Need Help! New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

Thread: New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

Default New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

i feel like im really close to get this spindle working i just need your help.

So i finally got my spindle moving yesterday threw vfd auto tune feature but i cant get it working threw mach 4 yet.

I attached notepad file of ALL vfd settings along with manual and ESS screenshots to try to make this easier.

i have also had success getting motors connected and working.

ESSMB3 - VFD

AG - GND

AO - AI1

NO3 - X1 was also on y101

in VFD settings P01.20 is analog read on the VFD when in mach 4 enter rpm spindle start i will get a voltage reading here.

so what i think is left is maybe how to start spindle and witch direction it goes. how to wire that up and just make sure VFD settings are correct because i think somethings on wrong setting now.

seeing spindle spin for first time in 1 year has brought new life to this project

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-48-58-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-49-36-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-49-52-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-50-15-jpg  

New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-51-16-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-2021-08-31-02-52-22-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

Have to know more about the motor you are driving, what are your motor name plate spec's

Mactec54

i Currently have 400v 3 phase going to vfd or i guess this a says AC SERVO DRIVE. I know this for sure and i have 208 3 phase coming into the building. with Maddox auto transformer. vfd does say ready RDY.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-img-0419-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-megmeet-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-volt-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-img-0430-jpg  

here is some more info given by manufacturer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-img-0437-png   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-img-0438-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-img-0439-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhimotors View Post
    here is some more info given by manufacturer.
    That's a big spindle motor 15Kw Drive

What is the max frequency of the spindle and the max speed of the spindle

Did the spindle manufacture sell the drive for this spindle Motor

Mactec54

yes they sold it together
    380v
    13kw motor
    28amp
    18000 rpm
    600hz
    bt40
    also has a 4 on it witch i think means its 4 pole

yes i bit of more than i could chew with this project and before i new it it was big.
    with no cnc or cam experience at the time i got frustrated
    so bought tormach and im comfortable enough now with cnc and cam and how it works
    so im back at it would like the build volume and see it finished and moving haha

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-unnamed-6-jpg   New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile-unnamed-5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

yes they sold it together
    380v
    13kw motor
    28amp
    18000 rpm
    600hz
    bt40
    also has a 4 on it witch i think means its 4 pole

yes i bit of more than i could chew with this project and before i new it it was big.
    with no cnc or cam experience at the time i got frustrated
    so bought tormach and im comfortable enough now with cnc and cam and how it works
    so im back at it would like the build volume and see it finished and moving haha
    You said you did an auto tune, that may not of been a good Idea as you need all these motor spec's and some others entered into the drive before you do an auto tune

So I will go through the manual to see what you need to first set in the drive this may take a little while

Mactec54

the manufacturer said they setup vfd to motor. i hired a guy to help me with this from upwork to help me with this setup but we ultimately determined that it wasnt working because i was supplying it 208 3 phase and it didnt have enough power. so project got put on hold for awhile. i just recently got 3 phase transformer hooked up and started trying going threw the manual again. and thats when i found auto tune and saw motor spin for fist time.

Downloads
    Uploads

the manufacturer said they setup vfd to motor. i hired a guy to help me with this from upwork to help me with this setup but we ultimately determined that it wasnt working because i was supplying it 208 3 phase and it didnt have enough power. so project got put on hold for awhile. i just recently got 3 phase transformer hooked up and started trying going threw the manual again. and thats when i found auto tune and saw motor spin for fist time.
    Going by the list you posted of set Parameters they are not all correct for that motor, so may not have been factory setup

Mactec54

good point
    that's true a 12 months ago manufacturer set it up. but they don't know how I'm driving so i figure some things would get changed
    9 months ago i hired someone and they made some changes. i have the list of changes he told me to done. but in farness to him we ultimately figured out i was supplying wrong power to vfd witch was 208 3phase
    a week ago i connected 400v 3 phase started trying settings again new pc nothing worked but i ran tune procedure and spindle would move by entering (P03.24 - 2) - (ENTER) spindle would buzz then spin up. when i try to do this now it doesn't do anything.

but the list shows where I'm at now

Downloads
    Uploads

good point
    that's true a 12 months ago manufacturer set it up. but they don't know how I'm driving so i figure some things would get changed
    9 months ago i hired someone and they made some changes. i have the list of changes he told me to done. but in farness to him we ultimately figured out i was supplying wrong power to vfd witch was 208 3phase
    a week ago i connected 400v 3 phase started trying settings again new pc nothing worked but i ran tune procedure and spindle would move by entering (P03.24 - 2) - (ENTER) spindle would buzz then spin up. when i try to do this now it doesn't do anything.

but the list shows where I'm at now
    You never want the spindle to buzz then spin up, the main Parameters are mostly correct so no damage should of been done, wrong Parameters set can damage a spindle motor like this

Mactec54

Here’s video