Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed


Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Default Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

    I have a 2.2kw single to three phase 240 v VFD Series A2 running a 2.2kw water cooled spindle, speed 8000 to 24000 rpm 400hz.
    I have read through this thread and figure that I had better ask what parameters are required to make the spindle run rather than release more of the magic smoke. The VFD parameters are listed as Pn01 etc.
    When I get the spindle turning using VFD panel, then I will work on controlling it from Mach 3.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers from down under.

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12538
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesterz View Post
    I have a 2.2kw single to three phase 240 v VFD Series A2 running a 2.2kw water cooled spindle, speed 8000 to 24000 rpm 400hz.
    I have read through this thread and figure that I had better ask what parameters are required to make the spindle run rather than release more of the magic smoke. The VFD parameters are listed as Pn01 etc.
    When I get the spindle turning using VFD panel, then I will work on controlling it from Mach 3.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers from down under.
    I will look to see what I have on that drive, as long as all the main Parameters are set to 400Hz and the minimum speed is set to 120Hz you won't be far away, in the run profile just make sure there are no 50Hz anywhere

    Mactec54


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

    I can get the VFD to start & run up to 24000 rpm without the spindle but when spindle is connected I get error OC-u, Acceleration over currency, cause "small acceleration time or component fail, diagnosis "increase acceleration time. I have the following parameters set.
    Pn01 Display 24000
    Pn02 Initial start 400
    Pn03 Source of runtime frequency2 (from panel button)
    Pn04 Source of runtime command 1 (from panel)
    Pn05 clockwise or counter clock 1 (clockwise)
    Pn06 Method to stop 1 stop by itself
    Pn07 Start again by external signal 1 (disable)
    Pn08 Acceleration time 100 (I started with 20 & went upwards but that did not help)
    Pn09 Deceleration time 20
    Pn10 Max run time freq 400
    Pn11 Min run time freq 120
    Pn12 Motor rating freq 400
    Pn13 Torque compensation 0 (possible range 0-4)
    Pn14 Torque compensation freq 400
    Pn15 Startup DC braking voltage 30 (this was taken from default value in manual but range is 1 to 100)
    Pn16 Startup DC braking time 0. Taken from default again but range is 0 - 650 seconds
    Pn17 Stop Dc braking voltage 30. As for Pn16.
    Pn18 Stop braking DC voltage 0. Taken from default. Range is 0-650.
    Pn19 Source of multi segment speed 2 (panel button)
    Pn20 Multi segment speed 1 frequency 10. taken from default.
    Pn21 Multi segment speed 2 frequency 20. Taken from default
    Pn22 Multi segment speed 3 frequency 30. Taken from default.
    Pn23 Multi segment speed 4 frequency 40. Taken from default.
    Pn24 Multi segment speed 5 frequency 50. Taken from default.
    Pn25 Multi segment speed 6 frequency 60. Taken from default.
    Pn26 Multi segment speed 7 frequency 70. Taken from default.
    Pn27 Point move frequency 10. Taken from degault.
    Pn28 Choice of relay output 3 taken from default. Options 1 = stop inverter, 2 = run inverter, 3 = inverter fault, 4 = freq increasing, 5 = freq decreasing, 6 = freq reached.
    Pn29 2nd acceleration time 2. Taken from default.
    Pn30 2nd deceleration time 2. Taken from default.
    Pn31 2nd deceleration stop freq1. Taken from default. (""When runtime freq is larger than this value, acceleration/deceleration time is defined by Pn08,Pn09."")
    Pn32 Parameter management 1. Taken from default. Options 1 = modification enable, 2 = modification disable, 3 = initialization for 400hz parameters, 4 = read OEM initialization parameter, 6 = initialization for 50hz parameters. NOTE password for the OEM parameter is 61633.

    When I have tried to run the spindle it does move about 5 degrees. I have checked that the cable to the spindle is connected to correct pins & also correctly connected to VFD. I have earthed pin 4 on spindle to a screw under spindle cap.

    I am stumped. Any checking of these parameters would be truly appreciated.



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12538
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesterz View Post
    I can get the VFD to start & run up to 24000 rpm without the spindle but when spindle is connected I get error OC-u, Acceleration over currency, cause "small acceleration time or component fail, diagnosis "increase acceleration time. I have the following parameters set.
    Pn01 Display 24000
    Pn02 Initial start 400
    Pn03 Source of runtime frequency2 (from panel button)
    Pn04 Source of runtime command 1 (from panel)
    Pn05 clockwise or counter clock 1 (clockwise)
    Pn06 Method to stop 1 stop by itself
    Pn07 Start again by external signal 1 (disable)
    Pn08 Acceleration time 100 (I started with 20 & went upwards but that did not help)
    Pn09 Deceleration time 20
    Pn10 Max run time freq 400
    Pn11 Min run time freq 120
    Pn12 Motor rating freq 400
    Pn13 Torque compensation 0 (possible range 0-4)
    Pn14 Torque compensation freq 400
    Pn15 Startup DC braking voltage 30 (this was taken from default value in manual but range is 1 to 100)
    Pn16 Startup DC braking time 0. Taken from default again but range is 0 - 650 seconds
    Pn17 Stop Dc braking voltage 30. As for Pn16.
    Pn18 Stop braking DC voltage 0. Taken from default. Range is 0-650.
    Pn19 Source of multi segment speed 2 (panel button)
    Pn20 Multi segment speed 1 frequency 10. taken from default.
    Pn21 Multi segment speed 2 frequency 20. Taken from default
    Pn22 Multi segment speed 3 frequency 30. Taken from default.
    Pn23 Multi segment speed 4 frequency 40. Taken from default.
    Pn24 Multi segment speed 5 frequency 50. Taken from default.
    Pn25 Multi segment speed 6 frequency 60. Taken from default.
    Pn26 Multi segment speed 7 frequency 70. Taken from default.
    Pn27 Point move frequency 10. Taken from degault.
    Pn28 Choice of relay output 3 taken from default. Options 1 = stop inverter, 2 = run inverter, 3 = inverter fault, 4 = freq increasing, 5 = freq decreasing, 6 = freq reached.
    Pn29 2nd acceleration time 2. Taken from default.
    Pn30 2nd deceleration time 2. Taken from default.
    Pn31 2nd deceleration stop freq1. Taken from default. (""When runtime freq is larger than this value, acceleration/deceleration time is defined by Pn08,Pn09."")
    Pn32 Parameter management 1. Taken from default. Options 1 = modification enable, 2 = modification disable, 3 = initialization for 400hz parameters, 4 = read OEM initialization parameter, 6 = initialization for 50hz parameters. NOTE password for the OEM parameter is 61633.

    When I have tried to run the spindle it does move about 5 degrees. I have checked that the cable to the spindle is connected to correct pins & also correctly connected to VFD. I have earthed pin 4 on spindle to a screw under spindle cap.

    I am stumped. Any checking of these parameters would be truly appreciated.
    Pn14 may be your problem set it low like 100 to start may even need to be lower

    Pn19=1

    Pn03=1

    Mactec54


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Pn14 may be your problem set it low like 100 to start may even need to be lower

    Pn19=1

    Pn03=1
    I tried the settings above to no avail. I have finally received a reply from the supplier to set Pn11 from 120 to 1.5 & IT TURNS.????
    I now have pn14 = 50
    Pn19=1
    Pn3 = 2
    On 11= 1.5
    Now to hookup the water pump, Mach 3 & computer& get steppers moving.
    I have the breakout board & VFD panel as per pics but I have no definite details on what is connected where. This VFD uses different pin naming to any info I can find on wiring.
    I want to stop and start & control spindle speed through Mach3.
    Can I be bold enough to ask for my hand to be held again??????????

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed-image-jpg   Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed-image-jpg   Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed-e4d85674-21ac-4a9d-adf0-5bd7f3c0cf37-jpeg  


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12538
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesterz View Post
    I tried the settings above to no avail. I have finally received a reply from the supplier to set Pn11 from 120 to 1.5 & IT TURNS.????
    I now have pn14 = 50
    Pn19=1
    Pn3 = 2
    On 11= 1.5
    Now to hookup the water pump, Mach 3 & computer& get steppers moving.
    I have the breakout board & VFD panel as per pics but I have no definite details on what is connected where. This VFD uses different pin naming to any info I can find on wiring.
    I want to stop and start & control spindle speed through Mach3.
    Can I be bold enough to ask for my hand to be held again??????????
    That is not so good Pn11=1.5 this means you have not minimum speed protection which can end in a damaged spindle

    So get the Breakout board Relay turning on off with Mach3 when you do a MDI M3 for On and a M5 for Off once you have that working then you can connect to the VFD Drive FWD and GND to the Relay output, where it says spindle On/Off on the Breakout Board connections

    Will need to change PN04=2 for the FWD to work

    We will get to the speed control once you have this working

    Mactec54


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed

Chinese A2-8022m VFD help needed