Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out? - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 2.2kw spindle burned out?

Yes, the Deckel had a 3/4 Hp 3 phase 3,000 rpm motor on it which makes it less saleable to the gen unwashed etc.

For another A$100 for the VFD it immediately put the Deckel into the must have basket of anyone who wants or thinks they can use it for tool grinding.....don't even think about grinding the helixes of an end mill, but for angles on tool bits and end faces of end mills it's tops......just not my need as I have a Cuttermaster for all my wants.

The main point about the UTUBE vid by Clough42 was that it enlightened yours truly, (more so than the paper expo sheet with the VFD), as to how and why the parameters can be changed to suit your needs.....it's extremely explicit.

The terminals on the VFD are clearly marked for wire up and as it runs straight out of the box.....joyous rapture all round.

It is possible that the dang thing might malfunction some time in the future but as they are so cheap...…..I'll just sell it on Gumtree for a few bucks or bung it and get another,no chance to fix it.

BTW, the words and music I watched on UTUBE are by a person who has distinct knowledge about what he's talking about not someone who just bought a cheap VFD and thought he'd make a name by posting some twaddle about how he ran one etc...…..I don't know him, but I do know of him from other reviews and comments.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Yes, the Deckel had a 3/4 Hp 3 phase 3,000 rpm motor on it which makes it less saleable to the gen unwashed etc.

For another A$100 for the VFD it immediately put the Deckel into the must have basket of anyone who wants or thinks they can use it for tool grinding.....don't even think about grinding the helixes of an end mill, but for angles on tool bits and end faces of end mills it's tops......just not my need as I have a Cuttermaster for all my wants.

The main point about the UTUBE vid by Clough42 was that it enlightened yours truly, (more so than the paper expo sheet with the VFD), as to how and why the parameters can be changed to suit your needs.....it's extremely explicit.

The terminals on the VFD are clearly marked for wire up and as it runs straight out of the box.....joyous rapture all round.

It is possible that the dang thing might malfunction some time in the future but as they are so cheap...…..I'll just sell it on Gumtree for a few bucks or bung it and get another,no chance to fix it.

BTW, the words and music I watched on UTUBE are by a person who has distinct knowledge about what he's talking about not someone who just bought a cheap VFD and thought he'd make a name by posting some twaddle about how he ran one etc...…..I don't know him, but I do know of him from other reviews and comments.
    Ian.
    As I said he is just a hobby guy making videos, there is some good information in there if another first time hobby guy needs this, but take it at face value, as there where some mistakes being made when he was doing the wiring

What was the brand name of the VFD Drive you brought

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I would say the guy did reasonably okay, only problem is from what i saw he is like Mac said just a hobby guy working on mains equipment., then showing other hobby guys how to work on mains equipment. This can be very dangerous. That said i visited a mate who runs a kitchen cabinet factory, an Aussie qualified sparky wired a VFD inside a steel enclosure for his compressor, the guy did not bond the enclosure!!

Guess being qualified does not always mean they do the job safely/to standard.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    As I said he is just a hobby guy making videos, there is some good information in there if another first time hobby guy needs this, but take it at face value, as there where some mistakes being made when he was doing the wiring

What was the brand name of the VFD Drive you brought
    Not sure of the actual brand as it's Chinese origin....but the type AT1 was noted in the instruction manual for that model....it's 2.2Kw 3 HP etc. on Amazon.

The main thing about the post was it made the instruction manual more user frienfdly….to me anyway, once I re-browsed it and saw what it was about.

Previously I avoided the main parameter setting up due to ignorance of what it meant and what for etc.....I can relate more to a visual presentation like a duck to water.....it's a case of don't tell me, show me.

If I'm designing something it's gotta be on paper not verbal......I suppose I related to comics (with pictures) when I was a kid in place of hard back novels etc.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Not sure of the actual brand as it's Chinese origin....but the type AT1 was noted in the instruction manual for that model....it's 2.2Kw 3 HP etc. on Amazon.

The main thing about the post was it made the instruction manual more user frienfdly….to me anyway, once I re-browsed it and saw what it was about.

Previously I avoided the main parameter setting up due to ignorance of what it meant and what for etc.....I can relate more to a visual presentation like a duck to water.....it's a case of don't tell me, show me.

If I'm designing something it's gotta be on paper not verbal......I suppose I related to comics (with pictures) when I was a kid in place of hard back novels etc.
    Ian.
    Yes the AT1 I have the manual for XSY-AT1 Single phase VFD Drive quite easy to work with as not much you can do wrong with it's wiring Etc, Just L N G for your input power supply, just make sure you have a disconnect between the VFD Drive and your power source as these Drive don't like being powered OFF / ON by using a Plug at the wall

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Just had a look at the listing on Amazon and it is the XSY-AT1 model.

There is a red and green button on the front.

The green is labelled run and the red stop/reset......it also has the round speed control knob.

I assumed the red button was the stop button......why would you need a disconnect between the VFD and the wall socket....to totally isolate the VFD when the work is over?

In OZ all of our wall sockets are switched, but I definately would not stop the motor by switching the VFD off at the wall socket.

What effect does the red stop/reset button have, apart from stopping the driven motor......that is, what does the reset function do?....I see it also has a function button too.

I got the impression, if my memory still functions, that the red button stops the motor with a single stab at the button and a long press enables the parameters to be re-set with the up and down arrow buttons......maybe not, I think the function button does all that.....I'll have to gen up on it.
    Ian.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789