GS3 VFD 10hp/4Kw Chinese Spindle - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GS3 VFD 10hp/4Kw Chinese Spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GS3 VFD 10hp/4Kw Chinese Spindle

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs21 View Post
    I am going to quadruple check them when I get home, but yes. First thing I am going to do is check resistance on the spindle windings, and then go from there.
    You have 10Hp running on single phase is asking for problems

Your cutter was to big for that speed, you don't have the torque to drive it very light cuts it would work, on single phase 7Hp is about the limit for a VFD Drive on single phase, you can get away with light cutting with the higher Hp VFD Drive but there is not much point if you stall it's all over it does not matter what spindle you have something is going to fail if the VFD Drive has not been setup correct so if there is a stall the VFD Drive does not put out 200% and damage what ever it is attached to

For that VFD Drive to work correctly you would need more than 47A input so lets say 50A supply to be on the safe side the spindle won't need that but the VFD drive needs it to work correctly

7Hp would of been a better choice as you would not of needed as much current 35A would work for the 7Hp drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GS3 VFD 10hp/4Kw Chinese Spindle

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs21 View Post
    I don't doubt that the VFD and spindle are both very capable when they are setup correctly. I just don't have the luxury of time right now to troubleshoot the machine while the spindle is on it.

Busy season is upon us, and my wife gave me the luxury of taking a couple of weeks and re-doing some things that have hindered me for a while with the machine. At the end of all of that, it doesn't seem to be working out and I need to switch tact for a little while.

The VFD should be worth $500 all day long, and that will get me a router that will do what I need for right now, and if I decide to go back to a spindle, I won't have reservations in doing so.

Something about this spindle just spooks me, and after having issues on and off for 7 years, I am just ready to move on.

If anyone wants to purchase the spindle, I will sell it for $50 + shipping as is. It may be a beast, I just have never been able to find out.
    Something is damaged you don't have anything to sell the spindle is 7 years old it did well, you just had to much spindle for the power you had to drive it with

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12