Huanyang P2 vfd 1.5kw RS485 setup - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huanyang P2 vfd 1.5kw RS485 setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang P2 vfd 1.5kw RS485 setup

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There is part of your problem you need 2 Relays ( 1 ) for FWD and ( 1 ) for REV
    You can see this in your manual

DI1 K1 FWD

DI2 K2 REV

COM

These are the connections you need for FWD and REV

You will have some parameters to set as well

I see you are using a different terminal reference X2 have you changed the VFD Drive you are using

That Breakout Board is not going to do what you need, you want one with 2 Relays on
    very true but i just did another trick that worked
    the relay on that bob luckily is a spdt relay, they used 2 pins only, all i needed is to use the 3rd pin
    which means when the relay is off it can be a fw or a rev state to the vfd, not the perfect solution but it worked as it should, now m3 and m4 does work
    thanks a lot for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicman View Post
    very true but i just did another trick that worked
    the relay on that bob luckily is a spdt relay, they used 2 pins only, all i needed is to use the 3rd pin
    which means when the relay is off it can be a fw or a rev state to the vfd, not the perfect solution but it worked as it should, now m3 and m4 does work
    thanks a lot for your help
    Are yes they are all like that, having a NO / NC contact, so yes when one side is open the other side would be closed, the only problem with that is it is, live in one direction at all times not very safe to be like this you need total isolation or the spindle could start unexpectedly

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Are yes they are all like that, having a NO / NC contact, so yes when one side is open the other side would be closed, the only problem with that is it is, live in one direction at all times not very safe to be like this you need total isolation or the spindle could start unexpectedly
    is true, luckily that vfd does turn on without a direction, the relay has to work at least for one time then it is either fw or rev until it is off, so far so good i will keep an eye on it, if it did anything abnormal i will add another relay
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

is true, luckily that vfd does turn on without a direction, the relay has to work at least for one time then it is either fw or rev until it is off, so far so good i will keep an eye on it, if it did anything abnormal i will add another relay
    thanks
    It won't be a problem with the VFD, only the control software where you can get unexpected starts from

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It won't be a problem with the VFD, only the control software where you can get unexpected starts from
    I have not ran any programs yet, but how do you think the unexpected start would come from?
    it has to be a fault on the code right?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not ran any programs yet, but how do you think the unexpected start would come from?
    it has to be a fault on the code right?
    No nothing to do with code EMI noise can turn it on cause false triggers or even when you load your control software, what you basically have is a jumper across the VFD run Terminal and any voltage above 0 can start the spindle this will come from the PWM to analog side of the control or EMI Noise from the VFD Drive

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12