Need Help! How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    By your list you have all the important Parameters set correct, some of these air cooled spindles do get hot, that is why the water cooled spindles are better have you been able to check what the temperature gets too
    Since you are very kind and prepared I would like to ask you how to install a diode laser that I had on my cnc 3018, I would like to put it on my new cnc with mach3 system the spindle I command it with the Vfd panel but I would like to control the laser from the system but I don't know what I need.The 15w laser has three wires and is equipped with ttl that you can control with pwm I am sending you the photo of the controller attached

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a-43455c0f-5879-4c8c-ab14-2043e67d06ff-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimino71 View Post
    Since you are very kind and prepared I would like to ask you how to install a diode laser that I had on my cnc 3018, I would like to put it on my new cnc with mach3 system the spindle I command it with the Vfd panel but I would like to control the laser from the system but I don't know what I need.The 15w laser has three wires and is equipped with ttl that you can control with pwm I am sending you the photo of the controller attached
    I don't know how you want to control your laser, but I see your breakout board has a PWM output which may work for your laser, to use the PWM output you would control that output like an Axis as it can be an axis Step / Dir or a PWM output you may have to change a jumper on the board if it has one so it would be P1 and PC GND for the PWM output failing to get this to work you would need to add a PWM Board

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I don't know how you want to control your laser, but I see your breakout board has a PWM output which may work for your laser, to use the PWM output you would control that output like an Axis as it can be an axis Step / Dir or a PWM output you may have to change a jumper on the board if it has one so it would be P1 and PC GND for the PWM output failing to get this to work you would need to add a PWM Board
    my laser has three wires a positive a negative is a yellow wire which should be the ttl signal it worked in pwm without any additional card because it has its own, on the 3018 card it had a specific input for the laser another cable in the box that I have never used I send you the photos so you can see and give me directions for connecting to my breakout board

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a-ef4637c2-d1a4-40a5-9ab3-9050851d1395-jpeg   How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a-2fb12e36-24c8-4b82-8de6-d0ecd156c57b-jpg   How to show Rpm instead of frequency? FVD yl620-a-2e729530-c675-4632-85e2-ad12910940ea-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimino71 View Post
    my laser has three wires a positive a negative is a yellow wire which should be the ttl signal it worked in pwm without any additional card because it has its own, on the 3018 card it had a specific input for the laser another cable in the box that I have never used I send you the photos so you can see and give me directions for connecting to my breakout board
    You would have to test that 5th axis port to see what it can do it has the PWM and Gnd just have to test it and see which pins you can use, and if it can give you the output you need, I have never connected a laser up to a board like this so just testing is your best way to find out if it can fire your laser

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is an old thread, but in case someone else is searching for this. To show rpm on your inverter you have to set P00.24 to 9 and P00.23 to 60%. That will show your speed as (at 400Hz) 'u2400'. Or if you set to 6% is will say 'u 240'.
    Yes, it doesn't show the 24000 rpm but it is better than nothing!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but in case someone else is searching for this. To show rpm on your inverter you have to set P00.24 to 9 and P00.23 to 60%. That will show your speed as (at 400Hz) 'u2400'. Or if you set to 6% is will say 'u 240'.
    Thats good information but you have to say what make and model number VFD Drive this is for, they are all different.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
    Thanks, that worked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12