Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup

Thread: Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup

Hi all,

Since yesterday I've a problem on my Huanyang vfd, type HY04D023B. It worked for the last year perfectly but now it stopped working and I didn't change anything on my cnc machine.
    When I plug in the vfd it starts up like normal and I can control it for a couple of seconds, after that it freezes up. In the couple of seconds I have I managed to do a factory reset (PD013 and put it to 8) but that also didn't help. I fully disconected the vfd and only connected the power supply, but still the same issue. Depending on the moment it freezes the display shows someting else: "r0000", "r0195", ....

Video (in Onedrive, file was too big to upload): https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai9wl8B8opyFgbFp...tRK-w?e=6THGPH

Someone an idea what could cause this?

Kind regards,
    Jef Van Gorp

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup

Quote Originally Posted by JefVanGorp View Post
    Hi all,

Since yesterday I've a problem on my Huanyang vfd, type HY04D023B. It worked for the last year perfectly but now it stopped working and I didn't change anything on my cnc machine.
    When I plug in the vfd it starts up like normal and I can control it for a couple of seconds, after that it freezes up. In the couple of seconds I have I managed to do a factory reset (PD013 and put it to 8) but that also didn't help. I fully disconected the vfd and only connected the power supply, but still the same issue. Depending on the moment it freezes the display shows someting else: "r0000", "r0195", ....

Video (in Onedrive, file was too big to upload): https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai9wl8B8opyFgbFp...tRK-w?e=6THGPH

Someone an idea what could cause this?

Kind regards,
    Jef Van Gorp
    When you say you plug it in, are you plugging this in to an outlet or is it wired into the main power supply if you have been plugging it in then you most likely have damaged the VFD Drive

You should never do a reset unless you are having a Parameter setting problem, those also are not fault codes you are seeing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup-pluging-unpluging-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang vfd freezes couple of seconds after startup

Hi,

That is indeed probably the cause then. I connected a power plug to the VFD which I used to power off the VFD (when the motor already stopped).
    But how do you then turn off the VFD? Otherwise the fan is running the whole time.

Kind regards,
    Jef Van Gorp