Need Help! Lagunmatic 250 Vertical Milling mc - Fried my Spindle VFD

Thread: Lagunmatic 250 Vertical Milling mc - Fried my Spindle VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lagunmatic 250 Vertical Milling mc - Fried my Spindle VFD

Not sure what happened. I have been milling pretty heavy parts for more than a year now, but yesterday I changed tools and then the spindle would not start. I have eliminated my Centroid control system, checked the resistance between all three phases (1.2, 1.1, 1.2ohms) but the VFD still displays err1 (overload). So I will change it. Initially, I though I heard fans in the VFD, but with the box shut I did not noticed when they stopped. They don't run now. The VFD itself was not excessively warm. It does not smell like something burned. The spindle drive was hot, but I could keep my fingers on it - so I don't think it got over 40C. I had it cranked to 75Hz in the operation before it stopped.

I need some advice.

The spindle is 7.5kW 3 ph wired 240v. I had it connected to a 7.5kW 1ph to 3ph vfd. The VFD was controlled by the Centroid controller. I had the max frequency set to 75Hz.

The mill does have a manual speed control, but I'd rather use a VFD to control the speed from the program rather than manually cranking a speed change when required.

What VFD do I need?