Anybody use a soyanpower vfd for their spindle ?

Thread: Anybody use a soyanpower vfd for their spindle ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anybody use a soyanpower vfd for their spindle ?

Has anybody out there had any success using the soyanpower svd-ps vfd for their spindle control? I’ve been struggling with getting mine programmed to work with Mach4 and would like to see if I’m overthinking it, or if it really needs as many parameters set as I’m thinking it does? Since it’s a Chinese vfd, there is a little bit of chinglish going on in the manual, although they did pretty good on it, but I can’t figure out if the “pulse settings” is the same as setting it up to be commanded by pwm, which is what the controller is using or if it is meaning something different. Things of that nature. Is there a generic, run of the mill, set of parameters that need to be set in order for it to work? I understand every vfd and system is different, and will have different parameters and what not, but I’m sure for the most part, a lot of them have to have pretty similar changes in order to to be programmed to work with a cnc

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anybody use a soyanpower vfd for their spindle ?

looks like your vfd has 2 or 3 modes you can use V/f, vector control(FOC) and sensorless flux control(SFVC). I don't know how exactly you change from one to another but maybe therein lies the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Codythecreator View Post
    Has anybody out there had any success using the soyanpower svd-ps vfd for their spindle control? I’ve been struggling with getting mine programmed to work with Mach4 and would like to see if I’m overthinking it, or if it really needs as many parameters set as I’m thinking it does? Since it’s a Chinese vfd, there is a little bit of chinglish going on in the manual, although they did pretty good on it, but I can’t figure out if the “pulse settings” is the same as setting it up to be commanded by pwm, which is what the controller is using or if it is meaning something different. Things of that nature. Is there a generic, run of the mill, set of parameters that need to be set in order for it to work? I understand every vfd and system is different, and will have different parameters and what not, but I’m sure for the most part, a lot of them have to have pretty similar changes in order to to be programmed to work with a cnc
    Do you have a link to the VFD Drive or a PDF you can post

Not may VFD Drives will take direct PWM for the speed control so need the PDF and I will tell you what you need to do

No, there are not normally very many Parameters to set so if you have played with lots then this could be a problem

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum View Post
    looks like your vfd has 2 or 3 modes you can use V/f, vector control(FOC) and sensorless flux control(SFVC). I don't know how exactly you change from one to another but maybe therein lies the problem.
    Remote controlling a VFD Drive does not have anything to do with what mode the VFD Drive is set in V/F or vector mode.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure, I’ll tag the link down at the bottom. And I’d REALLY appreciate any direction I can get. Everything up until this point has been a cakewalk except the vfd. I’ve never had to program one for a cnc before and I’ve messaged the manufacturer several times and never got a reply. Since you’ll probably need this info as well, I’m using a pmdx 424 b.o.b. with pmdx 407 spindle controller, running Mach 4. Thanks again
    https://www.ivdc.com/cnc/SVD-P%20user%20manual-NEW.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Do you have a link to the VFD Drive or a PDF you can post

Not may VFD Drives will take direct PWM for the speed control so need the PDF and I will tell you what you need to do

No, there are not normally very many Parameters to set so if you have played with lots then this could be a problem
    Sure, I’ll tag the link down at the bottom. And I’d REALLY appreciate any direction I can get. Everything up until this point has been a cakewalk except the vfd. I’ve never had to program one for a cnc before and I’ve messaged the manufacturer several times and never got a reply. Since you’ll probably need this info as well, I’m using a pmdx 424 b.o.b. with pmdx 407 spindle controller, running Mach 4. Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum View Post
    After reading the description of each setting, I believe sfvc is still the best option since I don’t have a spindle encoder (yet) for clvc, and apparently v/f is for low load or multiple motor applications. Though I will be picking up a spindle encoder sooner rather than later so I’ll switch over to clvc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Codythecreator View Post
    You will use the PWM to Analog 0-10v, output on the Breakout Board, it will connect to the AI1and GND

For On / Off you can use DI1 and Com, on the PMDX board this would be Run and Com

There are some Parameters to set as well, What are the Spindle Motor specs.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You will use the PWM to Analog 0-10v, output on the Breakout Board, it will connect to the AI1and GND

For On / Off you can use DI1 and Com, on the PMDX board this would be Run and Com

There are some Parameters to set as well, What are the Spindle Motor specs.
    Motor specs are:
    1.5 hp
    230v
    4.4amps
    1730rpm
    60hz