Need Help! Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot


Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

    I have a Fuji electric Frenic Mini VFD to power my lathe from single phase.

    All of a sudden, when I flip the disconnect to power it up, the display which shows frequency either shows nothing, or starts to go from 0 to 60 (hz) very briefly before dying. If I apply some light percussive maintenance to the left hand side it will sometimes light up the display, eventually getting to 60 Hz but never fully powering on. At no point does the fan spin up like it usually does when the drive is powered.

    Obviously it seems like something internal is loose/broken but not in an area that is easily user serviceable. Any suggestions?

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

    Internal auxiliary power supply bad. Normal occurrence on older units. Start-up circuit shot.



  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10887
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmesa View Post
    I have a Fuji electric Frenic Mini VFD to power my lathe from single phase.

    All of a sudden, when I flip the disconnect to power it up, the display which shows frequency either shows nothing, or starts to go from 0 to 60 (hz) very briefly before dying. If I apply some light percussive maintenance to the left hand side it will sometimes light up the display, eventually getting to 60 Hz but never fully powering on. At no point does the fan spin up like it usually does when the drive is powered.

    Obviously it seems like something internal is loose/broken but not in an area that is easily user serviceable. Any suggestions?
    What is the Hp of the Drive and Motor for a lathe the VFD needs to have a much higher rating then the motor also a EMI Power Filter will help save a VFD Drive when powering up, this will reduce any spikes the switching can cause

    TDK RSEN 2030L is for 30A depending on the max of the VFD Drive using Single Phase the input Amps will be double of the output so size the Filter to what is needed larger does not affect anything smaller than needed will fail

    Sounds like the VFD Drive is damaged

    Mactec54


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What is the Hp of the Drive and Motor for a lathe the VFD needs to have a much higher rating then the motor also a EMI Power Filter will help save a VFD Drive when powering up, this will reduce any spikes the switching can cause

    TDK RSEN 2030L is for 30A depending on the max of the VFD Drive using Single Phase the input Amps will be double of the output so size the Filter to what is needed larger does not affect anything smaller than needed will fail

    Sounds like the VFD Drive is damaged

    Motor is 3HP and the Drive is 3HP FRN0012C2S-7U. Why would the drive need to be oversized, this is within it's rated capability?



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10887
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmesa View Post
    Motor is 3HP and the Drive is 3HP FRN0012C2S-7U. Why would the drive need to be oversized, this is within it's rated capability?

    The main problems with a lathe there is a lot of inertia, than say a mill this plays hard on the drive electronics when using single phase, it is always recommended to go 1.5 Hp to 2 Hp bigger for the VFD Drive when using single phase
    even though the drive is rated for 3Hp it's electronics will suffer, but I believe your problem may be the front end electronics which would of been caused by the switching on of the drive you want that power filter to protect it from any spikes and inrush power If you check your manual you will see that they have a EMI Filter close to the power input to the VFD Drive this is the correct way to install these or any VFD Drives

    Mactec54


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot

Fuji Frenic Mini VFD wont boot