Need Help! HY GT 2.2kw VFD Autotune error EEP

Thread: HY GT 2.2kw VFD Autotune error EEP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HY GT 2.2kw VFD Autotune error EEP

Decided to get this running before worrying about mach3 control....... so I set following parameters and did P0.16 autotune and got EEP error. Any help would be appreciated.

HY GT 2.2 GT - 2R2G - 2Z

P0.03 = 60 hz
    P0.04 = 60 hz
    P0.05 = 0 hz (factory setting)
    P0.06 = 60 hz

P0.11 = 10 s
    P0.12 = 10 s

P2.01 = 1.5 kw (2 hp motor)
    P2.02 = 60 hz
    P2.03 = 1725 rpm
    P2.04 = 240 v
    P2.05 = 6.2 fla
    P7.02 = 2 (jog for fwd/rev)

Motor plate
    3PH 2 HP
    60 HZ
    1725 RPM
    208-230 v
    FLA 6.2
    SFA 6.8

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HY GT 2.2kw VFD Autotune error EEP

Quote Originally Posted by flinttownchopper View Post
    Decided to get this running before worrying about mach3 control....... so I set following parameters and did P0.16 autotune and got EEP error. Any help would be appreciated.

HY GT 2.2 GT - 2R2G - 2Z

P0.03 = 60 hz
    P0.04 = 60 hz
    P0.05 = 0 hz (factory setting)
    P0.06 = 60 hz

P0.11 = 10 s
    P0.12 = 10 s

P2.01 = 1.5 kw (2 hp motor)
    P2.02 = 60 hz
    P2.03 = 1725 rpm
    P2.04 = 240 v
    P2.05 = 6.2 fla
    P7.02 = 2 (jog for fwd/rev)

Motor plate
    3PH 2 HP
    60 HZ
    1725 RPM
    208-230 v
    FLA 6.2
    SFA 6.8
    You motor won't be able to run at ( 0 ) RPM so P0.05= 200 would be close to your minimum speed, all the 60Hz settings can also be up to 100Hz safely as well

What mode are you trying to use Vector or V/F mode try in V/f mode

EEP is you have damage to the EEprom or there is something wrong with the Parameters, does the motor run without doing the auto tune.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You motor won't be able to run at ( 0 ) RPM so P0.05= 200 would be close to your minimum speed, all the 60Hz settings can also be up to 100Hz safely as well

What mode are you trying to use Vector or V/F mode try in V/f mode

EEP is you have damage to the EEprom or there is something wrong with the Parameters, does the motor run without doing the auto tune.

P0.00 is factory, should be zero, so V/F I believe

Motor actually seems to run fine before and after autotune error, haven't checked actual RPM yet though

OK so i'll change:

P0.03 = 100hz
    P0.04 = 100hz
    P0.05 = i'll do like 7 or 8hz for 200rpm ? or am I misunderstanding?
    P0.06 = 100hz

P2.02 = 100hz

Downloads
    Uploads

P0.00 is factory, should be zero, so V/F I believe

Motor actually seems to run fine before and after autotune error, haven't checked actual RPM yet though

OK so i'll change:

P0.03 = 100hz
    P0.04 = 100hz
    P0.05 = i'll do like 7 or 8hz for 200rpm ? or am I misunderstanding?
    P0.06 = 100hz

P2.02 = 100hz
    Sorry, I would start at 20Hz with your motor, and see what the amps are on the VFD drive screen, whatever that is times that by 3 that will give you the amps it is drawing you don't want that to be greater than the FLA of the motor so if you see 2amps that will be ok, you can try setting the Hz lower once you have checked it, heating will be a problem as the fan won't be cooling the motor at the lower speeds, I don't think you should go any lower than 12Hz to 14Hz without adding a cooling fan

The Auto tuning can be a problem on any of these drives, the high-cost quality VFD Drive have this working, so not all are created equal, normally the GT works ok up to 300Hz in the vector mode

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I would start at 20Hz with your motor, and see what the amps are on the VFD drive screen, whatever that is times that by 3 that will give you the amps it is drawing you don't want that to be greater than the FLA of the motor so if you see 2amps that will be ok, you can try setting the Hz lower once you have checked it, heating will be a problem as the fan won't be cooling the motor at the lower speeds, I don't think you should go any lower than 12Hz to 14Hz without adding a cooling fan

The Auto tuning can be a problem on any of these drives, the high-cost quality VFD Drive have this working, so not all are created equal, normally the GT works ok up to 300Hz in the vector mode
    OK, i'll give it a shot later and report back. Thanks for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

I changed the parameters to 100hz and 20hz like you mentioned and I listed previous also tried V/F and sensorless vector control and still get EEP,. The amps never go above 1.4 on screen at 20 or 100hz and motor seems to work just fine.

So run it? or should I be concerned?

Downloads
    Uploads

I changed the parameters to 100hz and 20hz like you mentioned and I listed previous also tried V/F and sensorless vector control and still get EEP,. The amps never go above 1.4 on screen at 20 or 100hz and motor seems to work just fine.

So run it? or should I be concerned?
    Yes, it seems your setup / motor is is not suitable for using Auto tuning

I would say you are good to go, just remember the motor won't have much torque at the low speeds, so try not to stall it, what are you using it on and will it have any gearing from the motor to what ever it is driving

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it seems your setup / motor is is not suitable for using Auto tuning

I would say you are good to go, just remember the motor won't have much torque at the low speeds, so try not to stall it, what are you using it on and will it have any gearing from the motor to what ever it is driving
    Using on Harbor Freight 33686 round column CNC mill. So it will be geared and probably won't use much below 500 - 600 motor RPM and mostly around 1500 - 2000 motor RPM

Downloads
    Uploads

Using on Harbor Freight 33686 round column CNC mill. So it will be geared and probably won't use much below 500 - 600 motor RPM and mostly around 1500 - 2000 motor RPM
    So, this is important then, as you want to set the minimum speed in the VFD Drive , once this is set then there is no chance the the motor will go to low in RPM and over heat

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So, this is important then, as you want to set the minimum speed in the VFD Drive , once this is set then there is no chance the the motor will go to low in RPM and over heat
    I'll leave it at 20hz (measured approx. 600rpm) for now and once I get everything fully installed I can check actual RPM and heat on the motor and go from there.

On another note if i want RPM on display, do i use P7.09 or P7.10 or ? to adjust actual output RPM at spindle ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll leave it at 20hz (measured approx. 600rpm) for now and once I get everything fully installed I can check actual RPM and heat on the motor and go from there.

On another note if i want RPM on display, do i use P7.09 or P7.10 or ? to adjust actual output RPM at spindle ?
    No, you should never change any VFD Drive Parameters to change the speed at the spindle, you have gearing in between this is not a motor problem, you can adjust the Pot to suit whatever spindle speed you want, if you are using KeyPad control

If you are using remote control then you would change it in the control gear ratio or PWM to Analog 0-10v

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you should never change any VFD Drive Parameters to change the speed at the spindle, you have gearing in between this is not a motor problem, you can adjust the Pot to suit whatever spindle speed you want, if you are using KeyPad control

If you are using remote control then you would change it in the control gear ratio or PWM to Analog 0-10v
    OK, I may not fully understand what you are saying, but I just wanted the display to read something closer to actual RPM at spindle. Wasn't intending to change anything with the motor speed or anything. Is there a way to do that with the VFD or would i need a seperate RPM gauge?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I may not fully understand what you are saying, but I just wanted the display to read something closer to actual RPM at spindle. Wasn't intending to change anything with the motor speed or anything. Is there a way to do that with the VFD or would i need a seperate RPM gauge?
    That would have to be read from the spindle, I'm not sure for the machine that you have that would be necessary, as if you know the gearing and the readout RPM on the VFD this will give you the spindle RPM, so the motor RPM can be read on the KeyPad screen x the gearing gives you the spindle RPM.

What I was saying are you using manual control or CNC control ???

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

That would have to be read from the spindle, I'm not sure for the machine that you have that would be necessary, as if you know the gearing and the readout RPM on the VFD this will give you the spindle RPM, so the motor RPM can be read on the KeyPad screen x the gearing gives you the spindle RPM.

What I was saying are you using manual control or CNC control ???
    True, after a while i'll have the hz memorized to what the rpm is. Right now it's manual and eventually i'll do CNC and then i'll have the readout there.