Is it possible to buy low rpm spindles in the Ireland/UK

Thread: Is it possible to buy low rpm spindles in the Ireland/UK

Default Is it possible to buy low rpm spindles in the Ireland/UK

I'm looking for spindles capable of cutting steel but the ones I've found on amazon only work properly at rpms that are too high to cut steel properly. They work but badly. The issue is thy have to be at least 8000rpm to get access to any power... I've presumed that other companies solve this with a gear box but that solution would be a tedious for me and isn't ideal. Any ideas? I'm based in Ireland so it would be great if I didn't have to order from America or China. I'm not a fan of Alibaba, Aliexpress or even bangood due to bad experiences.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is it possible to buy low rpm spindles in the Ireland/UK

look at emgprecision.com based in UK, ask for a 6 poled spindle, should handle steel but does not have as high rpm (i belive 8 or 12000 is max)

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

You haven't mentioned your price range, Hiteco has a full range of spindles and they are based in Italy, if you wanna save some $$ you can get some really good spindles or motorized spindles from CTB servo, That's chinese but you can buy directly from them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by David_Nolan View Post
    I'm looking for spindles capable of cutting steel but the ones I've found on amazon only work properly at rpms that are too high to cut steel properly. They work but badly. The issue is thy have to be at least 8000rpm to get access to any power... I've presumed that other companies solve this with a gear box but that solution would be a tedious for me and isn't ideal. Any ideas? I'm based in Ireland so it would be great if I didn't have to order from America or China. I'm not a fan of Alibaba, Aliexpress or even bangood due to bad experiences.
    Yes the same manufactures that make the 2 Pole 24,000 RPM spindles, make a 4 Pole water cooled spindles that has a max RPM of 12,000 so can go down quite low and still have good torque to cut steel

Mactec54

Cheers guys, price range is around 300 Euro.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by David_Nolan View Post
    Cheers guys, price range is around 300 Euro.
    you will not be cutting steel with that, you may be able to scrape the the rust off a bit but that's it.