Problem HuanYang HY01D523B problem - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HuanYang HY01D523B problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HuanYang HY01D523B problem

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    As you can tell had a bad day yesterday

No I hadn't connected the spindle to HY yet, but I'll give the wiring a go today see if that helps.if all the faults disappear then the HY stays in the cabinet
    And while the A2 arrived and you say it automatically adjusts to spindle current draw then I may as well keep it as a backup or something.

But I honestly convinced myself yesterday that the spindle had no current limiting circuit or anything, and if the A2 pushes15A through it, that it would fry my spindle...
    No, the A2 will only output what the spindle motor can draw, if you where to mess with the torque Parameters Pn13 and Pn14 in the A2 then your spindle could draw more amps than it should, Pn13 can be adjusted only once you have it working and can monitor the temperature

If the HY faults are not on the KeyPad screen, then you should just connect the spindle and run it, as per the normal wiring R / T / G, if the Faults are just in the advent folder they are nothing to be concerned about. connect the spindle and run if your Parameters are set correct

Mactec54

Talking Re: HuanYang HY01D523B problem

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No, the A2 will only output what the spindle motor can draw, if you where to mess with the torque Parameters Pn13 and Pn14 in the A2 then your spindle could draw more amps than it should, Pn13 can be adjusted only once you have it working and can monitor the temperature

If the HY faults are not on the KeyPad screen, then you should just connect the spindle and run it, as per the normal wiring R / T / G, if the Faults are just in the advent folder they are nothing to be concerned about. connect the spindle and run if your Parameters are set correct
    Thanks again for you advice, knowledge and patients

===UPDATE===
    As suggested by MacTec54 I went ahead and connected the VFD + Spindle to the Acorn board and seems to be running fine despite the original faults still showing up on Pd177-180.

One issue I have though and I've seen some comments referring to this, is that the VFD RPM differs from what CNC12 is reporting.
    I did place a 1uF ceramic cap across the 0-10v analog output of the Acorn and the shield of that cable is grounded.
    at 24000rpm both displays agree, but anything from zero and up the VFD is over reading by as much as 800rpm towards the top end frequency. So not sure which is the true RPM

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    ===UPDATE===
    As suggested by MacTec54 I went ahead and connected the VFD + Spindle to the Acorn board and seems to be running fine despite the original faults still showing up on Pd177-180.

One issue I have though and I've seen some comments referring to this, is that the VFD RPM differs from what CNC12 is reporting.
    I did place a 1uF ceramic cap across the 0-10v analog output of the Acorn and the shield of that cable is grounded.
    at 24000rpm both displays agree, but anything from zero and up the VFD is over reading by as much as 800rpm towards the top end frequency. So not sure which is the true RPM
    You have to make sure the 0-10v that is output from the Breakout Board matches the RPM that you command in your program or MDI, if this is correct then there is a filter Parameters in the VFD Drives that you can adjust the Analog speed referance

PD071= Analog Filter constant this will adjust the RPMs if the input voltage is correct so first setup the input voltage to match the commanded RPM then adjust this Parameter

PD171=01 this will clear the fault in the fault folder, this only stores faults it has nothing to do with the VFD Drives Running and you can clear it by using ( 01 )

There is a complete setup procedure to set the 0-10v to match the RPM with the Acorn

Here is a Video on how to set it up

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12