Build Thread Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter

Thread: Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter

Hi team

I recently brought a used 5 axis dental cnc and I’m looking at changing the motion control board to a masso. The problem is that the spindle driver was built into the old board. So I need to get a new one.

The spindle is a Jaeger Z33 spindle it’s stats are 0.24kw, 46V and 6.5amps

Would anyone know a good VFD that would work for it or have an suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter

Quote Originally Posted by andersonsteven View Post
    Hi team

I recently brought a used 5 axis dental cnc and I’m looking at changing the motion control board to a masso. The problem is that the spindle driver was built into the old board. So I need to get a new one.

The spindle is a Jaeger Z33 spindle it’s stats are 0.24kw, 46V and 6.5amps

Would anyone know a good VFD that would work for it or have an suggestions?
    It would be best if you could use the old spindle drive if it was not damaged, spindle drives like this would be custom made, is it AC or DC some photos would be good

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It would be best if you could use the old spindle drive if it was not damaged, spindle drives like this would be custom made, is it AC or DC some photos would be good
    The old spindle drive is just a circuit board with no way to attach the new board. The spindle is 3 phase.

I’ve attached some pictures of the old board. You can see the stepper divers all together at the back of the board. The spindle driver board seems to be the small board with the resistors.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter-6d3d664e-2ea2-4019-a753-59914dbdbd27-jpeg   Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter-85cad2ab-c982-4862-8e07-693ca0efe434-jpeg   Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter-9017c841-2599-41f3-bc78-46de47e550f4-jpeg   Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter-9e905211-e5d6-4284-a621-1a40047efade-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Also here is a picture of the spindle stats

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter-2f19d3f5-d7c1-4ce5-86b7-45ff79283e8a-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jaeger spindle VFD/Frequency converter

Quote Originally Posted by andersonsteven View Post
    Also here is a picture of the spindle stats
    The voltage may be the biggest problem for a regular VFD Drive, I have never tried a VFD Drive with a 1000Hz and 46V it would have a 240v supply and it may work with setting the voltage parameters to 46v, the drive would have to be 1000Hz as this 1000Hz would have to be set in the parameters

The only other thing would be to get a new spindle that was 220 / 240v

Mactec54