Need Help! vfd mach3 problem

Thread: vfd mach3 problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default vfd mach3 problem

Hello, I have built a cnc table with a nvum as controlboard and a 1.5kw water-cooled spindle controlled by a VFD. Now I have the problem that when I turn on the spindle, my usb control board stops working. what could be the problem? I hope you can help me with this problem

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: vfd mach3 problem

Classic interference from the VFD there have been many threads covering this do a quick search. I had exactly similar issues with my Chinese VFD and the Easy Stepper needed to isolate the mains supply with an inline filter and move the ESS further away. Make sure the cable going to the spindle motor is shielded cable grounded at the VFD side and also make sure the VFD is grounded to the main supply.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by koendersav View Post
    Hello, I have built a cnc table with a nvum as controlboard and a 1.5kw water-cooled spindle controlled by a VFD. Now I have the problem that when I turn on the spindle, my usb control board stops working. what could be the problem? I hope you can help me with this problem
    Could be an easy fix but would depend on how you have the spindle and VFD Drive wired Post some photos and I will tell you what you need to do

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

All the gear is connected to the same ground. without starting the VFD, the cnc machine works just fine but when i start the spindle, mach3 first tell that the usb device is reconnected and not working good at all

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by koendersav View Post

All the gear is connected to the same ground. without starting the VFD, the cnc machine works just fine but when i start the spindle, mach3 first tell that the usb device is reconnected and not working good at all
    Start By adding a Power Filter close to the VFD Drive input Power supply and connect R and T Terminals for the VFD Drive input power supply

Here is the EMI power filter I recommend for this

TDK RSEN-20-30

Is your USB cable double shielded 2 chokes can be better but 1 will work as well

Is you VFD Drive to Spindle cable shielded

Mounted in a plastic Box is not always a good idea, everything should be mounted on a metal Grounded Plate

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vfd mach3 problem-tdk-lambda-rsen-2030l-power-filter-png   vfd mach3 problem-usb-cable-2-png  
    Mactec54