Problem Alarm outputs for Huanyang VFD?

Thread: Alarm outputs for Huanyang VFD?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alarm outputs for Huanyang VFD?

In the electronics for my new build, I'm trying to make sure the system "listens" properly to alarm signals from all devices.

I'm planning on wiring alarm signals directly to inputs of my cnc controller (AXBB-E), or if necessary, potentially having a safety monitoring arduino that monitors alarm signal from all critical components and then alarms to the controller.

The ALM terminals for my motor drives are simple - they just close a switch if an error is thrown, but for my VFD I have no idea how to listen. I'm using the ubiquitous Huanyang HY02D223B 2.2kW.

I've attached the page of the manual where it says "Terminals of KA, KB" are where most errors will be indicated, but (A) My unit doesn't have these terminals (pic attached of my terminals) and (B) I have no idea what signals I should be listening for or in what format.

How are people monitoring the VFD to make sure it's operating and happy?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alarm outputs for Huanyang VFD?-hy02d223b_vfd-schematic-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alarm outputs for Huanyang VFD?

It uses the terminals FA, FB, FC

The VFD closes a relay with an error between those terminals look in the manual

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much CNCMAN172. Your tip above led me to find this thread:

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...yang-vfds.html

Which explains that if parameter PD052 is set to 03, a fault condition in the VFD will close a relay contact between FB and FC terminals, which I can use to trigger an E-stop condition in the controller.

If I have that wrong, or if anyone has any additional advice or clarification, please feel free!

Last edited by DIYedInTheWool; 01-22-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your welcome I have same VFD and did this many years ago and it works perfect
    ??