Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)

Thread: Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)

Got this Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 on a TOS cnc machine with a Heidenhain 407, I can't get the spindle to spin up, and I'm kinda thinking it might be something wrong with the spindle drive - even though it says "ready", and it looks like it get different parameters etc, but it showd N * NCMD.

The 407 have a "star" coming on so it thinks it's running the spindle given the M03 command - but I get no power out of the spindle drive.

Is there any feedbacks the spindle drive need to output any power, or is it something else that might "stop" it.

If I disconnect some of the plugs it reports things like "No Power", "NO RF" etc, so it seem to be "sensing".....

Any tips on checks one can do would be appreciated.

Also - does anyone know if the X12 connector the T2 should be shorted to ground ? (on the drive itself as it shorts when cables are disconnected - it's the connector for the Thermistor).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)-20191109_160137_1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)

Gotten a bit further, after replacing the spindle drive it turned out that made no difference.......but when giving the M03 command and start turning the spindle by hand it actually start spinning - so any tips on what might cause such beaviour would be appreciated.....it gives me no errors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Indramat KDA 3.2-100-3-A00-W1 - any way to troubleshoot (spindle won't spin up)

Just thought I'd post back now that I seem to have sorted out this problem - even though I haven't put the machine thru any real work yet I'v gotten the spindle working.

The error was with the power output card, where I replaced all the capacitors, and replaced some mosfet transistors on the board ("powersupply part" of the board), which I suspect have been damaged by bad caps or something related to those.

After this repair the spindle is back in operation

Activation process Kwakashimazu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear maws,

I have a similar problem with a KDA 3.2 unit and I wonder if you were able to find the NEC B1100 Darlingtons you show in your picture elsewhere. I am not able to find exactly these transistors but I believe it would suffice to replace them with ones which have similar characteristics, no?

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you mean X2 connector?
    See the attachment.

I have a different problem; if I give it from 0 to 50 revs, is OK. The 50 revs is meant as sped of the spindle, measured with rotary encoder, the motor speed is 10 times higher, there is a planetary gear that drives the encoder so the drive shows 500 revolutions.
    When the command is above 50 revs, the controller issues fault N*NCMD.
    Below 50 revs, everything is ok, showing all internal variables, N, C, M, POS, UD, ID, PD ant T.
    Only S is missing among variables.