Need Help! heat spindle and incredible inverter...

Thread: heat spindle and incredible inverter...

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy heat spindle and incredible inverter...

Good morning everyone, my name is Luciano and I am writing to you from Italy. I apologize for my English, but I use the google translator.
    A few days ago I purchased a 1.5kw air spindle and this damned inverter, which seems to have only me ... It is very similar to the others, but the menu is different. I attach the pdf manual link.
    http://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/A2%20VFD%20Manual.pdf
    in practice I install the spindle according to instructions, but once in operation, after a maximum of 20 minutes of work, even if light, it becomes very hot. I have looked for information everywhere, but I have not found any solution. Now I have set all the default parameters. I begin to think that it is the defective spindel ... many have tried to help me, but unfortunately the menu is different from the classic inverters from China. Can anyone help me?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heat spindle and incredible inverter...-img_20200604_155526-jpg   heat spindle and incredible inverter...-img_20200604_155440-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: heat spindle and incredible inverter...

How fast is the spindle turning? Spindles like these need to run at a high proportion of their top speed, because they rely on the internal fan for cooling. So the slower it runs, the hotter it will get.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    How fast is the spindle turning? Spindles like these need to run at a high proportion of their top speed, because they rely on the internal fan for cooling. So the slower it runs, the hotter it will get.
    The spindle always works at about 20000 rpm, but after just 15-20 minutes, it is no longer possible to touch it, since it becomes very hot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pasticciere View Post
    The spindle always works at about 20000 rpm, but after just 15-20 minutes, it is no longer possible to touch it, since it becomes very hot.
    Not much to it

Sounds like you have not set the parameters correct what are your spindle spec's 300Hz or 400Hz

Don't run it until we get the Parameters set correct if it is not damaged it will be ok once we set the Parameters

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Not much to it

Sounds like you have not set the parameters correct what are your spindle spec's 300Hz or 400Hz

Don't run it until we get the Parameters set correct if it is not damaged it will be ok once we set the Parameters

Thanks a lot for your reply, Maktec.
    My spindle is 400 hz and the parameters I set are the default ones, which if you have some time, you can read in the pdf link that I posted. I was confronted by another boy, who has my own inverter and spindle, but after hours of work, he heats up very little, while mine after 10 minutes becomes very hot, so much so that he cannot touch it by hand.
    I think I'll send it back to get a water spindle and I'd like to do it before it catches fire. : D
    However in the case, if you want to take a look at the manual, with the default data, could you give me your opinion on the parameters?
    I thank you for your availability.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot for your reply, Maktec.
    My spindle is 400 hz and the parameters I set are the default ones, which if you have some time, you can read in the pdf link that I posted. I was confronted by another boy, who has my own inverter and spindle, but after hours of work, he heats up very little, while mine after 10 minutes becomes very hot, so much so that he cannot touch it by hand.
    I think I'll send it back to get a water spindle and I'd like to do it before it catches fire. : D
    However in the case, if you want to take a look at the manual, with the default data, could you give me your opinion on the parameters?
    I thank you for your availability.
    Depends on which default setting you used if you used Default 3and set Parameter PN32=3 then you should be able to run but if you left it at the default 1 then you will for sure have over heating

So check each of these Parameters it only takes one to cause the over heating

Pn02=400

Pn10=400

Pn11=200 150 to 200 minimum speed for your spindle depending on temperature of the spindle

Pn12=400

Pn14=400 max ( Default =500 )

Pn15=0 ( Default=30 )

Pn32=3

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Depends on which default setting you used if you used Default 3and set Parameter PN32=3 then you should be able to run but if you left it at the default 1 then you will for sure have over heating

So check each of these Parameters it only takes one to cause the over heating

Pn02=400

Pn10=400

Pn11=200 150 to 200 minimum speed for your spindle depending on temperature of the spindle

Pn12=400

Pn14=400 max ( Default =500 )

Pn15=0 ( Default=30 )

Pn32=3
    Hi, thank you for passing me the values ??to try. Tomorrow morning I will try them and keep you updated! I apologize for replying just now, but I was away on business. Thanks again and we feel very soon, so I can tell you if it worked !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Here I am. I tried your parameters, but unfortunately, ten minutes, the spindle always becomes very hot.
    with pn32 you can choose 1 (to modify) 2 (to block the changes) 3 (to set the 400hz by default).
    I tried all the parameters you gave me, but unfortunately, it always gets extremely hot, in no time. I will send him back, with amazon.
    I don't see any other solutions.

Last edited by Pasticciere; 06-07-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here I am. I tried your parameters, but unfortunately, ten minutes, the spindle always becomes very hot.
    with pn32 you can choose 1 (to modify) 2 (to block the changes) 3 (to set the 400hz by default).
    I tried all the parameters you gave me, but unfortunately, it always gets extremely hot, in no time. I will send him back, with amazon.
    I don't see any other solutions.
    It is possible that the damage was already done from using incorrect Parameter's

Your Vfd Drive is very poor as well I would not advise anyone to buy this VFD Drive for these High speed Spindles it is one of the worst Drive there is

If you don't set the correct Parameters the first time you power up your spindle motor you will damage it, so be aware the some thing will happen if you don't set the correct Parameters

Post a photo of your wiring this may also be a problem

Mactec54