5.5 kw ATC spinde not turning

Thread: 5.5 kw ATC spinde not turning

Default 5.5 kw ATC spinde not turning

Hi...was running spindle and the went to turn on again and it will not move easy...Bearings??..or is there any possibility brake is stuck on??

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.5 kw ATC spinde not turning-5-5-kw-spindle-atc-water-cooled  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5.5 kw ATC spinde not turning

Quote Originally Posted by paragon61 View Post
    Hi...was running spindle and the went to turn on again and it will not move easy...Bearings??..or is there any possibility brake is stuck on??
    Have you set the correct VFD Drive Parameters to the Spindle specs, they don't have a Brake

Did you activate the tool changer (air control) while it was running if so, you will have damaged the tool release piston as it can weld itself together

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Have you set the correct VFD Drive Parameters to the Spindle specs, they don't have a Brake

Did you activate the tool changer (air control) while it was running if so, you will have damaged the tool release piston as it can weld itself together

Hi..Thanks for reply...no .the air was not activated but I was running it for a while in an upside down position...we had a cut that had to be made that way...do it a bit with our air cooled spindle but this is first time with this one...tool holder was a bit difficult to get out but it didi come..if it is welded is that the end of spindle?...fixable?

Thanks again,
    Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi..Thanks for reply...no .the air was not activated but I was running it for a while in an upside down position...we had a cut that had to be made that way...do it a bit with our air cooled spindle but this is first time with this one...tool holder was a bit difficult to get out but it didi come..if it is welded is that the end of spindle?...fixable?

Thanks again,
    Rick
    If you did not have the air on, then it must be something else, it would not be that part of the Tool changer

Did the spindle overheat???

Did you have the water-cooling working???

Have you set the correct VFD Drive Parameters???

Mactec54

If you did not have the air on, then it must be something else, it would not be that part of the Tool changer

Did the spindle overheat???

Did you have the water-cooling working???

Have you set the correct VFD Drive Parameters???
    Has been running for a year no problems so i am thinking parameters ok...water cooling was on and water was warm but not hot...it was working hard...bearing was beginning to make a little noise..maybe this was its end...i looked for how to replace but really could not find much for that type of spindle....thanks again for help!!

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Has been running for a year no problems so i am thinking parameters ok...water cooling was on and water was warm but not hot...it was working hard...bearing was beginning to make a little noise..maybe this was its end...i looked for how to replace but really could not find much for that type of spindle....thanks again for help!!

Rick
    You did not say it was in use for a year, then yes it most likely needs a service which could well be in need of new Bearings, they are quite easy to take apart, you need to use the correct custom wrenches, which you will have to make in most cases, so you don't damage any of the rotating parts, you start at the top, just be careful with the wiring and sensors and note the sensor positions, the main Spindle Nuts at the top may be left-Hand Thread

Mactec54

You did not say it was in use for a year, then yes it most likely needs a service which could well be in need of new Bearings, they are quite easy to take apart, you need to use the correct custom wrenches, which you will have to make in most cases, so you don't damage any of the rotating parts, you start at the top, just be careful with the wiring and sensors and note the sensor positions, the main Spindle Nuts at the top may be left-Hand Thread
    OK..Thanks..I am glad it is relatively easy...the main problem is that I have not seen it done so I will be careful..it will probably be a week or so till I can get to it..Are you aware of any pics of that type spindle being worked on..I could not find any..

Thanks again so much for your time and help..it is greatly appreciated!!

Rick