YL620-A VFD setting question.

Thread: YL620-A VFD setting question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default YL620-A VFD setting question.

I have a YL620-A VFD and an air cooled 1.5kW 220 volt spindle.
    I am able to make it run successfully and control the speed from the controller pot on the VFD panel.
    I am using Estlcam software which has speed control built in and I have made the control board to produce the variable 0-10 volts required to control the VFD.
    I can produce the 0-10 volts from the software, but am not able to get any response from the VFD using it.
    I have the variable voltage 0-10 volts connected to the Gnd and the 10V connectins on the VFD, I have also tried the GND and VI1 connections (pot rotor)
    I have had to do all the speed control from the VDF panel instead, although I am able to turn the spindle on and off with the software successfully.
    I have tried various settings in the VFD but without success in remotely controlling the speed via software.
    Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions on how to set up the settings for the remote control please?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: YL620-A VFD setting question.

Quote Originally Posted by regpye View Post
    I am able to make it run successfully and control the speed from the controller pot on the VFD panel.
    I am using Estlcam software which has speed control built in and I have made the control board to produce the variable 0-10 volts required to control the VFD.
    I can produce the 0-10 volts from the software, but am not able to get any response from the VFD using it.
    I have the variable voltage 0-10 volts connected to the Gnd and the 10V connectins on the VFD, I have also tried the GND and VI1 connections (pot rotor)
    I have had to do all the speed control from the VDF panel instead, although I am able to turn the spindle on and off with the software successfully.
    I have tried various settings in the VFD but without success in remotely controlling the speed via software.
    Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions on how to set up the settings for the remote control please?
    VI1 and Gnd is the correct connection then you have to set a Parameter for it to work, ( P00.01 Either 1 or 2 ) if the KeyPad is working then you have not activated remote control

You also need a Relay to turn it on FWD and XGND this is just a switch, so for a temporary connection you can jumper the FWD and XGND, This should only be temporary for a try out

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    VI1 and Gnd is the correct connection then you have to set a Parameter for it to work, ( P00.01 Either 1 or 2 ) if the KeyPad is working then you have not activated remote control

You also need a Relay to turn it on FWD and XGND this is just a switch, so for a temporary connection you can jumper the FWD and XGND, This should only be temporary for a try out
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have the stop/start working OK, I am using a PC217 opto isolator circuit to do the switching for that part. connected as you say between XGND and FOR.

If I set P00.01 =0 then the speed control works by the panel speed control knob. If I set P00.01 to either 1 or 2 the panel speed control knob doesn't work any more, but also the software control also does not control the speed, it runs at full speed in both cases when I activate the software spindle on.
    There seems to be other settings that are not explained in the manual P70.08 - P70.15 enough for me to understand, and I think that may be the reason that the software is not controlling the speed.
    I have attached the PDF manual for this VFD.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply.
    I have the stop/start working OK, I am using a PC217 opto isolator circuit to do the switching for that part. connected as you say between XGND and FOR.

If I set P00.01 =0 then the speed control works by the panel speed control knob. If I set P00.01 to either 1 or 2 the panel speed control knob doesn't work any more, but also the software control also does not control the speed, it runs at full speed in both cases when I activate the software spindle on.
    There seems to be other settings that are not explained in the manual P70.08 - P70.15 enough for me to understand, and I think that may be the reason that the software is not controlling the speed.
    I have attached the PDF manual for this VFD.
    That is the way it should work when you set P00.01 You can't have the KeyPad and remote control working at the same time

Have you got the 0-10v working by setting a speed like M3S12000 and check the voltage it should be 5v if not then you have to get that part working before you have anything to change in the VFD

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That is the way it should work when you set P00.01 You can't have the KeyPad and remote control working at the same time

Have you got the 0-10v working by setting a speed like M3S12000 and check the voltage it should be 5v if not then you have to get that part working before you have anything to change in the VFD
    Thanks for your input, yes I have checked the reference voltage.
    The reference voltage is being produced with a LM358 board that produces 0-10 volts from the 5V PWM signal. It is working fine producing 0-10 volts across the range.
    Found out the settings needed.
    P03.12 =30 (any lower the spindle will not start properly, higher will make the start RPM higher also)
    P03.13 =400 (highest RPM for the spindle)
    After setting, shut down the VFD and restart and it will work OK.
    The range is working OK except the highest frequency is around 270 instead of 400.
    Also the spindle is getting very hot while before it would run cool for hours.
    I wish I had kept a record of the original settings so that I could go back and start again.
    The original settings were not factory defaults I found out, so now another problem.

Last edited by regpye; 07-21-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hai there, just want to know if u have resolve the problem with YL620-A VFD? If haven't, i might be able to help. Please WhatsApp me since i might miss ur question in here..
    +6011-10212761

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hafizi5299 View Post
    Hai there, just want to know if u have resolve the problem with YL620-A VFD? If haven't, i might be able to help. Please WhatsApp me since i might miss ur question in here..
    +6011-10212761
    Yes thanks, I have it working fine now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your input, yes I have checked the reference voltage.
    The reference voltage is being produced with a LM358 board that produces 0-10 volts from the 5V PWM signal. It is working fine producing 0-10 volts across the range.
    Found out the settings needed.
    P03.12 =30 (any lower the spindle will not start properly, higher will make the start RPM higher also)
    P03.13 =400 (highest RPM for the spindle)
    After setting, shut down the VFD and restart and it will work OK.
    The range is working OK except the highest frequency is around 270 instead of 400.
    Also the spindle is getting very hot while before it would run cool for hours.
    I wish I had kept a record of the original settings so that I could go back and start again.
    The original settings were not factory defaults I found out, so now another problem.
    Haha... nice one.!!! These two settings saved me with YL620-A and its 2.2kW spindle that didn't want to f... spin at all. I've tried changing the first 30 Pxxx settings with no luck. Thanks!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I just bought a 1.5 kw spindle 110V YL620-A I am preatty new to cnc world. I have tried to set the VDF to the values in the manual but It does not work. I do not want to control the spindle with the breakoutboar, I just want to be able to make it work.

When I trie to make it run it goes very slow like and it jumps and then it stops and the VDF says (ER 04)

Could you share the settings you use please. Like I said, i just want to make it spin correctly, not to control it with the breakout board. thanks in advance, hope somebody can help me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hafizi5299 View Post
    +6011-10212761
    Hi I'm new in this forum could you share your settings to make the air cooled spindle work not to heat it controlled by VFD YL620-A

Downloads
    Uploads

hello, how have you managed to turn it on and off from estlcam, what are the connections you have made?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jctm View Post
    hello, how have you managed to turn it on and off from estlcam, what are the connections you have made?
    Estlcam has very little to do how your VFD Drive turns On / Off

M3S6000 in your program is what turns on your spindle, ( You can do this in MDI mode in your control to test your spindle ) if everything is wired and your control and VFD Drive is programed correctly this piece of code will run your spindle at 6,000 RPM or any number you want to use

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

YL620A control 100% by UGS software..