Need Help! AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem

Thread: AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem

Hello everyone,

So i have a problem with controlling my VFD with mach3 BOB

This is the BOB in question: https://www.vallder-rs.com/en/c/300/...s-board-detail

This is the VFD in question: https://www.vallder-rs.com/en/c/436/...nverter-detail ( its 1.5kw one)

Min spindle speed is 6000 and max 24000 rpm.

I connected everything correctly and configured everything correctly i am sure of it.

When i start the spindle at min speed it starts speeding up and stops at 6000 for a second and again starts speeding up to around 12000 and stops there.

When i change speed in mach3 to 12000 ( through S12000 command) it starts slowing down for some reason.

I think i found the problem but do not know how to solve it.

To connect the mach3 BOB to VFD i use 3 VFD screw terminals called FV , GND COM and S1 respectively. S1 is used for starting the spindle and FV is used for +10V analog.

The voltage between S1 and COM GND is 12.3V without anything connected. Voltage between FV and COM GND is 0V as it should be.

I have 4 wires running from BOB to VFD : +10V , GND , relay COM , relay NO.

the problem is that GND and relay COM have to go the same point of VFD ( GND COM);

On BOB without connecting it to VFD 0-10V analog outputs correct voltage for all given S commands.

When i start the spindle on 6000 relay activates and spindle starts speeding up the voltage somehow gets transfered over to FV from S1 and gets higher then it should be, to around 4V between FV and GND COM.

The way to solve this is obviously to isolate GND from relay COM, but i do not know the way to do it.

If this post is confusing i will record a video to demonstrate what is the problem.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem-img_20210705_173425-jpg   AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem-mach3_5axis_board-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AE200 VFD 10v analog control problem

You do have it set for a 2pole motor I assume?
    If not, this could be the issue.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FrisscoCBR View Post
    Hello everyone,

So i have a problem with controlling my VFD with mach3 BOB

This is the BOB in question: https://www.vallder-rs.com/en/c/300/...s-board-detail

This is the VFD in question: https://www.vallder-rs.com/en/c/436/...nverter-detail ( its 1.5kw one)

Min spindle speed is 6000 and max 24000 rpm.

I connected everything correctly and configured everything correctly i am sure of it.

When i start the spindle at min speed it starts speeding up and stops at 6000 for a second and again starts speeding up to around 12000 and stops there.

When i change speed in mach3 to 12000 ( through S12000 command) it starts slowing down for some reason.

I think i found the problem but do not know how to solve it.

To connect the mach3 BOB to VFD i use 3 VFD screw terminals called FV , GND COM and S1 respectively. S1 is used for starting the spindle and FV is used for +10V analog.

The voltage between S1 and COM GND is 12.3V without anything connected. Voltage between FV and COM GND is 0V as it should be.

I have 4 wires running from BOB to VFD : +10V , GND , relay COM , relay NO.

the problem is that GND and relay COM have to go the same point of VFD ( GND COM);

On BOB without connecting it to VFD 0-10V analog outputs correct voltage for all given S commands.

When i start the spindle on 6000 relay activates and spindle starts speeding up the voltage somehow gets transfered over to FV from S1 and gets higher then it should be, to around 4V between FV and GND COM.

The way to solve this is obviously to isolate GND from relay COM, but i do not know the way to do it.

If this post is confusing i will record a video to demonstrate what is the problem.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    The Breakout Board needs 12v or more for the PWM 0-10v to be correct, the VFD Drive +10v is not enough

If you are using Mach3 then you will may have to play with the Pulley Ratio 100Hz PWM setting is also a good starting number

You need the Breakout Board 0-10v working correct before you connect it to the VFD Drive

Do you have a PDF VFD Manual you can post

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    You do have it set for a 2pole motor I assume?
    If not, this could be the issue.
    Nope, i have it set right actually. Thanks anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The Breakout Board needs 12v or more for the PWM 0-10v to be correct, the VFD Drive +10v is not enough

If you are using Mach3 then you will may have to play with the Pulley Ratio 100Hz PWM setting is also a good starting number

You need the Breakout Board 0-10v working correct before you connect it to the VFD Drive

Do you have a PDF VFD Manual you can post
    I have 12v 5A PSU powering BOB. I know about that. Breakout board is working perfectly before it is connected to the VFD. Every voltage is correct and outputs are working as expected.

VFD manual is attached here.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FrisscoCBR View Post
    I have 12v 5A PSU powering BOB. I know about that. Breakout board is working perfectly before it is connected to the VFD. Every voltage is correct and outputs are working as expected.

VFD manual is attached here.
    So what are you using the +10v for this should not be used anywhere, in your setup

Your VFD Has Com and Ground connections they need to be used correctly

FV -- Ground connection

S1 -- Com connection

Last edited by mactec54; 07-06-2021 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added more content
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

This is my take on it:

If you're using voltage for speed control:
    It looks to me as though the voltage 0-10v goes into FV
    The ground goes into GND

If you're using a PID frequency:
    It's FI & GND..... (pulse/direction?)

The connection marked 10v looks to be an output to send power to a potentiometer for stand alone control of FI and GND.

connect S1 to relay for M3
    connect S2 to nothing for M4
    Change 1 to low and 1 to high in Mach3. One of them will go on and one will go off when called for M3/M4. Depending on which direction you want to run, swap these over until it's correct.

S1/S2 will be + voltage..... COM will be - voltage.

That's how I would do it anyway but I can't guarantee this is all correct.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    This is my take on it:

If you're using voltage for speed control:
    It looks to me as though the voltage 0-10v goes into FV
    The ground goes into GND

If you're using a PID frequency:
    It's FI & GND..... (pulse/direction?)

The connection marked 10v looks to be an output to send power to a potentiometer for stand alone control of FI and GND.

connect S1 to relay for M3
    connect S2 to nothing for M4
    Change 1 to low and 1 to high in Mach3. One of them will go on and one will go off when called for M3/M4. Depending on which direction you want to run, swap these over until it's correct.

S1/S2 will be + voltage..... COM will be - voltage.

That's how I would do it anyway but I can't guarantee this is all correct.
    No guarantee what you posted is correct, confusion is a problem with posts like this

PID has nothing to do with this type of control it is PWM to Analog 0-10v output nothing more to it

Mactec54

Hello,

Did you solve the issue you have with this VFD?

I bought the same from Vallder but I use a USB Mach3 controller instead of the one you use.
    However, I deal with a similar problem. VFD works ok through panel commands, however, I can't make it run through terminals. I can see frequency changing on the VDF screen, but the motor is not running. As far as I understand, it seems that start/stop is failing as there is no current on motor leads.

Hvala.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NikolajSim View Post
    Hello,

Did you solve the issue you have with this VFD?

I bought the same from Vallder but I use a USB Mach3 controller instead of the one you use.
    However, I deal with a similar problem. VFD works ok through panel commands, however, I can't make it run through terminals. I can see frequency changing on the VDF screen, but the motor is not running. As far as I understand, it seems that start/stop is failing as there is no current on motor leads.

Hvala.
    Do you have a relay, on an output, from your control, if so this would connect to S1 and com, this is just a switch no voltage required

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Do you have a relay, on an output, from your control, if so this would connect to S1 and com, this is just a switch no voltage required
    Thanks for the hint! I have added a relay and changed output 1 to output 3 as this one is "on/off". Outputs 1 and 2 gave me PWM based on spindle speed so it couldn't activate a relay.