Need Help! Chinese 2.2kw 24000rpm Spindle minimum RPM and aluminium mill - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese 2.2kw 24000rpm Spindle minimum RPM and aluminium mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 2.2kw 24000rpm Spindle minimum RPM and aluminium mill

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    Its good to see progress being made.It may not seem like it now but you will be able to produce better parts in a sensible amount of time now you have learned more about the way to extract accuracy and performance from your machine and it will keep getting better.Sharp tools and avoiding flexing of the machine will be at the heart of the process.
    I'm with these bits: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32995535888.html
    Don't like the fact they say Blue nano Coated, that says nothing about true coating for me but they work fine with this aluminium. I also wanted to mill 6061 but the price diference is big so i will stick with 6063 for my holders, price of one 6061 = 3 of 6063 (250x50x10mm)

About mist, apply by hand is a pain, my machine have the tubing, nozzle and motor for apply mist, but i want something more controlled, there are any system that i can connect the tube and trigger by hand? Somekind of a can where i can press something to release a amount of mist. As i have wood under i don't want to flood it with continous loop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sn4k3 View Post
    Hello,

I'm having a little trouble setting correct settings (I'm new in this) for mill aluminium 6063-T5 on a RTM-80-2.2 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32880152613.html) spindle. Calculator gives crazy feeds and i'm not sure to trust them.
    The only sucessfull mill was using a 3.175mm 2 flute at 5000RPM and 150mm/m feed, then i boost to 200 and even 250mm/m without break the tool.
    Now i want use a HSS 8mm 2F bit for a big pocket and i like to ask first before use it and ruin something. For example calculator gives 6310RPM at 1413.52mm/m for a DOC of 1mm and 8mm pocket.
    After reading about these spindles i notice they are not good at low RPMs, some websites say 6000, people says 4000/6000/8000 and i ask the seller which told 9000 as minimum. Also i ask for power curve but none have such data... So with that high variance of RPMs min, what should i take? The seller recommendation?
    Also does my previous cut at 5000RPM can wear spindle or damage it if i continue use such RPMs?

Heres a picture of my first sucessfull mill on Alu:

PS: My machine is a 9060 homemade all made of steel and linear guides
    I looked through your posts, you have a water cooled spindle so the minimum speed is 6000 RPM=100Hz but for cutting aluminum you should not go below 7200 RPM=120Hz

Yes you can damage your spindle if you run it to slow, which you want to avoid doing, if you stall the spindle this will damage it also

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I looked through your posts, you have a water cooled spindle so the minimum speed is 6000 RPM=100Hz but for cutting aluminum you should not go below 7200 RPM=120Hz

Yes you can damage your spindle if you run it to slow, which you want to avoid doing, if you stall the spindle this will damage it also
    Thank you for the info.
    Seller told me the spindle is constant torque, so i can assume it start at 6000RPMs, hit the max value at 9000, keep torque up to xRPMs and then start to goes down?
    7200RPMs seens ok to me as lower value, since my collet is ER20, for a 10mm bit calculator recommends about 10000 RPMs, still in a valid margin for the spindle.
    What you can consider a good RPM value for 3mm bit? The recommended 24000RPMs produce heat and welds but leave a good finish while cut

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stainless steel filter mesh

Stainless steel filter mesh is selected for their wear-resisting, heat-resisting, acid-resisting and corrosion resisting characteristics. Many different grades of stainless are used in wire cloth. SS 304 wire mesh is the most common, but other are used in specific applications to take advantage of each grade's unique properties. Stainless steel wire mesh is extensively used in mining, chemical industry, food industry and pharmaceutical industry. see China stainless steel filter mesh suppliers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12