I now have access to a 220V plug! What parts of my VFD/Spindle should I upgrade? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I now have access to a 220V plug! What parts of my VFD/Spindle should I upgrade?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I now have access to a 220V plug! What parts of my VFD/Spindle should I upgrade?

Taking your advise Mactec54. I am heading down the upgrade path. I am looking at a spindle in the 3KW range.

Specifically looking at G-Penny's aliexpress store. But I have a few questions.

Do I care about a labyrinth seal VS stone working VS traditional spindle? I am mostly cutting hardwoods. I very rarely mess with aluminum.

What brand VFD? Fuling, HUANYANG, BEST, Mini? A few posts back you mentioned "VFD Drives Huanyang is still the best in the lower price range".

Any feed back would be appreciated. Now I just need to figure out how to get the shipping costs down.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I now have access to a 220V plug! What parts of my VFD/Spindle should I upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by DingbatCA View Post
    Taking your advise Mactec54. I am heading down the upgrade path. I am looking at a spindle in the 3KW range.

Specifically looking at G-Penny's aliexpress store. But I have a few questions.

Do I care about a labyrinth seal VS stone working VS traditional spindle? I am mostly cutting hardwoods. I very rarely mess with aluminum.

What brand VFD? Fuling, HUANYANG, BEST, Mini? A few posts back you mentioned "VFD Drives Huanyang is still the best in the lower price range".

Any feed back would be appreciated. Now I just need to figure out how to get the shipping costs down.
    Thanks
    Yes, Huanyang still the best and easiest to configure of all the lower cost VFD Drives, you will have to use the 4Kw VFD for these higher Kw Spindles

This is where you want to be it's only a little more cost, Ceramic Bearings are what you want, don't read too much into the stone and metal cutting, the labyrinth seal is a plus even for wood working

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I will save a bit more cash and buy the full 3.2KW package with ceramic brearings @ 220V.

Downloads
    Uploads

YAY! I now have the G-Penny 3.2KW spindle on my CNC. Doing the final wiring for the VFD (Huanyang 220v 4.0kw). I hope to start programing this week. It looks like many of the setting are the same as my old VFD, with obvious changes for voltage and power. Any advise on what settings I should change?

New settings, after a factory reset
    PD013 = 8, Reset the VFD to factory defaults
    PD001 = 1, 0-10V RPM control
    PD002 = 1, Frequency from VI
    PD005 = 400, Max Operating Frequency
    PD004 = 400, Ref Operating Frequency
    PD003 = 400, Main Operating Frequency
    PD006 = 260, Intermediate Frequency (No love, maxes out at 15, default is 1)
    PD007 = 20, Maximum frequency
    PD008 = 240, Maximum voltage
    PD009 = 78, Intermediate voltage (No love, maxes out at 30, default is 12.6)
    PD011 = 120, Lower Frequency Limit
    PD014 = 3, 3 second start up speed, default is 5
    PD027 = 10, Starting Frequency
    PD041 = 8, Carrier frequency
    ??PD141 = 220V, Rated Motor voltage (Label on the Spindle says 220V. Should I set this to 240V?)
    PD142 = 3.2KW, Rated Motor Current
    PD142 = 8, amp spindle
    ??PD143 = 2, number of spindle poles
    PD144 = 2400, RPM 10X
    ??PD171 = 2, Set default display more to RPM

Downloads
    Uploads

Documentation is as much for me as anyone else who follows. Here is my working setup.

Mains wiring (USA Electrical)
    R = L1 (Black)
    S = L2 (Red)
    T = L3 Neutral (White)
    E = Earth Ground (Green)

Control wires:
    FOR - Relay - DCM (When the relay is switch on, providing a sort between FOR and DCM, the spindle switches into Forward Run state)
    ACM - 10V signal line Ground
    VI - 0-10V RPM control. Provided by an external 0-10V controller.

Jumper:
    Jumped across "VI"

Settings:
    PD013 = 8, Reset the VFD to factory defaults
    PD001 = 1, 0-10V RPM control
    PD002 = 1, Frequency from VI
    PD005 = 400, Max Operating Frequency
    PD004 = 400, Ref Operating Frequency
    PD003 = 400, Main Operating Frequency
    PD007 = 20, Maximum frequency
    PD009 = 15, Intermediate voltage
    PD011 = 120, Lower Frequency Limit
    PD014 = 5, 5 second start up speed
    PD052 = 1, turn on FA-FB relay connection to provide on/off switch for the water pump when the spinel is in "RUN"
    PD072 = 400, Higher Analog Frequency
    PD141 = 220, Rated Motor voltage
    PD142 = 15 (15A operating amperage)
    PD143 = 2, number of spindle poles
    PD144 = 3000, No clue why 3000=24000RPM. Go figure.

Huge disclaimer! These are the settings that work on my setup. They are in NO way tuned. Use at your own risk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12