Need Help! HY vfd tripping circuit breaker?!? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HY vfd tripping circuit breaker?!?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HY vfd tripping circuit breaker?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mwaldorf View Post
    HOLY QUACAMOLE - IT'S ALIVE!!!!

I replaced the cable from the VFD to the spindle, and no more tripping breakers! What confuses me is that I tested the previous cable over and over with a multimeter and found no shorts. Maybe the old cable was playing games with me?

So, that leaves the following:

1. Spindle cable shielding is not connected yet. I was thinking about attaching it at the VFD ground, along with the power cord ground and the fourth pin of the cable which is connected to the spindle chassis (pending answer to #3)

2. VFD max frequency - VFD max frequency appears to be 266Hz. Not sure why, but probably enough rpm for my needs.

3. VFD mounting - Do I need to mount the VFD to a metal plate, and if so, how is the mounting plate connected to ground?

Mactec, CNCMan, JoeAverage: thank you so much for your help!
    Yes, you need to mount it on a metal plate which will become the Ground Plane, you can only clamp the shield directly to this plate you can't connect this to the VFD Drive Ground, I already showed you how this needs to be done here is another snip for your Grounding

So, the input Ground will connect to the Plate with a Ground Stud, the VFD Ground will connect to this Ground stud and the Spindle Ground also all connect to this Star Point Ground, the shield then clamps direct anywhere that cable lies to the plate, any other way and this will be a failure as before.

The Low Hz is just some Parameters to change

Try this
    Mactec54
    Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper 2-3 / VR Position

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HY vfd tripping circuit breaker?!?-grounding-wire-mounting-png   HY vfd tripping circuit breaker?!?-ground-plane-png  
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12