Suggestions for new spindle - 24,000 2.2kW, ER20

Thread: Suggestions for new spindle - 24,000 2.2kW, ER20

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Suggestions for new spindle - 24,000 2.2kW, ER20

Greetings,

I am planning to finally replace my Chinese made 24,000 RPM spindle. It has served me well and is still running but getting a bit more noisy and running a bit hotter. The type I have is 24,000 RPM, 2.2 kW, ER20 collet, Air cooled. I bought it as a "kit" with mount and VFD.

I am looking for a direct replacement and years ago I recall Rattman or Ratmotor being the vendor of choice but not sure who the good players are these days. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!
    Chris D

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Greetings,

I am planning to finally replace my Chinese made 24,000 RPM spindle. It has served me well and is still running but getting a bit more noisy and running a bit hotter. The type I have is 24,000 RPM, 2.2 kW, ER20 collet, Air cooled. I bought it as a "kit" with mount and VFD.

I am looking for a direct replacement and years ago I recall Rattman or Ratmotor being the vendor of choice but not sure who the good players are these days. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!
    Chris D
    It would be easy to replace the bearings. There should be info on your specific spindle that indicates the how many of each bearing needed.

You'll find either a total of three or four. They can be found on Amazon and AliExpress. There are videos on YouTube on how to do it.

My 2.2kw air cooled spindle uses 4pcs Bearing (2pcs 7005+2pcs7002). I got the info from ebay. Those are very likely the same bearings you need, if same quantity. Ignore any with an alphanumeric ending like "a" or "ac". Keep in mind that the cost of the bearings has a lot to with longevity and runout.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Suggestions for new spindle - 24,000 2.2kW, ER20

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Greetings,

Thanks!
    Chris D
    The quality is all about the same in the low-cost range

You still should be able to find the same spindle motor, some have a different name but are in a lot of cases made by the same manufacture, is yours a square spindle or 80mm round

Rattman spindles have never been a vender of choice

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Suggestions for new spindle - 24,000 2.2kW, ER20

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The quality is all about the same in the low-cost range

You still should be able to find the same spindle motor, some have a different name but are in a lot of cases made by the same manufacture, is yours a square spindle or 80mm round

Rattman spindles have never been a vender of choice
    Mine is the 80 MM round air cooled. As memory serves me, the propaganda sales literature said it contains 4 bearings. I did find something that looks exactly like it on Amazon.

Chris