Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD

Thread: Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD

Hi all - the VFD in question is a DZB312B003.7L2DK - it's on a 1325 CNC router my workplace has just bought, and it had that godawful RichAuto A11 controller attached to it. I'm fitting a 990MDb controller to it - I've got motion sorted (and even a pendant handwheel, which is nice), and I'll have the endstops and lubrication systems hooked in tomorrow. However, I'd like a fuller control over the vFD than the RichAuto system had - it was set up to have a set of fixed speeds using the switched presets. Ideally, I want the controller I'm using (which is far more advanced) to talk to the 10v input if I can, so I can set actual speeds - if I can double up and set the 'gear' ratios and the 10v feed, that'd be great.

Does anyone have any info on these VFDs, to ease the setup process a bit?

Thanks,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD

Quote Originally Posted by GerryG View Post
    Hi all - the VFD in question is a DZB312B003.7L2DK - it's on a 1325 CNC router my workplace has just bought, and it had that godawful RichAuto A11 controller attached to it. I'm fitting a 990MDb controller to it - I've got motion sorted (and even a pendant handwheel, which is nice), and I'll have the endstops and lubrication systems hooked in tomorrow. However, I'd like a fuller control over the vFD than the RichAuto system had - it was set up to have a set of fixed speeds using the switched presets. Ideally, I want the controller I'm using (which is far more advanced) to talk to the 10v input if I can, so I can set actual speeds - if I can double up and set the 'gear' ratios and the 10v feed, that'd be great.

Does anyone have any info on these VFDs, to ease the setup process a bit?

Thanks,
    Does your control have PWM 0-10v analog output once you have that part sorted it is quite easy to connect the VFD Drive to control the speed and the ON / Off , speed control is terminal VI and ACM On / Off is S1 and DCM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Does your control have PWM 0-10v analog output once you have that part sorted it is quite easy to connect the VFD Drive to control the speed and the ON / Off , speed control is terminal VI and ACM On / Off is S1 and DCM
    It does, yes. I was just wondering whether or not it required any arcane settings to be fiddled with. VFDs are one of the more obtuse systems in my experience - there's a lot of settings for a five-digit display. Not really a UI/UX victory, to my mind.
    Still, if it's that easy, that's great. Am I right in assuming that I can just run wires to the same s1-4 sockets to use the predefined speeds as well, if needed, or will the 0-10v cover the full 0-18000rpm without trouble?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GerryG View Post
    It does, yes. I was just wondering whether or not it required any arcane settings to be fiddled with. VFDs are one of the more obtuse systems in my experience - there's a lot of settings for a five-digit display. Not really a UI/UX victory, to my mind.
    Still, if it's that easy, that's great. Am I right in assuming that I can just run wires to the same s1-4 sockets to use the predefined speeds as well, if needed, or will the 0-10v cover the full 0-18000rpm without trouble?
    No once you move to remote control in most VFD Drives the KeyPad then is non functional yes there are some parameters to change may be 2 at most and 0-10v will cover up to 18,000 RPM and if setup correct there is no zero with these spindles there is a minimum speed at which they can run depending on your spindle water cooled or air cooled

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, to follow up on this thread, I've successfully connected the VFD and gotten it running.
    For anyone who is looking to do the same thing with the same kit, I connected the following wires to the VFD sockets:
    0V -> ACM
    10V PWM ->VI
    M03 -> S1
    +24V -> +EV

I have complete variable speed control of the spindle now. If anyone is interested, I'll post the rest of the wiring scheme for the 990MDb controller to the router.

Downloads
    Uploads

@GerryG G'day mate, I am about to undertake similar, however using a DDCS v3.1 controller. Can I ask a couple of questions...

0V -> ACM
    10V PWM ->VI
    M03 -> S1
    +24V -> +EV

Why 24v+ to +EV ??? What does this achieve? Manual is saying "Auxillary Control Power Source" any ideas what this is powering? I have a second 24v PSU dedicated to the IO, I'm assuming this is where I am grabbing the 24v power from.

On that note, did you install a second 24v PSU? My rich Auto only had one to start with.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi @Eyebrow
    The +24V -> +EV line was largely as a result of experimentation. It didn't seem to want to work without it, so I figured that since I had a 24V 50mA line to hand, I'd give it a shot. I suspect it's because the input lines to the controller I'm using tend to pull to ground, so it needs a positive voltage that's part of the same circuit to work properly, but my electrical understanding is a bit sketchy at best.

No, I didn't install a secondary PSU. Thanks to the controller that I'm using, I didn't even need to make use of the one that was mounted in the case - it came with one preinstalled.

Having looked at the documentation for the DDCSv3 (and I'm thotoughly envious of you having documentation that makes sense), it suggests that all it needs is:
    VSO -> AI
    M3 -> FWD
    GND -> CM

Downloads
    Uploads

Good information! Yea I saw your controller has a PSU on the back of it. I have a spare here ready to go, I think the idea is to have a separate PSU for the controller and a separate for the IO. Noise issues I guess....

I ended up making my own spreadsheet picking out all the 'intelligible' parts. Rich Auto > DDCS 3.1. I Would post it here, but its a bit convoluted.

Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD-cnc-jpg

So for me, (Thinking out loud.....)

VSO (Pin 2 on DDCS) -> AI (VI on Fuling)
    M3 (Pin 21 on DDCS) -> FWD (S1 on Fuling)
    GND (Pin 1 on DDCS) -> CM (ACM on Fuling)

Downloads
    Uploads

So after looking at the Fuling Diagram a bit more, it must have something to do with the PNP switch and the Aux Power for that S1 input....like you said, input tied to ground.

Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD-cnc1-jpg

Did you have to make many changes to the VFD config? The only changes I am tracking is:

F0.03 - Set to 1 (VI) For 0-10v control. (Rich Auto uses 4 - Multi Speed.)

As per this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebrow View Post
    So after looking at the Fuling Diagram a bit more, it must have something to do with the PNP switch and the Aux Power for that S1 input....like you said, input tied to ground.

Seting up a Fuling DZB VFD-cnc1-jpg

Did you have to make many changes to the VFD config? The only changes I am tracking is:

F0.03 - Set to 1 (VI) For 0-10v control. (Rich Auto uses 4 - Multi Speed.)

As per this.
    You don't use multi Speed settings if you are using 0-10v control

Most VFD Drives there is only ( 1 ) Parameter that changes from KeyPad use to Remote use, and some have a Jumper or switch that also needs to be changed

24V is only need if you have changed or not changed the PNP or NPN settings as default the VFD Drives use there own power for these switches so no 24v supply is needed, an easy way to test is to jumper S1 to DCM this will turn the VFD Drive on

Mactec54

Hi People, Sorry. to interrupt but any of you have access to the 1325 CNC router manuals? Thanks
    LC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by luiscarloscastellanos View Post
    Hi People, Sorry. to interrupt but any of you have access to the 1325 CNC router manuals? Thanks
    LC
    Please start your own topic in the appropriate forum. This forum is for spindles and VFD's. You need to post in the Manuals forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec for the info, yep, I'm pretty sure its just the one setting to take it from multi speed control to 0-10v. I am not quiet upto that part yet. Still trying to get full movement and endstops working on x,y,z.
    It seems the Rich Auto was using a 3 wire approach for each stepper. 5v, Pul and Dir. The DDCS is after 4 pins. So I assumed that jumpering the 5v to Dir+, Pul+ was the go, then using the Dir- and Pul-. At present I get movement only in one direction.
    I'll hopefully get some more time soon to work on it. It could be a setting in the controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't have to change any settings in the VFD - I did the wiring I mentioned, and it worked.
    As for the whole shared 5v on Pul+ and Dir+, are you just using the wires that were plugged in to the RichAuto, or are you talking about wiring directly to the motor drivers? I'd wire straight to the motor drivers - you've got a direct like-for-like wiring convention there, as opposed to the weird halfarsery that the RichAuto interface indulges in.