Need Help! Mach3 resetting

Thread: Mach3 resetting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 resetting

I have a crazy problem so please bear with me.
    I recently up graded my cnc router to a 2.2k water cooled spindle and a matching 3 phase Variable Frequency Drive. The Spindale and VFD are completely on their own electrical circuit.
    The X, Y and Z motors, drivers and power supply are on their own circuit.
    I’m using a SainSmart 5 Axis ST-V3 Breakout Board. The VFD and Spindale is not connected to the BOB with any wires (I set it up to control it manually)
    Here’s my problem; after turning everything on, everything is fine but when I hit run on my Spindle it trips a reset in Mach3. Does anyone having any idea what would be causing the reset and how to correct it?
    Thanks
    kabbarnes

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 resetting

Quote Originally Posted by kabbarnes View Post
    I have a crazy problem so please bear with me.
    I recently up graded my cnc router to a 2.2k water cooled spindle and a matching 3 phase Variable Frequency Drive. The Spindale and VFD are completely on their own electrical circuit.
    The X, Y and Z motors, drivers and power supply are on their own circuit.
    I’m using a SainSmart 5 Axis ST-V3 Breakout Board. The VFD and Spindale is not connected to the BOB with any wires (I set it up to control it manually)
    Here’s my problem; after turning everything on, everything is fine but when I hit run on my Spindle it trips a reset in Mach3. Does anyone having any idea what would be causing the reset and how to correct it?
    Thanks
    kabbarnes
    Yes you have a noise problem, either from poor Grounding or shielded cable not being correctly Grounded

When you say you have a separate supply for the spindle, you can not use a separate supply as this will give you a Ground loop your machine can only have ( 1 ) power supply source

So what cable are you using from the VFD Drive to the spindle???

Have you checked the 4th pin in the spindle plug to see it it has continuity to the spindle body, most don't and this need to be corrected ???

Need to see photos to be able to help get you going

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help. I found the problem. I ran a new circuit (120V) for the Drivers, Motors, Power Supplies and the computer and now is everything is working perfectly. The VFD is still on it's own 220V circuit and for now until I purchase a Smooth Stepper, I'll continue to run the Spindle manually. This is what I love about this Site, someone is always welling to help.
    Thanks again
    kabbarnes

Downloads
    Uploads

...never enough time to do it right the first time. (old Air Force Maintenance joke)

Luckly your machine doesnt have to fly so, what ever it takes to get it running is up to you. Like mactec said photos speak volumes when troubleshooting wiring. EMI is another area that maybe causing problems too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...d_interference
    goodluck

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kabbarnes View Post
    Thanks for your help. I found the problem. I ran a new circuit (120V) for the Drivers, Motors, Power Supplies and the computer and now is everything is working perfectly. The VFD is still on it's own 220V circuit and for now until I purchase a Smooth Stepper, I'll continue to run the Spindle manually. This is what I love about this Site, someone is always welling to help.
    Thanks again
    kabbarnes
    As I said you can not have a 120v circuit and a 240v as separate circuits for the same machine you will create a Ground loop by doing this, and you don't want to do that, even if it is temporary

You need to use the 240v circuit and split it for the 120v supply where it is needed, so you need a 4 wire 240v supply ( 2 ) Hot a Neutral and Ground this will give you 240v /120v supply

Mactec54