Huanyang GT series VFD speed control, UC300eth and uccnc

Thread: Huanyang GT series VFD speed control, UC300eth and uccnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang GT series VFD speed control, UC300eth and uccnc

Hey everyone,
    I'm setting up my VFD and spindle... both 2.2kw 220v and I have a question in regards to speed control. I tried looking for the answer without any luck... I'm able to control the speed with the potentiometer with the jumper installed on J1 1-2 but uccnc won't control the speed. If I remove the jumper from J1 obviously the potentiometer stops working but I can control the speed with uccnc. Is there a way to have both working simultaneously?

Also, what can cause the VFD to not be able to control the spindle in vector mode?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang GT series VFD speed control, UC300eth and uccnc

Quote Originally Posted by frank_n View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm setting up my VFD and spindle... both 2.2kw 220v and I have a question in regards to speed control. I tried looking for the answer without any luck... I'm able to control the speed with the potentiometer with the jumper installed on J1 1-2 but uccnc won't control the speed. If I remove the jumper from J1 obviously the potentiometer stops working but I can control the speed with uccnc. Is there a way to have both working simultaneously?

Also, what can cause the VFD to not be able to control the spindle in vector mode?

Thanks
    The Vector control does not work for these High frequency spindles

The J1 jumper should always be in one of the positions it should not be removed completely

You can't have both, Pot ( manual ) control is when you use the Key pad, remote control the pot does not work although I found a way to make it work on a regular Huanyang VFD Drive I will check and see but normally you can't have both

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang GT series VFD speed control, UC300eth and uccnc

Thanks for the info Mactec54...

Explains why I couldn't get it to work with the vector control turned on.

The J1 jumper had two jumpers installed... it's a 4 prong jumper. When I removed the top jumper that's when I was able to control the speed from uccnc but lost control from the potentiometer.