How to test a vfd

Thread: How to test a vfd

Default How to test a vfd

Can you tell me how to test a vfd? I have an exiting vfd that won't turn the spindle very fast. It's turning like 25 rpms. That's what it looks like. But I don't know if it's the spindle, vfd or the settings that has the problem. Please help......
    I have a 110v 2.2kw HY HUANYANG VFD and spindle. TIA

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to test a vfd

Quote Originally Posted by jpmreno View Post
    Can you tell me how to test a vfd? I have an exiting vfd that won't turn the spindle very fast. It's turning like 25 rpms. That's what it looks like. But I don't know if it's the spindle, vfd or the settings that has the problem. Please help......
    I have a 110v 2.2kw HY HUANYANG VFD and spindle. TIA

120v and 2.2Kw is a bad combination to start with, yes it will most likely be a programing problem, but if you have the VFD Drive connected to a 120v outlet then it will not be able to get enough Power / Current to run this 2.2Kw spindle motor

So need to know what Parameters you have set, and how you are powering it with your 120v supply.

Mactec54

I've had it running by 110v for four years now. I just rebuilt my machine and had to change some settings on the vfd and it started doing this low rpm spinning. I was trying to get mach3 to turn on the spindle and operate the rpms. I should have left it alone. Is there a self diagnostic program I can run?

- - - Updated - - -

I've had it running by 110v for four years now. I just rebuilt my machine and had to change some settings on the vfd and it started doing this low rpm spinning. I was trying to get mach3 to turn on the spindle and operate the rpms. I should have left it alone. Is there a self diagnostic program I can run?

Downloads
    Uploads

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you live that has 110v power supply ???

No there is no self diagnostic program in these VFD Drives.

What Parameters did you change ???

I can give you the correct Parameters but need to know what you changed.

Do you have a list of what Parameters are set ???

Mactec54

In the US hereare my pd settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

In the US hereare my pd settings.

IN NA the Power supply is 120v / 240v not 110v / 220

Can not read the Parameters can you make a PDF file of them, that should fix it.

Mactec54