Need Help! huanyang vfd on/off

Thread: huanyang vfd on/off

Downloads
    Uploads

Default huanyang vfd on/off

hi,
    i have a vfd huanyang HY02D243B
    Is it possible to switch off the inverter otherwise when unplugging the power ?
    with a particular setting ?

Thanks
    best regards

Iwan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: huanyang vfd on/off

The inverter is always "on" as long as it has AC power. The Stop mode turns off the output transistors, but the bus voltage is always on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vanova View Post
    hi,
    i have a vfd huanyang HY02D243B
    Is it possible to switch off the inverter otherwise when unplugging the power ?
    with a particular setting ?

Thanks
    best regards

Iwan
    No there are no settings that can do that.

You can't use a Plug to Turn the Power 0FF to the VFD Drive this is a big No as this will damage the VFD Drive

It must be switched 0FF before you unplug it, meaning the outlet / receptacle has to have a switch to turn the power to the VFD Drive 0ff before you can unplug it, this can be done also with the Breaker for that circuit, Never unplug when it is Powered up

Same goes for Powering it up, if you are Plugging it in then the Power must be 0FF before you Plug it in, you then can Switch / Turn it 0N

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No there are no settings that can do that.

You can't use a Plug to Turn the Power 0FF to the VFD Drive this is a big No as this will damage the VFD Drive

It must be switched 0FF before you unplug it, meaning the outlet / receptacle has to have a switch to turn the power to the VFD Drive 0ff before you can unplug it, this can be done also with the Breaker for that circuit, Never unplug when it is Powered up

Same goes for Powering it up, if you are Plugging it in then the Power must be 0FF before you Plug it in, you then can Switch / Turn it 0N

Thanks for your repply,
    i'm little bit confuse ,, but just for resume i can use a Breacker (for power switch) and be sure that te VFD is on STOP mode before switching OFF the breacker ?

huanyang vfd on/off-vfd-png

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your repply,
    i'm little bit confuse ,, but just for resume i can use a Breacker (for power switch) and be sure that te VFD is on STOP mode before switching OFF the breacker ?

huanyang vfd on/off-vfd-png
    The word you used in your post Plugging, is I think is where the confusion came from, Plugging means you are plugging something into a power outlet.

Are you using 3Phase or Single-Phase supply??

That is a 3 Pole Breaker, you need a Ground / Earth wire (PE) also for the VFD Drive and the Spindle.

The spindle must use a 4 wire Shielded cable Between the VFD Drive and the Spindle.

Normally if you are using 3Phase Power supply you would use a minimum of a Main Power Supply Disconnect in your machine cabinet, the Breaker would be used after the disconnect, then an EMI Power Filter then the VFD Drive

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails huanyang vfd on/off-disconnect-switches-3-png   huanyang vfd on/off-disconnect-switches-4-png   huanyang vfd on/off-vfd-drive-wiring-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The word you used in your post Plugging, is I think is where the confusion came from, Plugging means you are plugging something into a power outlet.

Are you using 3Phase or Single-Phase supply??

That is a 3 Pole Breaker, you need a Ground / Earth wire (PE) also for the VFD Drive and the Spindle.

The spindle must use a 4 wire Shielded cable Between the VFD Drive and the Spindle.

Normally if you are using 3Phase Power supply you would use a minimum of a Main Power Supply Disconnect in your machine cabinet, the Breaker would be used after the disconnect, then an EMI Power Filter then the VFD Drive
    I use 3 Phase supply,
    sorry for the confusion, I speak french,,,
    is this diagram correct? (better than words )

and do you have suggestion for EMI filter, i use a 380v 2,2kw Spindle ?

huanyang vfd on/off-cnc-wiring-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

I use 3 Phase supply,
    sorry for the confusion, I speak french,,,
    is this diagram correct? (better than words )

and do you have suggestion for EMI filter, i use a 380v 2,2kw Spindle ?

huanyang vfd on/off-cnc-wiring-jpg
    The switch would be the first in line before the Breaker if you have this mounted in a cabinet, the Main 400v supply would normally have a Breaker in the service Panel, then the Main Power supply would go to your machine Cabinet

EMI Power Filters you can find in most electrical supply companies, or Ebay has them also a 380/400v 12A to 20A should be all you need the TDK Lambda being one of the better EMI Filters there are some used on Ebay as well buy with caution

Don't forget your Neutral and Earth wires

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails huanyang vfd on/off-emi-power-filter-2-png   huanyang vfd on/off-emi-power-filter-3-jpg   huanyang vfd on/off-3phase-panel-png  
    Mactec54