Problem Spindle speed reversed?

Thread: Spindle speed reversed?

Default Spindle speed reversed?

Need some direction with a Sunfar e300 with 1.5 water cooled spindle.

I can turn on/off and adjust the speed of the spindle with Mach3. However, it seems that the spindle speed is somehow reversed.

What do I mean?

Well...
    Let’s say I put in M3S12000. The spindle starts right and spins. I believe the right frequency is 200 for this speed but it’s higher than that (can’t remember exact number right now). Now if I input S18000 while it’s running the frequency will lower (which it should go higher, right?) and the spindle “sounds” like it had decreased its rpm. And if I input S6000 the frequency jumps back up and the spindle sounds like a faster rpm (visually too).

Should I look for a setting in the VFD to be off or something in Mach3 settings (motor tuning, ports/pins, etc.)?

Thanks,
    Kirb

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speed reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirb2 View Post
    Need some direction with a Sunfar e300 with 1.5 water cooled spindle.

I can turn on/off and adjust the speed of the spindle with Mach3. However, it seems that the spindle speed is somehow reversed.

What do I mean?

Well...
    Let’s say I put in M3S12000. The spindle starts right and spins. I believe the right frequency is 200 for this speed but it’s higher than that (can’t remember exact number right now). Now if I input S18000 while it’s running the frequency will lower (which it should go higher, right?) and the spindle “sounds” like it had decreased its rpm. And if I input S6000 the frequency jumps back up and the spindle sounds like a faster rpm (visually too).

Should I look for a setting in the VFD to be off or something in Mach3 settings (motor tuning, ports/pins, etc.)?

Thanks,
    Kirb
    You Have to check to see what the voltage 0-10v is doing from your breakout board this needs to relate to the speed like 12,000 should be around 5v you need to have this working correct before you look at the VFD Drive, there is not much in the VFD normally only 2 Parameters that determine remote use or KeyPad use there are some Frequency Parameters that need to be correct also

So the minimum speed Parameter =100=6000 RPM and the max Parameter=400=24,000 RPM

Mactec54

I believe the parameters are correct. I can check the voltage tomorrow. Just didn’t know if there was a setting in Mach3 that I’d checked or unchecked would reverse the speed — I.e. port/pins under motor output I have dir low active checked (I honestly don’t remember why).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle speed reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirb2 View Post
    I believe the parameters are correct. I can check the voltage tomorrow. Just didn’t know if there was a setting in Mach3 that I’d checked or unchecked would reverse the speed — I.e. port/pins under motor output I have dir low active checked (I honestly don’t remember why).
    The output 0-10v will tell you if you have a problem with Mach3 settings or the Breakout Board so just checking this will tell you

Mactec54

Fixed.
    It was the step low active that I had checked in motor outputs. When I unchecked it and tested it everything worked correctly.

As one who is still learning tons of research and reading and by trial and error, I’m thankful for guys like you who will take the time to comment on posts.