC is what is common elsewhere around the world, but the same 380VAC VFD can be used on 415VAC, the VFDs tend to classed as 400V devices and used from 380VAC
    to 440VAC.

If I understand correctly there is a 550VAC three-phase connection in Canada? That would certainly blow the dust out!

A few years ago I took a 415VAC hit from a welder I was working on, fortunately it was via a transformer primary and current limited, otherwise I might not have been here to tell the tale.
    As it was I was a sick and sore little puppy for some hours afterwards. 550VAC is even less appealing.

Some Miller inverter style welders have an 800VDC DCLink voltage. It was this high so that even if the welder was used in Canada (550VAC) it would still be within spec. The rectifier circuit had
    an inductive boost circuit so you could run this on 208VAC and still reach the 800VDC. To take a hit off 800VDC is fatal, there is no current limiting here to save you. Extra special care
    was taken when I was fiddling with these suckers.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

You were very lucky Craig with that accident. In my case anything requiring over 120VAC I would not even bother to touch it, too dangerous for me.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

You were very lucky Craig with that accident.
    Yes, I've been working on electrical and electronic equipment my entire life and am usually very careful, especially as the voltages go up, and 415VAC is getting into the real
    danger zone. This particular job required that in order to test it properly it had to be energised...

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    415VAC is the standard three-phase voltage (measured between phases) in New Zealand. This comes about because in New Zealand the standard single-phase voltage is
    240VAC.

If I understand correctly there is a 550VAC three-phase connection in Canada? That would certainly blow the dust out!

Craig
    Here in Canada the typical 3ph power is 600vac.
    Our neighbors to the south use 480v, can cause some nuisance issues when using each others equipment.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree Al, I got a water cooled spindle to keep the noise level down and now I have the VFD making more noise than the spindle. I will hate to go back to G-Penny because communications in English are almost zero. Today I had the VFD ON for about 1 hour, perhaps if I leave it running for half a day the noise may get less or worst? I will give it a try.
    That is quite normal for these, and some are even worse than that is your fan on top if so, you can unscrew the 4 retaining screws and unplug it, some have changed the fan for one on Amazon just check that your one is 40mm and 24v

With the Parameter settings sometimes, you have to set the PD005=400 first and then the other Parameters it should look on the screen 400.00

When you set each Parameter, it will say end if it has set follow the manual on how to set the Parameter its quite simple once you have done some.

If they change back to the Default, you are not setting them correctly

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD Kit, Mach3, ESS, and C11G BOB-vfd-fan-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

This Video is just a guide to show you how to set the Parameters and how to use the buttons nothing more.

Make sure PD000=0 if this is not Zero you won't be able to set the Parameters

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you mastec54 for the feedback on the fan, after I get mine going I will definitely look for one. You are right about the parameter, I forget which one I had to set first before I completed the others but now all look good. I set PD000=1 so they all are locked and double checked each one as per the settings you provided and all were good. It’s true that it says “End” after a new setting.

Since all parameters/wiring is done I was ready to turn ON the spindle but we have a horrible weather and the power went OFF/ON a few times so I postponed the start up for later.

Al you must have it worst over there although I can’t see how more bad it can get. Craig you must laughing at us because I don’t think you know about snow storms down there, lol. Mastec54 I don’t know which State you are but if you are up North/East you are at the heart of the storm, sorry.

I have set the VFD screen to show RPM but I do have a handheld tach to assure the spindle RPM stays around 3000. Weather supposed to get better later on so I may give it a try again or perhaps tomorrow.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This Video is just a guide to show you how to set the Parameters and how to use the buttons nothing more. Make sure PD000=0 if this is not Zero you won't be able to set the Parameters.
    Thanks for the video, quite good. At the beginning seem difficult but after a few entries you get used to it and actually it is quite easy. I would have liked the display to be better because quite often is difficult to see where the period is (is it 0.00 or 00,0). Also green display would have been easier on the eyes (at least mine), lol

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

As to the fan, I would not accept that noise, of all the many different makes of VFD's I have used, never had one sound anything as bad as that.

Actually, although it is a tad frigid here at the moment, the sun has been out all day and forecast same for a few coming days.
    I think we dodged the bullet for the storm heading out east,

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you mastec54 for the feedback on the fan, after I get mine going I will definitely look for one. You are right about the parameter, I forget which one I had to set first before I completed the others but now all look good. I set PD000=1 so they all are locked and double checked each one as per the settings you provided and all were good. It’s true that it says “End” after a new setting.

Since all parameters/wiring is done I was ready to turn ON the spindle but we have a horrible weather and the power went OFF/ON a few times so I postponed the start up for later.

Al you must have it worst over there although I can’t see how more bad it can get. Craig you must laughing at us because I don’t think you know about snow storms down there, lol. Mastec54 I don’t know which State you are but if you are up North/East you are at the heart of the storm, sorry.

I have set the VFD screen to show RPM but I do have a handheld tach to assure the spindle RPM stays around 3000. Weather supposed to get better later on so I may give it a try again or perhaps tomorrow.
    We got a dusting but is quite cold though, nothing like what you have been having, the 3000RPM startup is just an arbitrary number and is not critical if it was plus 200 RPM won't affect anything

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    As to the fan, I would not accept that noise, of all the many different makes of VFD's I have used, never had one sound anything as bad as that.

Actually, although it is a tad frigid here at the moment, the sun has been out all day and forecast same for a few coming days.
    I think we dodged the bullet for the storm heading out east,
    They are a small high air flow fan and run at 6000RPM they are noisy by design, the high air flow is what causes the noise, this is normal you should check in some electrical cabinets the fan noise is 50 times louder than that little fan

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

All day sun Al? lucky you, mastec54 you got just dusting? Guess I’m in the wrong place.

I will see about the fan, a solution is what mastec54 suggest to replace it.

Finally I got the spindle going but in a second the spindle went like crazy to I think I noticed on the screen was 10000 or 18000RPM and I pressed the STOP button. The parameters are locked and I checked these ones:
    PD011/PDO73 = 50
    PD144 = 3000

What else can I check? I know they all are as per mastec54 VFD Parameters

Nicolas

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast