Newbie AC induction motor and a vfd

Thread: AC induction motor and a vfd

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AC induction motor and a vfd

I have a 2HP 2 pole inverter duty induction motor. Its I rated for 440V at 50hz and 3000 rpm.

Now the rated torque is not mentioned, but it would be around 4.78N, gathered from some equations.

What would be the available torque at 25Hz?. Does reducing frequency and speed give more torque?

T= (60000*power)/(2?*RPM)

Does power change with frequency? The RPM reduces, the torque should increase right?

Inverter duty motor, so heat not a problem.it has seperate cooling from factory.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AC induction motor and a vfd

Quote Originally Posted by Akhil View Post
    I have a 2HP 2 pole inverter duty induction motor. Its I rated for 440V at 50hz and 3000 rpm.

Now the rated torque is not mentioned, but it would be around 4.78N, gathered from some equations.

What would be the available torque at 25Hz?. Does reducing frequency and speed give more torque?

T= (60000*power)/(2?*RPM)

Does power change with frequency? The RPM reduces, the torque should increase right?

Inverter duty motor, so heat not a problem.it has seperate cooling from factory.
    Using a normal V/F mode VFD the torque would be half at 25Hz

With a VFD Drive that has Vector Torque control you can achieve a constant torque with more efficiency

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC induction motor and a vfd-vector-mode-png  
    Mactec54