Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues

Thread: Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues

Hi Guys,
    got an issue with the correct wiring for the mb2 to my new huanyang 3kw vfd. I have been at it for 2 days now! can anyone please explain the connections between the anaspeed circuit on the MB2, and the terminals on the VFD? I get no response from the vfd even though I've been over the wiring and programming so many times my head hurts!
    Tried rs485 and modbus but i get no joy with that either!
    Tim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues

Quote Originally Posted by barneskite View Post
    Hi Guys,
    got an issue with the correct wiring for the mb2 to my new huanyang 3kw vfd. I have been at it for 2 days now! can anyone please explain the connections between the anaspeed circuit on the MB2, and the terminals on the VFD? I get no response from the vfd even though I've been over the wiring and programming so many times my head hurts!
    Tried rs485 and modbus but i get no joy with that either!
    Tim
    Have you connected the 10v supply from the VFD Drive to the AH terminal

Are you sure you have a genuine Huanyang VFD Drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Have you connected the 10v supply from the VFD Drive to the AH terminal

Are you sure you have a genuine Huanyang VFD Drive
    Yes i conneted 10~+ to the ah terminal, AL to the acm

Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding genuine... not sure

Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding genuine... not sure
    Do the programing parameters start with a PD if so then it should be genuine, a photo of the terminals will also tell if it is as this is the most telling part

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Do the programing parameters start with a PD if so then it should be genuine, a photo of the terminals will also tell if it is as this is the most telling part
    Yes the programming all starts with PD, i think it is genuine

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes the programming all starts with PD, i think it is genuine
    So can you run the VFD Drive by it self and control the speed in Keypad mode

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So can you run the VFD Drive by it self and control the speed in Keypad mode
    Yes, can run with keypad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, can run with keypad.
    Ok
    So now you need to test the output from the Breakout Board on terminals AO and AL this needs to have a changing voltage 0-10v over the speed range so M3S12000 should give you close to 5v if not then you have settings in the control to setup to get this working once you have that working then connect it to the VFD Drive, then the drive Parameters and J1 jumper will have to change from manual control to remote control

Connect only after you have the 0-10v working

AO to VI
    AL to ACM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok
    So now you need to test the output from the Breakout Board on terminals AO and AL this needs to have a changing voltage 0-10v over the speed range so M3S12000 should give you close to 5v if not then you have settings in the control to setup to get this working once you have that working then connect it to the VFD Drive, then the drive Parameters and J1 jumper will have to change from manual control to remote control

Connect only after you have the 0-10v working

AO to VI
    AL to ACM
    So I stripped the wiring out, and started again... The lights on the mb2 are functioning normally, I have set of 02 pd02 both to 1..pd044 to 1.,. No action

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues-img_20210124_101346-jpg   Huanyang VFD, Mach4, mb2ess issues-img_20210124_101248-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So I stripped the wiring out, and started again... The lights on the mb2 are functioning normally, I have set of 02 pd02 both to 1..pd044 to 1.,. No action
    You have not said if the AO and AL connection / output is changing voltage, when you change the speed you have to check this with a meter at the Breakout Board lights don't mean that it is working correctly

Also check the NO1 and CM1 with a meter to see if it is opening and closing when you use a M3S12000 command in MDI mode

Leave PD044 at the default this does not need to be changed normally PD044=02

These are the VFD Parameters to be set to make it run by remote control

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    J1 Jumper Pins 1-2 / VI
    PD070=0
    PD072=400
    PD073=120

You have not said what your Spindle / Motor spec's are so these Parameter settings may be incorrect for your Spindle / Motor

To check the VFD Drive you can add a jumper to FOR and DCM this will start the VFD Drive in Remote control if the Parameters are set correct this can only be a test using a Jumper

IF your VFD Drive Terminals have DCM then the Connection should be FOR and DCM

You have it connected to FOR and ACM it needs to be FOR and DCM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You have not said if the AO and AL connection / output is changing voltage, when you change the speed you have to check this with a meter at the Breakout Board lights don't mean that it is working correctly

Also check the NO1 and CM1 with a meter to see if it is opening and closing when you use a M3S12000 command in MDI mode

Leave PD044 at the default this does not need to be changed normally PD044=02

These are the VFD Parameters to be set to make it run by remote control

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    J1 Jumper Pins 1-2 / VI
    PD070=0
    PD072=400
    PD073=120

You have not said what your Spindle / Motor spec's are so these Parameter settings may be incorrect for your Spindle / Motor

To check the VFD Drive you can add a jumper to FOR and DCM this will start the VFD Drive in Remote control if the Parameters are set correct this can only be a test using a Jumper

IF your VFD Drive Terminals have DCM then the Connection should be FOR and DCM

You have it connected to FOR and ACM it needs to be FOR and DCM
    Ok, so finally got there, it was the DCM that i was missing! thanks for your help!

Now i need to control relays to activate solenoids. I have attached a relay 24v (mb2) - A1__ A2- y302 (MB2). I can see the light coming on/off but the relay is always energised??? Tried a few relays now and same result. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, so finally got there, it was the DCM that i was missing! thanks for your help!

Now i need to control relays to activate solenoids. I have attached a relay 24v (mb2) - A1__ A2- y302 (MB2). I can see the light coming on/off but the relay is always energised??? Tried a few relays now and same result. Any ideas?
    Check that there is no voltage on the the input to the relay this will be controlled in the software

Check that you are not connected to a NC Relay, you need to connect to a NO Relay connection and when it powers on it will close and activate your solenoids

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Check that there is no voltage on the the input to the relay this will be controlled in the software

Check that you are not connected to a NC Relay, you need to connect to a NO Relay connection and when it powers on it will close and activate your solenoids
    Have done so, I was going through the settings with just the relay coil connected, so no load on the switch side. I assumed the sink outputs block the current when not active, and act as a route to gnd/common when active. My thinking being that supply 24v to the coil and gnd to the sink output if that makes sense.. am I correct in thinking this is the right way to do it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Have done so, I was going through the settings with just the relay coil connected, so no load on the switch side. I assumed the sink outputs block the current when not active, and act as a route to gnd/common when active. My thinking being that supply 24v to the coil and gnd to the sink output if that makes sense.. am I correct in thinking this is the right way to do it?
    Did you have a diode across the input if not you may have damaged the output from the Breakout Board some relays have these built in but if you are using a coil type relay and not a SSR then you need what is called a snubber to protect the outputs of your Breakout Board , what you need, a Schottky diode IN5819 or a IN4007 Schottky is better as it has a faster switching time

Depending on what your are switching your VFD Drive has at least 2 Relays that you can switch your relay, which you still want to protect with a Diode across the output from the VFD Drive

Check your Breakout Board Spec's they will list how you have to use the outputs to switch inductive loads, your Relay with a coil has an inductive load, most people don't use this type of Relay and use SSR ( Solid State Relay ) which are already protected

Mactec54