Strange VFD error that won't clear

Thread: Strange VFD error that won't clear

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Strange VFD error that won't clear

Hi all, a great forum I have stumbled across. As well as running CNC machines I also haveca Huanyang VFD 4KW that has happily run my vehicle ramp for the last 2 years no worries.
    I have always left the VFD switched on and powered up.
    Went on holiday for a week, powered down the VFD, came back after my week away, switched the power back on and i get an error code that looks like E02.3 then the LCD shows error.

I cannot reset this. Taken off any external switches and the motor and its still the same.
    Can't get to the programme settings just locked on error page.
    Nothing in the manual about that code.

Is it dead?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Capture+_2019-08-01-21-31-03.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange VFD error that won't clear-capture-_2019-08-01-21-31-03-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Strange VFD error that won't clear

Quote Originally Posted by Markcbz View Post
    Hi all, a great forum I have stumbled across. As well as running CNC machines I also haveca Huanyang VFD 4KW that has happily run my vehicle ramp for the last 2 years no worries.
    I have always left the VFD switched on and powered up.
    Went on holiday for a week, powered down the VFD, came back after my week away, switched the power back on and i get an error code that looks like E02.3 then the LCD shows error.

I cannot reset this. Taken off any external switches and the motor and its still the same.
    Can't get to the programme settings just locked on error page.
    Nothing in the manual about that code.

Is it dead?
    Can you get into the Parameters if you can PD172=01 this is to clear a Fault

Remove the Keypad if you can and replace it, sometimes this will clear a Fault also

What is the supply Voltage

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, can't get to the parameters at all. No functions from the keypad. Tried using the remote link wires inside, GND to RESET nothing either.

The 12v supply to the screw connectors is present as is the 5v.
    Stripped the whole thing looking for bad joints and poor components, all looks good. Rebuilt it, still the same.
    If I unplug the little board (LCD and pad) and plug it back in it reboots but still error on the screen and can't get off that screen.

Strange as all I did was unplug it for a week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Markcbz View Post
    Hi, can't get to the parameters at all. No functions from the keypad. Tried using the remote link wires inside, GND to RESET nothing either.

The 12v supply to the screw connectors is present as is the 5v.
    Stripped the whole thing looking for bad joints and poor components, all looks good. Rebuilt it, still the same.
    If I unplug the little board (LCD and pad) and plug it back in it reboots but still error on the screen and can't get off that screen.

Strange as all I did was unplug it for a week.
    Do you have this on a cord with a plug into the wall, this is a bad idea, VFD Drives do not like being plugged in and unplugged, this causes electrical spikes / surges and will damage the electronics

Most VFD Drive Manuals have this information

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange VFD error that won't clear-pluging-unpluging-png  
    Mactec54