MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!


Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    I was hoping someone could help! I've been manually turning on my spindle from the panel. I would like to have mach3 control it. Is it possible with my setup. Thanks so much guys! File for my breakout board is included.

    MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-controll-2-jpgMACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-3-jpgMACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-1-jpg

    Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-controll-2-jpg   MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-3-jpg   MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-1-jpg   MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-3rd_5axis_breakout_board_set_user_manual-pdf  



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10953
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by radboi22 View Post
    I was hoping someone could help! I've been manually turning on my spindle from the panel. I would like to have mach3 control it. Is it possible with my setup. Thanks so much guys! File for my breakout board is included.

    MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-controll-2-jpgMACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-3-jpgMACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-control-1-jpg
    FWD and Ground would connect to the Relay this would have no power on the relay output this works just as a switch you may have to change some VFD Drive Parameters for this also

    I don't see a PWM 0-10v output so you may not be able to do the speed control but you should be able to turn it On / Off with Mach3

    If you have a meter you can check the Relay to and get that working before you connect it to the VFD Drive

    Mactec54


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    So I would hook the relay up to the FWD? Thanks for the info, if anyone out there knows how to wire up the variable speed that would be awesome!



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10953
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by radboi22 View Post
    So I would hook the relay up to the FWD? Thanks for the info, if anyone out there knows how to wire up the variable speed that would be awesome!
    Yes FWD and GND Terminals for the Relay connection

    It's in your manual you posted but this may only be a 0-5v output, so you may need a another PWM 0-10v Breakout Board that is controlled by the B Axis output

    "The 5th Axis(B Axis) on the breakout board can be used as a PWM signal output interface for the control of frequency inverter and spindle via software(E.g. Mach3...), to make spindle's speed adjustable." so you may need to

    You would have to supply more information what is the VFD Drive is or manual for the VFD Drive then I can tell you what needs to be connected and Parameter's that need to be changed

    Why do you have the 12v Out connected on the VFD Drive this could damage your Breakout board if not connected in the correct place

    Mactec54


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    I was able to get the spindle to turn on and off in Mach3, which is fantastic! The VFD is the ASKPOWER vfd, 12v is for a cooling fan unrelated to the board. Unfortunately B is in use as a slave. I can deal with manually changing speed, just having it turn on is a great improvement.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!-askpower-a131-vfd-userguide-pdf  


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10953
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by radboi22 View Post
    I was able to get the spindle to turn on and off in Mach3, which is fantastic! The VFD is the ASKPOWER vfd, 12v is for a cooling fan unrelated to the board. Unfortunately B is in use as a slave. I can deal with manually changing speed, just having it turn on is a great improvement.
    So if you are slaving X or Y with the B axis then just connect both motors to the same Port ( 1 ) motor will be reversed most likely though, so you would wire ( 1 )the way it is and the other would be wired reverse of the first motor,so that it runs the correct way do a test with the motors not connected to your machine

    This will free up your B axis port so you can add a step /Dir to PWM 0-10v or 0-5v analog output Board for your speed control your VFD can use 0-5v or 0-10v for the speed control

    Mactec54


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!

MACH3 to RUN MY SPINDLE, HELP PLEASE!